It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ritual who is in control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
When you are asked what you most desire than what happens? Can a layman experience it? Does every lodge know how to provoke the sight of light?

Do you feel that the ritual is as effective in Okenfolk Maine's lodge as it is say (censored) Virgina's lodge?

In darkness and in light only some have seen this light within and without.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A laymen can experience it, and in truth most are laymen the first time they experience any sort of spiritual awakening.

As for what any lodge is capable of, it depends on the folks within a lodge.. as with all ritualists. Often the person who is running the ritual, regardless of what that person might be known as in their respective order, is capable of helping each other person involved tap into their spiritual reserves, this is part of the reason why that person if running the ritual.. sometimes a good ritual leader can inspire the release of spiritual energy from those who have no previous experience at all simply be his own natural presence.

As for the location and the effectiveness of the ritual, there are places on the earth that have a stronger magnetic output, they are called many things, (Nodes, nexus points, ley line points.. etc) and are often places of spiritual significance.. and often considered sacred by the locals (indian burial grounds, the ancient temples of pagan europe.. even stonehenge). these places are often the best place for a ritual, though in truth the ritual is more about the people then the place.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
From this post, I am to understand that in the Masonic ritual when the candidate is asked what he desires most, and responds further light. That this is supposed to cause some spiritual awakening??

I thought the spiritual awakening came from when you practiced Freemasonry in your everyday life, just living as a moral human being.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rotarychris7
I thought the spiritual awakening came from when you practiced Freemasonry in your everyday life, just living as a moral human being.

Ritual actually can cause one's Essence to Awaken, if done Consciously.

But yes, you are correct.

How to Make Light Within

"Moses says in The Genesis: "Let there be light: and there was light." This is not something related to a remote past, no. This tremendous principle does not change through time; it is as eternal as eternity, it is a tremendous reality that exists from instant to instant, from moment to moment.

"Let us remember Goethe, the great German initiate, his last words moments before his death were "Light, more light."

Regards

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu

Originally posted by rotarychris7

Ritual actually can cause one's Essence to Awaken, if done Consciously.

But yes, you are correct.

How to Make Light Within

"Moses says in The Genesis: "Let there be light: and there was light." This is not something related to a remote past, no. This tremendous principle does not change through time; it is as eternal as eternity, it is a tremendous reality that exists from instant to instant, from moment to moment.

"Let us remember Goethe, the great German initiate, his last words moments before his death were "Light, more light."

Regards

[edit on 14-11-2006 by Tamahu]

So it is kind of like Alan Watts description of samadhi? That illumination occurs at once but is actually the result of long work? I consider any awakening to be a form of brain change, and I can see where the ritual would be a "potentiator"

top topics

join