It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Believers in Aliens Schizophrenic?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
eeesh...if I could classify any post as being Trollish...this'd be one of them for sure.

Maybe a better topic for slug-fest than here?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I'd also like to just take a little time to look at Great Tech's signature:

May the Infinitely Great God be with Everybody Always and Forever.

This is just soooo patronising, not only to us poor fools who don't believe in the guy with the long white beard, but to God His Own Ineffable Self, assuming he is real rather than a figment of the imagination.

If God is Infinitely Great, then he cannot help but be with Everybody Always and Forever. (Love those captials.) An infinite being would extend throughout the entire universe, because that's what infinitely great means. Therefore, God would always be with anyone always and forever, whether we like it or not.

Therefore, Great Tech's pious and smug signature is utterly, utterly irrelevant. Assuming God exists and that He is male in sex, then Great Tech is praying for something that is already the case, and seeking to earn emotional and spiritual brownie points for doing so.

And Esoteric Teacher, thanks once again for demonstrating the utter infallibility of the Law of Fives.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
that's what's great about forum's like this we all have differing opinion's, as for me i do believe in god and i do believe in the existence of extraterrestial biological entities which is what the gov't call's them, but i personally believe in the possibility that they're one in the same maybe or maybe not but i don't rule out the possibility, i have a theory on that subject which i might post at a later date

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Well, hes going straight to my ignore list.

Hes a troll.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
There is still no evidence of aliens ever existing in world history. Believers in aliens tend to take Life all on the technological side. Believers in God take Life on the Spiritual side. Believers in aliens need to find peace that can only come from God.

All prayers for schizophrenics and the mentally ill!!!

I would like to say, there are a lot goverment officals going around the ufo sites of the world, that would like to put this out like you say people with the ufo alien belief are schizophrenics and the mentally ill.
And the goverment officals who use sites like youtube to send out hoax videos, plus you get the sick arse holes who are nothing to do with goverment posting fake footage they made on there computer all this helps the goverment to cover up the real ufo evidence.
People with no belief have nothing to look forward to mate.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
No, GreatTech is not mentally unstable.

The guy actually has a lot of great thoughts.

And, although we have had some dissagreements of opinions in the past ... .

I come to realize sometimes GreatTech just doesn't always know how best put the words together. It's not that he dislikes anyone, he doesn't. It's just that he lacks some communication skills, as do we all!!!!!

So don't be too harsh on him, just address the points he inquires about.

In his current understanding there is not enough "proof" that E.T.s exists and are visiting us. But, he is in this Forum asking pertinent questions to further understand the phenomenon, is he not?????

So, just share what you know is fact, or your opinion, but don't bash the guy for asking questions please. He did not do it in a belittling fashion, unless you think with a belittling mind. If you think with a belittling mind, then you think he did. I know enough about the guys thought processes from BTS to know he is not a negative guy.

Peace and truth,
john

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Great Tech. You seem to be quite mixed up .First of all , as I am sure you will agree ,faith means beleiving things without evidence(that is why it is not called fact)and while there is a huge preponderance of conjecture,speculation and guesswork about God,noone knows anything for sure (absolutely none of it is based in fact)
If however you take the UFO phenomenon you have quite a lot of good quality evidence both scientific and circumstantial ,whilst not being definitive,gives the objective viewer a good idea that this subject is based in reality,after all, whens the last time God turned up on radar?.
I do not mean to cause you any offence but you might be suffering from some kind of relgious prejudice toward the UFO subject as the idea of sufficiently advanced technologies being indistinguishable from magic is quite feasible.
If an object is plotted on radar travelling at incredibly high speeds ,executing right angle turns and displaying unprecedented flight characteristics and aerial manouverability then it does not matter if you refuse to beleive in UFOs, they appear on radar nonetheless.
I realsise most UFO cynics suffer from a kind of willfull ignorance based on hysterically cynical prejudice and a fear of mockery,but I suggest you attempt to look into your subject yourself in an impartial,objective way and do not just unquestioningly beleive what you are told by other people.
Finaly,there is a huge difference between organised ,indoctrinating religion and spirituality.I know a few non relgious people and on the whole they are good natured ,kind optimists.I think spirituality is the feeling you get when you a see an amazing sunset or when you look into a tigers face,it has nothing to do with organised religion that are more and more becoming a haven for extremist bigotry.
Surely the only important thing is to be good natured(benevolent not malovelent),treat people the same(from aboriginie to eskimo) and ,if there is a God,use what He/She/It gave you between your ears to look into matters in a objective, rational manner and not be guilty of assumption or prejudice,especialy when investigating anomalous phenomena.
Regards Karl

