It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wouldn't iIt Be Ironic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Now that we have a new senate and house,and a vow to work together (I'll believe it when I see it), wouldn't it be ironic if the White House and congress actually started working together?

[edit on 10-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes it would be ironic if the two parties worked together. It would be most ironic. However, I'm currently very pessimistic when I say that "I'll believe it when I see it".

As far as I am concerned, the two parties have already worked together to get the US into Iraq. Otherwise the Democrats would not have voted to send troops there in the first place. The rhetoric of the Dems have not matched their actions.

As far as I am concerned....there is NO DIFFERENCE between the Dems and the Reps. They are, for all intents and purposes, the same.

What are the differences between these "two parties"? You tell me.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Tyrant,not much!!
I don't see any real change coming until another party is allowed into the political process. I don't see that happening.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I don't see any real change coming until another party is allowed into the political process. I don't see that happening.

Lately, I have been giving a lot of thought about how "things might have been" if Ross Perot had continued his short-lived election campaign agains George Bush Sr. Even if he had not won (which wouldn't have surprised me). The other parties would have had to face the fact that Americans were not pleased at all with the state of things. And, the Dems and the Rep. parties would have had to change the ways that they do business or they would have had to face the very real possiblity that they were going to LOSE. At one point or another the American people, when given an alternative choice, they were going to vote the Democrats AND the Republicans out of office and out of power.

I'm not saying that Ross Perot would have been the answer. What I am saying is that the Democrats, the Republicans and the U.S. government need a very real and profound wake up call as far as being receptive to the needs and desires of the American people.

The US already had a "wake-up" call on 9-11. But it would seem that aside from x-raying shoes at the airport, they don't know what to do.

All I know is that that old definition of insanity keeps coming to mind...."when you do same old things over and over again while expecting different results then it means you are insane". By this definition, the Dems and Rep. parties are insane and, to tell you the truth.....they have driven the American people to that same level because we keep voting the same people, the same old ideas which garner the same results into power.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
I'm not saying that Ross Perot would have been the answer. What I am saying is that the Democrats, the Republicans and the U.S. government need a very real and profound wake up call as far as being receptive to the needs and desires of the American people.

Oh,I think Ross Perot was very much the answer at the time. Tell me one thing that he warned us about that hasn't come to pass? He warned us about NAFTA...You see what it has done. Exactly what he said. He warned us about the defecit. You see what it is.

I voted for Ross Perot and I would vote for him still. He saw things for what they were.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Try scarry. When the American taxpayer sees Republicans and Democrats acting together his instinctive reaction should be to apply a good lubricant to his own rectum to ease the suffering to come. When Republicans and Democrats work together it means their acting in the name of somebody who funds them both equally, usually a major corporation out to get a hand into my wallet and yours.

new topics

top topics

join