It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Believers in Aliens Schizophrenic?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There is still no evidence of aliens ever existing in world history. Believers in aliens tend to take Life all on the technological side. Believers in God take Life on the Spiritual side. Believers in aliens need to find peace that can only come from God.

All prayers for schizophrenics and the mentally ill!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
There is still no evidence of aliens ever existing in world history. Believers in aliens tend to take Life all on the technological side. Believers in God take Life on the Spiritual side. Believers in aliens need to find peace that can only come from God.

First of all, the assumption on your part that there is no evidence of aliens ever exisiting is in the eye of the beholder. Skeptics of alien existance will never believe that there is proof. There is evidence all around that aliens exist, it just gets pushed aside by the skeptics because of their fear that they believed in something (God) that never existed. That my friend is the reason the govt will continue the coverup.

So keep pushing aside the evidence and ponder this. You cant see wind, so does that mean it doesnt exist?

What if God is an alien?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I hate to be the one to tell you, but God does not exist. Contemporary religions are publicly accepted mental illnesses.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I hate to be the one to tell you, but God does not exist. Contemporary religions are publicly accepted mental illnesses.

Since when has that been publicly accepted then? If it's just a mental illness, thats quite bad as apparently 90% or so of the human race has this "Illness".

Also, you say "Contemporary". Does this mean that some older religions are true then?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Okay so you expressed your opinion now and we have read it.

Why are you here on this forum?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thank God you figured it out, man!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

GreatTech, I have had a similar thread and been hammered quite a bit on it, my thread however, was simply looking for the reasons why people believe what they believe regarding aliens/reptillians/etc...
Your quote though, stated above, will do nothing but add negative feedback to you!I am a devout believer in God as well, and am open to the idea of God creating whatever God wants to create. Maybe it is aliens as we call them, maybe not...I have no proof one way or the other. I am a proponent of peace in all situations, if possible, and think it unfair/unwise to label somebody for their beliefs as, "schizophrenics and mentally ill."
I think it absurd that God be an "alien", but you know what, maybe that is just a term that others are more comfortable with, so be it......not my job to convince anybody of anything, just mention where I stand if they want to talk about it!
That said, just have fun with the site here, good luck, and peace, Mondogiwa

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
GreatTech, you have a habit of inserting specific, scientific information into your threads that you don't seem to understand in the first place. For example, I'm quite sure you don't even know what schizophrenia is, the same way you didn't know the meaning of the speed of light in that other thread.

May I recomend that you

1. Learn what schizophrenia is
2. Understand why people believe in aliens (actually research the subject)
3. Find one person who believes in aliens, and isn't schizo.
4. Stop using scientific terms unless you know what they actually mean.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hold up here, buddy. I believe in spirituality. I believe in God. But I also believe in aliens. I believe in UFOs. I use spirituality to sometimes be technological. I'm not a schizophrenic, nor mentally ill. And to tell you the truth, from what I know and have read, there's more scientific proof of aliens than there is of God, though I believe in both.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Thank you all for your comments. I am sorry that I offended many (I did not intend to). I care deeply about all the physically and mentally ill (we all are at least a little ill some of the time).

All of your points are well-taken. I finally made the effort to get a clear definition of alien and found that the Webster's Dictionary defines it as "a creature from outerspace." This is a very broad definition, especially for the Spiritual who believe in an Afterlife. Heaven and Hell can be considered in outerspace and so all beings (God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, Angels, Satan, Demons...) from there could loosely be called aliens as could beings that go there. Of course, the word aliens has so been misused that it might not be considered a Sacred word and should only be carefully applied especially with respect to God. For me, thinking of a concept of outerspace has stimulated my thoughts of Heaven and Hell and given me new Spiritual insight. Thank you all for your input.

Who has the best definition of alien (from outerspace)?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I read your post, and yeah I was offended at first... but I am not anymore. Yeah... okay I am not mentally ill and I do believe in aliens and I am not a schizoprenic and I was offended by the general statement that you made. The definition for an alien you put up is very basic. That means that you didnt do enough of your research and no offense I dont know WTF you're talking about when you say that you believe in religion when you dont believe in aliens.

Aliens are a theory... the gov't likes to cover up alien researches... but I have seen positive proof of ufo's however I have yet to see an undoctored peace of document that explains what they are.