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

There is still no evidence of aliens ever existing in world history. Believers in aliens tend to take Life all on the technological side.

All disbelievers are schizophrenics and very small-minded. Do you think Europeans ever thought there would be a world outside the Middle East and Europe prior to the discovery of the 'New World'/America?

The galaxy is so extremely big that it's very plausible that ''aliens'' (creatures not coming from earth) exist.

Besides, people have been adducted by aliens and proof exists of implants made from materials of an unknown origin/available on earth.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:11 PM
link   
there's no real evidence to show aliens exist. There is evidence of ufo's but many of them turn out to be hoaxes etc. There's lots of amazing pictures of aliens and they have been debunked also. Basically the belief in aliens is the same as the belief in gods etc. Millions of people encounter angels and aliens but no one has any cold hard scientific proof. Implants are not scientific proof of aliens.

So the belief in aliens is a religion or a cult type idea that people follow simply because of blind faith or personal experience which they cannot prove happened. Something is happening but it cannot be proven to be caused by aliens.

So all we have proof of is ufos that could belong to anyone or as Jung stated could simply come from our powerful subconscious.

So the idea that this new alien/ufo religion is the right one because it has hard proof is false. It has just as much proof as other religions which mention flying objects and lights in the sky and visitations/abductions/interference etc from otherworldly beings.

So one religious group calling another religious group schizophrenic is kinda insulting and my guess is it is the result of an ongoing debate about where aliens originate. Are they the gods of old or et's of new regions

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
implant's made from unknown material's? just tell us where are these implant's, provide proof that these implant's exist, are they really implant's? who studied these implant's? and what were their finding's? i guantee you have no clue what your talking about

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
What a cheeky thing to say! I thought it was against the T&C to not ridicule others' beliefs etc.

And who says there is no evidence of aliens in world affairs. The Disclosure Project? Helllooooo? Disclosure Project alone has all the cases and testimony alone to prove that not only do they exist, but they have been here and we have retrieved their craft and back-engineered their technology. Pretty damning evidence.

Now, that's not mental illness talking - it's from an avid reader with a keenness for learning the truth.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by RiotComing]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I was called a schitzophrenic by a neurologist. I was having seizures, and seeing these little shiny dudes. He asked me about my hallucinations, which I believe were other life-forms, and said straight out "you're schitzophrenic".

Now I'm on medication and I don't see them anymore, although on the first night of me taking the meds I was hallucinating so bad I even had to tell my girlfriend about the 'aliens' I was seeing.

So yeah, 'alien' sightings here on earth can sometimes be little more than epileptic auras. Although, I swear blind that they are here, but the doctor knows that I am distressed by their presence. Or something like that.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
How does believing in creatures other than ourselves and all the animals and plants, living far out in space brand someone 'mentally ill'?

What evidence do you have for God then? Secret government documents? Radar signals? Videos? photographs? Scientific studies?

Please, show us all.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing

Now, that's not mental illness talking - it's from an avid reader with a keenness for learning the truth.

It's faith talking. There is no cold hard evidence on public display proving aliens exist. Testimonies are not evidence. Religions have countless testimonies also. religions are created from testimonies and followed by faith.

