It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Religion Were You Born Into? Have You Changed Religions?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I was raised roman catholic and around age fifteen or so I began to think for myself. I reexamined my christian faith with an open mind, not an atheist mindset and not christian mindset but in the middle somewhere so I had a truely open mind that was not decided. Upon examination of the bible I found it to be ridiculous if not offensively racist and intolerant. needless to say I was an atheist from then on.

[edit on 2-12-2006 by daedalas]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I was born into a Muslim family although neither of my parents were very religious until my late teens (my mother began faithfully practicing, my father still doesn't practice at all really lol)

It was never pushed onto any of us children and we were brought up as Aussies with no influence of the homeland and how traditional and religious customs are practiced in the ME. Which is the main reason they moved to Australia to raise their family. They wanted us to have the opportunities they never had although we were well educated on it all just never forced into it.

I can't say I practice any religion right now per se and neither does my husband.

I don't believe in living my life by a book but I believe in God. I don't really care to label it but is there such a term for this ?

[edit on 2-12-2006 by ImJaded]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Born into a Christian family, never believed a word about God and have been an atheist as long as I can remember.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Born and raised Pagan.
Formed an opinion of my own which makes more sense then any religion.
Decided I dont like religion very much.
Became agnostic.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by daedalas
I was raised roman catholic and around age fifteen or so I began to think for myself. I reexamined my christian faith with an open mind, not an atheist mindset and not christian mindset but in the middle somewhere so I had a truely open mind that was not decided. Upon examination of the bible I found it to be ridiculous if not offensively racist and intolerant. needless to say I was an atheist from then on.
[edit on 2-12-2006 by daedalas]

wow, when i read this i realized that i wasn't the only 1 who has gone through such a spiritual experience

almost exactly like mine

posted on Dec, 3 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
My mother was Church of England and quite devout, whereas my father came from a Methodist family, but didn't believe a word of it. 25 years in the British Army cemented his views.

Myself and my siblings never had religion forced on us, we weren't even christened. My parents said it was out choice.

Guess what I chose?

I suppose you could call me Atheist, as I do not practice any religion. Religion is a tool for control anyway.

"God" can kiss my hairy white arse if he thinks I am going into a cold, damp church to listen to some old bloke drivel on about rehashed and unoriginal stories lifted from other religions. Yes indeed, the bible is not the word of God, but plagiarism of the highest form!

If there is a God, then I'll deal with that when the time arises. I'd have a few things to say to him as well, as he has seriously bodged up something somewhere and personally, if he was so bloody omnipotent and perfect, he could have done a better job.

If it was his intention to create such a hellhole to stick his children, then he isn't worth the time of day and I will direct him to said hairy arse cheeks, before swanning off out of the Pearly Gates to have my own fun.

If he banishes me to hell, then so what? firstly, I am dead, so what's the worse that can happen anyway. Secondly, if it's full of sinners, people who enjoy sinning and run by a fallen Angel who is the chief sinner, then it sounds rather fun.....

If not, then what do I lose? I have certain beliefs, but nothing that would come under the definiton of religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join