It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian artifacts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Evilbat:

'Passing down' is one of the largest traditions among native americans. Your grandmother WOULD NOT have told you that... ever, Im sorry. More likely she WASNT native american and had nothing to tell. Thats where I'd place my money. These days, everyone you meet is 'Indian'!.

Havent gotten that one figured out yet. Why people do that?

Others:

I love the stories about how their great grandmother was a Cherokee princess and life around the Tipis back then. As I intently listen and let them finish, I whiper in their ear....

'Hun, you must have been from the oddest Cherokee clan known to man because we never had either... no princess (not even the chiefs daughter and no tipis).

Not a part of the Cherokee way of life. We live in cabins of log or rocks. Rocks if available like in the older days when the choice was rock or tipi. All 7 of the Cherokee tribes NEVER used a tipi. Neither of the seven tribes ever had a princess.

We are a humble tribe. Only naming the Chief and Medicine man. All others are family and just as powerful. WE are ONE. No jealousy, ego or hate. We know not of that because materials mean nothing to us. Only materials bring jealousy, ego and hate. The world we live in today.

Thats what Native Americans do, we pass things down. Be in clothing, food, love or a book and ESPECIALLY a language.

How much did your history book teach you about Native Americans? She would have NEVER left it to the board of education to inform you of your people. Not if she is a native american. No way. We allow our kids to go out in the world and learn, they report back as to what they have learned and its either corrected or praised. VERY close to our babies.

So, again I ask:

How much did your history book teach you about Native Americans?

All about how lovely it was, that 'Thanksgiving'. Though they tend to ALWAYS leave out the part where our women and children where raped, stolen for slavery and killed after we plumped their bellys up. Thats nowhere in text books. I've looked.

They leave that part out. We dont leave it OUT or up to to anyone to teach our kids our traditions. If we did, we would all be believed to be a lost civilizations. Most think we are all dead by now... literally. That use to scare me when I was a little girl and I would ask granny 'am I gonna die because Im cherokee'? WE are STILL ALIVE. Powwows all yr. We will never die, nor will our language and traditions. Too much pride at stake there.

So in my native language:

Ah tah ki brothers and sisters ( I love you) and have a great day!

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Little One]

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Little One

I love the stories about how their great grandmother was a Cherokee princess and life around the Tipis back then. As I intently listen and let them finish, I whiper in their ear....

'Hun, you must have been from the oddest Cherokee clan known to man because we never had either... no princess (not even the chiefs daughter and no tipis).

[edit on 17-11-2006 by Little One]

That's funny Little One. Even I know that Cherokees did not live in tipis.

Well said in the rest of your post. This thread is Lost and Ancient Civlizians. I agree that native american culture is not really "lost" but it certainly is "ancient".

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little One
The HUGE sharks tooth, I too found on the rez. I dont know how or why but it was there. It is SO BIG that it is larger than a mans hand. Makes a mans hand look small. HUGE! Amazing!

Looks like a tooth from a Carcharodon Megalodon, a pre-historical shark with a length of some 12m (40 feet).

I have also a Megalodon tooth, but its broken. I found it were I live, in Portugal, just some 10Km from the sea.

<< 1   >>

join