It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would an electromagnetic drive work?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
GRavity seems to be affected by Electromagnetic fields.

I dont really have much information in my brain about this...but i just had an idea come to me and i just wondered if it would work.

just say we had a steel plate

====================================

And there were heaps of holes in this steel plate

=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=**=*=*=*=*=*=

Now at teh top of the steel plate were heaps of devices that produced an electromagnetic field heading downways through the holes and out to below it.

Now those devices would swtch on and off reall really fast like in the thousands of hertz. so thousands of times a second.

I'm just wondering...could you generate thrust this way?

Gravity seems to be affected by Electromagnetic fields.

They've managed to hover objects by using sound and using a certain frequency to do it.

Can we do the same with electromagnetic devices at a certain frequency?

just wondering if something like that would be possible.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
why would you want to do that in the first place??

moving the earth will cause serious damage to our habitat....we could die if that happened, starvation being first.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No, no and no.

As far as the sound wave experiment, it would have to have been a very light object.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
what do the holes in the steel plate have to do with it?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
research Dr. Brown's work in antigravity...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
if hoverboards could be as good as skateboards i want one!!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bowser
what do the holes in the steel plate have to do with it?

probably nothing. i dunno man. it was just an idea.....just trying ot get a clearer picture of what i meant.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I was just wondering if they served a purpose I didn't recognize or not.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Can you show me where I can learn about how gravity is affected by electromagnetic fields???

[Edited on 11/13/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I had this thought at one point...About a dynamo..

If you were to make a very large dynamo, something like, in the area of 20 feet in diameter, and set it to spinning....then...put it in a frictionless environment, like space, and continue it's spinning, it would produce interesting effects, would it not? Would it ever stop?

knowing this, what if the dynamo was in fact made with a magnet, so that when it got past a certain point, it interacted with another magnet...in a negative way, such that the dynamo is propelled away from the magnet. Would that not accelerate the dynamo?

Knowing this...couldn't we accelerate the dynamo indefinitely? to the point of breaking the laws of thermodynamics.....? Or, possibly CREATE energy??

I'd really like someone to explain how I'm wrong with this, and if I'm not, why we haven't done it yet...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Not sure what a dynamo is, but I would think it would physically break down before breaking any laws of physics. The spinning would cause mass to try and move outwards, can the material handle the forces generated by its own spinning?

top topics

join