It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Teenagers Watch as Americans Bleed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Some democracy......

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - If Washington doubts there is Iraqi public support for guerrillas killing its troops, it should consider the teenagers who happily watched American blood spill on Wednesday.

"This is good. If they ask me, I will join the resistance. The Americans have to die," said Ali Qais, 15. "They are just here to steal our oil."

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20031112/wl_nm/iraq_guerrillas_dc_1

What's that David Bowie song???

I'm afraid of Americans
I'm afraid of the world
I'm afraid I can't help it
I'm afraid I can't

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I for one say "fine, # 'em...let's leave...and if another Saddam-like ass takes power, we'll come back, and leave our precision munitions at home, and just bring the big #!"

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) � U.S. troops opened fire on a truck carrying live chickens near the tense town of Fallujah, killing five civilians aboard the vehicle, including a father and his two sons, relatives said today.
"They went to bring chickens ... and they came back at 9 or 10 at night," said Khalid Khalifa al-Jumaily, whose two nephews were killed on the truck. "The Americans fired on them."

im not suprised some people dont like the americans there.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) � U.S. troops opened fire on a truck carrying live chickens near the tense town of Fallujah, killing five civilians aboard the vehicle, including a father and his two sons, relatives said today.
"They went to bring chickens ... and they came back at 9 or 10 at night," said Khalid Khalifa al-Jumaily, whose two nephews were killed on the truck. "The Americans fired on them."

im not suprised some people dont like the americans there.

I'm afraid of Americans
I'm afraid of the world
I'm afraid I can't help it
I'm afraid I can't....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
oh wait heres another one...

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) U.S. troops opened fire accidently on a car carrying a member of the Iraqi Governing Council, the Iraqi administration said Wednesday. The council member escaped injury but the driver was hurt.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
well let's see... how many americans have been killed or injured in Iraq ?

I would open fire on every Iraqi in sight if I was there..

let's bring our troops home and Nuke'em...

we could call it Lake America - formerly known as Iraq !!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

are you serious??thats disgusting....and i am afraid that you are a moron!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
sirCyco
you certainly are entitled to your opinion, as am I.

Moron.. I've been called worse by people better than you.

that's just the way I see it. Yes, a lot of people in Iraq want our help, but for those who don't.. forget 'em, kill them all..

I'm just tired of reading the paper everyday and watching the news and more and more of our boys being killed and injured.

I know that this is war and there are going to be deaths... but how much is enough.... I'm not convinced that we really need to be there anyway!

so this Moron might be wrong in thinking that the "kill'em all" mentality is the right thing... but it's my opinion and I'm sticking to it..

Oh, one more point, before any other "morons" want to bring this up... Yes, I did serve my country
Navy Vet here... no thanks needed !!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   

sirCyco

Moron.. I've been called worse by people better than you.

thats not realy saying a whole lot

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
sirCyco

that's saying that I can take being called a name, I'm a big boy and won't run away crying with my feelings hurt...

so we agree to disagree, that's fine by me ..

Good luck to you and may god bless

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
[Edited on 11-13-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   

you have the nerve to say god bless after you willing would want to nuke an entire counrty??? remember [as i have heard so much]this is the war on terrorism not the war on iraq so nukking the whole country realy would not be warrented unless everysingle person in iraq could be assumed to be a terrorist

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   
YES.. may god bless you your family and all Americans... and good people of the world,

the rest who hate americans and what we stand for can just ... go away.

I'm not going to argue about it, which I believe is what you're looking for...

take care

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Seems to be a case of.... :bnghd:

In any case, it's just that many Americans are sick and tired of seeing the people we help spit in our faces... Sure, one could argue that we aren't "helping" the Iraqis, but ourselves, but this isn't really true. Anyone (and that's most Iraqis) who knew of Saddam's, and his son's actions, wanted him gone. We did so, in one of the most surgical wars in history, yet because everything is a little slow in coming back online....they want to keep startin' #... Yeah, I can understand that kind of frustration...

One of the key arguements against us leaving is "but then another tyrant will assume control..." You know what? I don't give a damn. If they allow another tyrant to seize power, and dip them in acid baths...then by all means, more power to 'em.... I say leave, and let them figure out for themselves how to rule their little sandbox... And if and when (and it will) the sand starts spilling over...we'll just go back and dump out all the sand again...and this time, we'll use buckets instead of a bunch of little shovels....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
oh i whole wholeheartedly agree our troops should not be over there but looking at history we knew that these muslim counties hate us and would not want on there soil...i dont remember seeing any iraqis bitchin awhole lot about saddam[although i know that they may not have been allowed]but our whole premise for being there was supposed to be WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION from what i remember from all the b.s. propaganga thrown out from the white house...so whether or not we have support from their citizens shouldnt realy matter if we only INVADED thier country out of fear [?] of W.M.D.oh yeah and because thats where all osamas guys are at right?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Seems to be a case of.... :bnghd:

One of the key arguements against us leaving is "but then another tyrant will assume control..." You know what? I don't give a damn.

yeah i agree...i never did realy care much...so we should have never gone thier in the first place.....we are just getting what we asked for

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh, they bitched about Saddam alright... Those that escaped anyways.... Believe me, I know quite a few Iraqis... However, we've gotten rid of him, and given them a chance at something new and better. They don't seem to want us sticking around while that's being put in place... They seem to think they can do it on their own.

My point is, we should say fine. But guess what. You yahoos let this crap happen again (someone like Saddam), and next time we roll in here, we're not going to bother aiming....we're just gonna roll over it all and not give you the chance to take peace-time pot-shots at us this time.... Just so we understand each other....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

and next time we roll in here, we're not going to bother aiming....

you just cant do this kind of stuff.....it realy makes us evil....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
because the way some of you are talkin it sounds like your not much of a humanitarian

My Lai Massacre
The phrase "search and destroy" has taken on a sort of pop-culture currency in recent years, but in Vietnam circa 1968, it was anything but a glib cliche.
But when the order was issued outside a small village in Southern Vietnam widely called "My Lai" (its actual name is "Son My") on March 16, 1968, the result was a lot of "destroy" and very little "search." The resulting massacres represents one of the low points in American history.Even with the ultraviolent and paranoid atmosphere of combat in Vietnam, one would think that after killing a couple dozen unarmed civilians with no resistance, the company might have stopped to re-evaluate its strategy of killing everyone that moved. Didn't happen.Men, women and children, including babies, were killed in the carnage that followed. Praying children were shot in the back of the head, elderly men were hacked to death with bayonets. People were shot on their knees, in the back, with their hands in the air. More than 500 people were killed in just hours. Some of the corpses were mutilated. Some women who weren't killed were gang-raped. Other villagers were beaten and tortured. And evidence of the carnage was recorded on film by an Army photographer accompanying the unit named Ron Haeberle.

kill them all huh?no need to aim right?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
there is alot more too....pictures aswell...just because the civilians dont support you and they real enemy uses them to hide...and you get frustrated,gives you no right to start killing anybody except actual enemy combatants.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join