It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems have house and senate - Here comes the draft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Maybe Charlie Rangel (D) and other dems will get their way now.
Funny how they didn't campaign on this:

www.americanthinker.com...

excerpt:

As recently as last February of 2006, Rangel once again introduced draft legislation. In a press release he stated,

“Every day that the military option is on the table, as declared by the President in his State of the Union address, in Iran, North Korea, and Syria, reinstatement of the military draft is an option that must also be considered, whether we like it or not,”

[edit on 10-11-2006 by Apoc]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Is there anymore sources. Cause if true this is big!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Read my lips, it will be not draft.

So do not get all hot on the issue because unless the Democrats are planning to invaded

NK and Iran, it will be not draft.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Here's his explanation, from the LaRouche website. I don't know if you'll trust the site, but, he's my congressman and this is how it was explained to me. I was also initially shocked.

Rangel's commentary has caused a furor among pro-war utopians, precisely because most of the war-mongers are "chicken-hawks," who have no military experience, and who are in no danger of having their own children involved in a war...

"But as a combat veteran of the Korean conflict, I believe that if we are going to send our children to war, the governing principle must be that of shared sacrifice.... Yet the Congress that voted overwhelmingly to allow the use of force in Iraq includes only one member who has a child in the enlisted ranks of the military.... I believe that if those calling for war knew that their children were likely to be required to serve—and to be placed in harm's way—there would be more caution and a greater willingess to work with the international community in dealing with Iraq.

www.larouchepub.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Looks like he is beating the drum again:

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have a different conspiracy theory for the democrat Rangel's actions in support of the draft.

Like so many democrats and liberals, Rangel has a deep dislike of the military. Therefore, his "secret agenda" is the destruction of the U.S. military. His plan for accomplishing this is to bring back the draft. An idea so repugnant to so many that it would turn the country against it's own military.

Deviously clever, Mr. Rangel. But you have now been exposed.

[edit on 11/19/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
I have a different conspiracy theory for the democrat Rangel's actions in support of the draft.

Like so many democrats and liberals, Rangel has a deep dislike of the military. Therefore, his "secret agenda" is the destruction of the U.S. military.

Before you go generalizing about democrats and liberals, you might want to know that Rangel served in Korea.

His plan isn't about destroying our military (who in their right mind would want us to be unprotected?), it's about democratizing the process. Why should rich kids get to avoid the draft, when they have the most to gain from any war?

Rangel pre-emptively drafted this bill... so that Bush and company wouldn't draft one that said "Poor kids only."

When I first heard of his bill, a few years ago, I was pissed, and prepared to go to his office, in Harlem, and question him. Once I read it, I saw what he was trying to do, and I appreciated his efforts.

edit to add: Apoc, I'm glad he's beating that drum again. Where do you think they're gonna get those additional 20,000 troops???

[edit on 20-11-2006 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The democrats believe iraq is a total farce.
they beleive bush is the crminial he truley is

why on earth are they going to follow into IRAN, and ALLOW a draft.. all stemming from a curropt governments illegial war?

They wont introduce the draft just on the whim of a bat.

But if the US sufferes a serious internal attack, that costs thousands of lives..

would enough americans feel patriotic enough to join?
making a draft irellevant?

[edit on 20-11-2006 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
Before you go generalizing about democrats and liberals, you might want to know that Rangel served in Korea.

Right, he served - along with democrat "patriots" like Kerry and Murtha.

His plan isn't about destroying our military (who in their right mind would want us to be unprotected?)

That is the real question here, and I think I answered it - democrats are the party in favor of a weakened military, and Rangel is leading the way to do just that. They are the ones that always vote for the big cuts, such as when Carter and Clinton were president.

Why should rich kids get to avoid the draft, when they have the most to gain from any war?

There currently is no draft. This question is moot - unless the democrats get their way and vote in a draft.

My conspiracy theory stands ...

[edit on 11/20/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have a feeling this type of rhetoric could have been an election changing issue. Good for dems it got no press pre-election.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
I have a feeling this type of rhetoric could have been an election changing issue. Good for dems it got no press pre-election.

And good for Republicans that if the dems keep pushing this agenda, they won't be around very long. In a way, I'm glad to see Rangel bring this up early (and often I hope) as it's the kind of polarizing issue that will keep the dems from ever getting their real message out to the American public - should they ever actually develop a plan for anything besides just complaining about what the Republicans have done.