If you want more proof that aliens exist, and that the gov't is trying to cover it up, and that we arent schizoprenic, you should check out Project disclosure, or project blue book.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
yeah your blanket statement was bizarre to say the least, but as long as you learn from your mistake's you'll be ok

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's kinda refreshing to hear technology buffs being called crazy, because usually it is they who are calling the spiritually minded people crazy. Web boards can basically be defined as places where people with different opinions and perspectives call each other crazy and get away with it

I think all people are a little crazy, except the rich. When you're rich you are eccentric, but if you're poor you are just plain crazy.

I was intensely following spiritual matters and experiencing some incredible spiritual phenomenon when the aliens turned up and showed me how they had created all the spiritual stuff from behind the scenes. They showed me how they control the world by creating religions. They told me I must never upset religions with the knowledge they were about to give me.

So I'm considered crazy by the technology buffs and the spiritual buffs.

I wouldn't change that for the world however.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   
now that was crazy, yeah sure "wink" they gave you knowledge, of course you've provided zero evidence like usual, at least ufo's and alien's exist and the evidence for that is people come to the alien forum and so why would they come to a place to talk about something that doesn't exist? and if they come to change people's mind it isn't going to happen so why even try? and also the vast amount of gov't witnesses and not just from the u.s. but from foreign gov't's as well prove that this subject is real, so where are your witnesses?

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

There is still no evidence of aliens ever existing in world history.

although we often get along, and i enjoy many of your posts GreatTech, i will humbly have to disagree with you on this one, considering the testimonials of world leaders, astronauts, and a slew of other professions. i believe there is more than sufficient evidence that we are not alone, and they have been here.
All ancient cultures from all around the world knew about language, math, astronomy/astrology, and sciences as well as other proffesions from the God's that came down from the heavens (the sky). And if we are to disregard their testimonials because they lived so long ago, then we also need to disregard everything that makes humanity civilized and all school subjects as well, as we obviously inherited them from inherently stupid pre-historical humanity.

Believers in aliens tend to take Life all on the technological side. Believers in God take Life on the Spiritual side. Believers in aliens need to find peace that can only come from God.

One hell of a selfish God to only share the truth of God's wisdom with us.
If we are the only one's with the true message of God, then we are most assuredly failing God in our mission. We should be out spreading the word throughout the 200,000,000 solar systems in our own galaxy and then be onto the next galaxy as fast as we can!!!!

What are schitzophrenics other than people with multi-tasking minds?

If psychologist tells someone they are insane (which means to be within one's own mind), then doesn't the psychologist need to be inside the other person's mind to observe that they are in their own mind? And if a psychologist is in another person's mind to judge them as being insane. .. isn't the psychologist Out Of Their Mind?????

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   

According to who? you and your faulty opinion?

I love to be the one to tell you God does exist, just as much as aliens do!!!

Furthermore, those of faith (they all have a piece of the puzzle) do know you better than you know yourself, because people who believe in God believe in TRUTH:

here is an example of how Christians know your thought processes better than you do:

instead of choosing to love the truth first Or obey the first commandment, here are your first 6 loves:

1) Fear. this is merely a byproduct of your dna that says: "self before i serve", a.k.a. "self preservation", also known as "survive".

2) Food. you needed this for cellular replication in the womb.

3) Family. they nurished and protected you, and helped hide your fears from you.

4) Friends. you wanted to be accepted and belong.

5) Fornication. you were curious about a thing called "Love", and explored the physical manifestation of an etherial concept.

6) Finances. this provided you a means to gather more of your last 4 loves, and helped hide you from your first love of fear.

your 6 loves chosen prior to loving YOUR OWN TRUTH were:
Fear, Food, Family, Friends, Fornication, & Finances.

6 choices you made to love 6 things that all begin with the 6th letter of your "ALL FIB BET".

so, instead of loving the truth, you have chosen to love: 666.

So, look at you now. another shining example of yet another lying antichrist.
perhaps you should spend som more time in Below Top Secret in order to know more about the truth, rather than spending time up here in Above Top Secret telling people lies.

And, yes!!!!! you were fore-warned a couple thousand years ago. Sorry if you thought we were lying to you. But, if you weren't so busy lying to yourself, perhaps you would have found the time to hear the words of GOD?

Well for the concept of God (which in your opinion does not exist) it would seem that your love for 666 is more of a publicly accepted mental illness since it obviously blinds you from the TRUTH.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by trewth
now that was crazy, yeah sure "wink" they gave you knowledge...

