It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Aliens could attack at any time' warns former MoD chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

UFO sightings and alien visitors tend to be solely the reserve of sci-fi movies.

So when a former MoD chief warns that the country could be attacked by extraterrestrials at any time, you may be forgiven for feeling a little alarmed.

During his time as head of the Ministry of Defence UFO project, Nick Pope was persuaded into believing that other lifeforms may visit Earth and, more specifically, Britain.

His concern is that "highly credible" sightings are simply dismissed.

And he complains that the project he once ran is now "virtually closed" down, leaving the country "wide open" to aliens.

Mr Pope decided to speak out about his worries after resigning from his post at the Directorate of Defence Security at the MoD this week.

"The consequences of getting this one wrong could be huge," he said.

Source

Wow, I know we've had former government employess claiming UFOs and aliens exist, and have stated they have seen proof. This was mostly done this under the cloak of anonymity. What we have here is a known source, who actually quit his job with the British MoD and is clearly stating why. While he states that an invasion is not forthcoming, he makes some good points. I hope that people will pay attention to this.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by stealthyone]

sty

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
any link to this info?it would be apreciated!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I created aATSNN onthis already...here is the link to the story...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
well it said to me that there's no evidence of hostility by the alien's but that he isn't going to rule it out, but i think the most important point is that he is a gov't insider who is telling us that britain has a mod office that actually studies ufo report's, yet another gov't telling the world that ufo's are not a hoax

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I went and read the article. It clearly shows that this man has an agenda for saying these things. He has written sci-fi books and the like. I think he's just trying to get his name some press so he can sell some books and become more famous. This reeks of a publicity stunt to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
well to me the question is was he the mod chief or not? if he was why would he say such thing's? i don't think it's to sell book's because no one has to by them and probably won't buy them anyway

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Nick Pope for the most part towed the government line on the subject despite talking about it from time to time. I don't trust him for a minute and even here, this latest information isn't anything new. He's just airing his fears on the subject.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Totally agree Frith.

Pope is in no way the MoD "chief" but the friendly face of the government line on UFOs. If he really had real access to the stuff they don't want you to know, you'd never have heard of him because he wouldn't have been the spokesperson.

Chaz.

new topics

top topics

join