You see, this is where I kind of agree with marge6043 in that both parties end up looking the same because neither party seems to know what to do with the power they crave so badly once they actually get it. They both find some way to waste whatever mandate or goodwill they receive until the public says "that's enough!" and votes to try something different.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think the reasoning behind Rangels proposal has nothing to do with destroying the military, as much as destroying the war effort. Maybe he thinks there will be massive anti-war protests (that they haven't been gertting) and that will force the president to retrieve the soldiers and pull out immediatley.

Of course as an unintended side-effect of this ill thought out scheme I agree that an influx of crying little wussie Playstation generation snivillers would all but destroy our highly motivated heavy hitting troops.

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The only reason he wants to bring the draft is due like other members has said already to stop the military from using our under privilege and minority soldiers and have an equal service for rich and poor.

That is the fact

Now, I am against the draft, already Bush has said that the draft is no necessary, and Pelosy also agree with Bush.

The bill will be introduce next year but is not reason for concern.

Now, no spining is necesary.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The only reason he wants to bring the draft is due like other members has said already to stop the military from using our under privilege and minority soldiers and have an equal service for rich and poor.

That's a fact, eh? I've watched you spout often of things you obviously know nothing about at all Marg...

The Fact is that Minorities represent slightly less then there proportion to the US population in the military. The fact is that minorities represent a larger then their share of the population:portion of military jobs that are high tech in nature and less in the combat arms. The fact is that minorities make up much less of the casualties and KIA's in this conflict then their portion of the population would suggest. The Fact is that our military is made up primarily of the middle class. The fact is that a draft would force the minorities and under privledged to actually pick up their share and maybe earn some of their government entitlements. Another fact is: that would ruin our military.

www.ashbrook.org...

[edit on 21-11-2006 by Gatordone]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted by Gatordone
That's a fact, eh? I've watched you spout often of things you obviously know nothing about at all Marg...

Please check the rules relating to personal attacks on this website, also, if Marg6043 wants to "spout" about things then Marg6043 is entitled to do that.

My opinion: While our military service is involved in a war effort, it's personnel are drawn mostly from the middle class, educated youth.

The children of priviledge: the rich, never serve unless forced, yet they are the ones who benefit most from the economic opportunities of war making.

The poor: Mostly uneducated, or failed out of high school, they fail to meet the minimum guidlines for soldiers in todays high-tech military.

While a Draft that forces all citizens of age to participate in Service to the Country is an excellent idea, a Draft that is exclusive to Military Service is not. Therefore a Draft that includes not only Military Service but Service to the Public would be equatible, just, and provide for the common good. This would create a Draft that not only provides Soldiers, but also provides Workers who can be utilized on Public Service projects, such as repairing our infrastructure, while giving the same individuals a clear shot at a life sustaining job in the private sector.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by 2stepsfromtop]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone

Yes definitely and issult, here Gatordone, read the terms and conditions of the site.

BTW read what is included on the minorities you just made it into a racial issue perhaps that is your agenda after all . . .

Also I am very interested . . . using your words I've watched. . . so. . . can you see me
really, really SEE me

And yes I am a spanish minority and yes I have lost already plenty of family member fighting for this nation through the years from world war 2 through Vietnam.

So how many of your family members has become heroes serving this great nation?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That's not an insult. It's a long term observation. You're family has been here generations now? Judging from your ingles I suggest you find a dictionary and look up the word insult. You might think tickling is torture if you don't know the meanings of the words.

"The only reason he wants to bring the draft is due like other members has said already to stop the military from using our under privilege and minority soldiers and have an equal service for rich and poor," this is what you said and there is evidence which proves this point is meritless.

"Also I am very interested . . . using your words I've watched. . . so. . . can you see me
really, really SEE me
", seriously, what did you just say?

Many of my recent and distant relatives have fought for freedom for this country since we were an English colony. I myself am an Army Veteran. My parents were both Army and met during Vietnam. If you had a point trying to compare family histories other then attempting some sort of sad "comeuppance" it is lost on me. Much like the rest of your posts.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gatordone
Many of my recent and distant relatives have fought for freedom for this country since we were an English colony.

Good for you . . .!!!!!, but mine came during the Spanish conquerors so I guess beat the challenge.

I myself am an Army Veteran.

And so is my father but from Korean war, I am a little bit oder than you I guess.

My parents were both Army and met during Vietnam. If you had a point trying to compare family histories other then attempting some sort of sad "comeuppance" it is lost on me. Much like the rest of your posts.

No at all . . . is nice to see somebody with a long history of family service in this great nation.

But still trying to bait me with insinuations will take you nowhere.

Have a nice turkey day and don't eat to much goodies.

new topics

top topics

join