Also 'evidence' can be different things to different people. One person thinks it is evidence of aliens and another person believes it is evidence of mental illness.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by probedbygrays]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Okay... first of all even if there is no proof that aliens exist there are so many government conspiracies and yes there was an alien craft which was brought back and I'd say that was irrefutable evidence that alien craft exist.

There have been rumors of these "visiters", but saying that there is no sign that they exist is a misleading questioned comment. I personally believe that aliens could exist in the form of visiters but there is lack of proof other than a testimony and there is no fundementally sound evidence that they exist.

Some people may have videotapes of a craft or of an extraterrestrial being but the chances of them seeing this type of thing is next to improbable.

In otherwords... I dont believe in the theme of "god" either. If I had to I would say that he may or may not exist, but I read about it anyways just because I need to know how to not offend people of other religions (basically I read about the religion but I dont believe in it).

In actuality... aliens theoretically do exist and the U.S. government claims to have come into contact with these ones.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   

There is still no evidence of aliens ever existing in world history. Believers in aliens tend to take Life all on the technological side. Believers in God take Life on the Spiritual side. Believers in aliens need to find peace that can only come from God.

Let me get this straight people who beleive in aliens are schizophrenic because there is no proof ?. Hmmmmm i hate to be the one the tells you this but theres no proof that your god exists, does that make you schizophrenic ?.

I honesty feel sorry for people like yourself, its like being in a mental prison.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

All of your points are well-taken. I finally made the effort to get a clear definition of alien and found that the Webster's Dictionary defines it as "a creature from outerspace." This is a very broad definition, especially for the Spiritual who believe in an Afterlife. Heaven and Hell can be considered in outerspace and so all beings (God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, Angels, Satan, Demons...) from there could loosely be called aliens as could beings that go there. Of course, the word aliens has so been misused that it might not be considered a Sacred word and should only be carefully applied especially with respect to God.

>__________________>
That's the most basic definition of an alien. Most people who believe in aliens dont go around believing in aliens just because they do these people typically have seen something that makes them believe. They go like "I'll make them believe in aliens".

So, and also-- aliens fundementally exist-- but the gov't doesnt want to show off their alien technology-- area 51 is rumored to have lots of this

Try chceking out project blue book (I saw a documentary about it on TV and it says a lot about how they classify UFO's).

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
Well, hes going straight to my ignore list.

Hes a troll.

Sadly these types suck up energy and effort from us that could be used more constructively to learn in a group environment.

Lately, I disagree with the notion that the debunkers are productive in any way and I would like to see some debate on that in its own threads actually.

They do not offer constructive dialogue and I argue that they do not even encourage posting a lot of times. Their main reason for existance is obviously to shut down debate on certain topics so that LEARNING CANNOT TAKE PLACE.

That is not helping learning nor encouraging intelligent discussion, it is only aiding the enemies of everything this place should be about I think.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
If god created the universe, why would he only put life on this planet alone?????
This would make most of the universe a complete waste of space!!

To say that that all alien believers are schizophrenic is being completely close minded!!! To deny the possibility that there is life elsewhere and that we are the only life in the universe is ridiculous.

If you think logically, the possibilites are infinite!!

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
Most people who believe in aliens dont go around believing in aliens just because they do these people typically have seen something that makes them believe. They go like "I'll make them believe in aliens".

I've never seen an alien. But there are enough people out there with detail-corroborating testimonies to confirm to me that we are definitely dealing with something that points to a non-human intelligence. The #1 theory is that these entities are from outer-space. But I have yet to see any hard evidence that this is true. I think it is just as likely, indeed more likely, that these entities (and their craft) are earth-bound and only pretend to arrive from and depart to another planet so that not too many suspicions are raised. I think another theory would be that they're from another dimension and these craft are somehow able to allow them to slip in and out of different dimensions of time and space. They might have cloaking-tech but I also think when they disappear, often times it's because they've travelled to another dimension and are no longer in this 'reality' as it were.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join