That's amazing. I get called crazy on this thread too! How cool is that.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:16 AM
link   
i said it's crazy that you've been given knowlede by alien's but not being able to share it with the rest of us is crazy not you because i don't know you as person

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Is the original poster, Great Tech, schizophrenic?

It's at least as meaningful a question as the sweeping and wholly inaccurate generalisations contained in the original post of this thread.

Every single thread that I've seen started by this poster derives from a belief in an invisible boogeyman who doesn't exist.

And I can say this because no-one can offer proof of the existence of God. If there had been incontrovertible proof, then case closed. But there hasn't. So we have an argument between people who believe in TRUTH and people like me who don't think either God or TRUTH actually exist - all there is is opinion and allegation, and it's up to each of us to make sense of the narrative of our lives and to employ belief systems which we find to be helpful in our journey. To denigrate other people's beliefs, to call them schizophrenic, is insulting and pathetic.

It is however, logical, rather than pathological, to suppose that life exists throughout the universe, and indeed I would argue that there is a perceptible historical trend that corresponds to a maturing of human opinions on the subject.

We start with a truly infantile belief: that there is a big daddy in the sky and that he made us in his own image. The earth is the centre of the universe and everything revolves round it, including the so-called "fixed stars". These beliefs last until around the 15th century.

Gradually, empirical observation forces people away from this childish belief system, although, as an example of the wonderful influence religion has on humanity, Galileo was tortured by the Catholic church for stating his belief that the earth moves round the sun, rather than vice versa. Way to go, religious zealots!

Still, even into the late 20th century, the presumption remains that we are exceptional and alone in the universe, even though this conflicts with the scientific assumption that the laws of physical science are universal - that for them to have any validity, they must obtain throughout the visible universe. The burden of proof is on those who say that there is life elsewhere, even though if life has arisen here, for the rest of the universe to be barren, physical laws in our little corner must be somewhat exceptional. This is, at least, a step up from infantile, but is still a rather adolescent attitude.

I would argue that maturity and accuracy of a given perspective is inversely proportional to its anthropocentricity, and that the history of continuing scientific discovery will bear out this assertion. The "big daddy in the sky who made us in his own image" is about as anthropocentric as you can get, and hence the most immature and inaccurate perspective.

At the present time, some of us consider that, logically, there must be life elsewhere, and that it is likely that some life forms are more technologically advanced. If this is a schizophrenic belief, please try to demonstrate how, but without reference to your man in the sky, please, for whom there is no evidence other than legend.

If Great Tech can come to this forum and say that there is no evidence that aliens exist, he or she is remarkably immune to the thousands of posts, links, photographs and testimony that this board hosts. You may dispute this evidence or what it might mean, but it is definitely THERE.

But that's the problem with faith: you can invest so much in faith that it can cause you to disregard anything that conflicts with that belief.

For example, the Dogon tribe had knowledge of the disposition of planets and their satellites in our solar system that is simply impossible without contact with an alien civilisation. Without telescopes or any other technology, they (way ahead of 16th century Europe) knew that the Earth goes round the sun, not vice versa; that Saturn has rings; and that Jupiter has four large satellites. This is evidence that their legend, that they were visited by people from Sirius (about which they also know things that we've only recently, within the last twenty years, discovered ourselves), is true.

I'm with George Carlin: if I need a deity to worship, I'll worship the sun, which at least I can see, and I know provides us with the necessities of life. And if I need a deity to pray to for intercession, I'll pray to Joe Pesci: my prayers are about as likely to get answered, and he at least looks like someone who can get things done.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   

This leads me to believe that you feel we are alone in this universe. Why was all of this uninhabited empty space created then? We don't need it, all we need is earth. Wait, you don't still believe that the earth is the center of the universe right? I'm a believer in life other than us, and I am also connected with god. How can that be? I must be just a schizophrenic who imagines god up. I'm so mentally ill that It's a miracle i could even type this response. Oh no, heres ssdfjfn nvchhc skkk alienslkfj dkfhfhhfh godjkjdflahdnvnn spacenvnvn.

edit: I'm sorry people, i had to get back on and say that I don't know how much longer i'm gonna last. They're after me, i don't know who, but I'm so schizophrenic that surely someone must be after me. Oh, what is that, a polka dot elephant?

[edit on 11/11/2006 by 7Pan7cho7]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join