It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government awards hydrogen engine contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Finally some movement to produce Hydrogen engines to get away from Oil!!!

I really hope the Dems make some things happen on research and development of Oil replacement techknowlogies.

Anyway once governemnt money starts flowing perhaps we can stop being slave to oil nations wims.

External Source

I would pay more for fuel just so we can leave oil behind.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Xeven]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Great!!

They really should do an X-Prize type competion for it too.

I really hope to see this tech be common place in my lifetime, that or transporters

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven

I really hope the Dems make some things happen on research and development of Oil replacement techknowlogies.

i've been tracking a syngas producer for ~2 years now.

www.syngasinternational.com...
symbol: SYNI.BB ( its a 'penny stock', so its risky)

-> they were awarded 2 multi-million $$ contracts by the gov't last year,
but i'm looking for the new democrat agendas to ramp up alternative fuel
studies, production, delivery infrastructure
(moreso than the GOP model; awarding no-bid contracts to mega-Oil Corp's
+ legislating tax breaks for the same mega-Oil Corp's,
->as has been happening for the last 6 years, at an outrageous pace)

Xeven your link spoke of these engines for 2 wheeled vehicles and 3 wheeled taxis, that info seems to indicate that the ultimate focus for these revamped motors would be the streets of Bombay, Calcutta, Bei Jing,
= as India & China have a slew of motor-bikes and 3-wheeled taxis already
& more same such transportation will be needed as those populations grow their disposable income.

So, unless the western world & the USA is targeted to downsize their own transportation needs from SUVs & retro muscle cars to motor bikes & 3-wheel taxis,
I do not see this announcement as affecting the way we live & our lifestyles,
I only see the project as an venture capitalist tool, so the rich can develop & ramp up hydrogen powered motorbikes to the masses in India & China......

-->> !! thereby freeing up petroleum/oil for the western worlds consumption style.
and using those people as the test market until the bugs in the new system are ironed out....then, maybe retro-fit the American transportation system, to 'personal-sized' vehicles powered by syngas/hydrogen?!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
we make parts for the hydrogen cars at my work. they had an engine there at my work a couple of years ago, the mayor and govenor were there. the engine powered building one,,, on , yes water. it was in the chaska, minnesota paper. the engine runs on water. the name of the company is entegris. check it out . water engines,cool. also teslamotors.com runs electric motors that do 0---to 60 in 4 seconds and will do 130 miles an hour. the car weighs some 2100 pounds, most of the weight is the battery, which will go som 240 miles on one charge. the catch is only the rich can afford it or should i say rent it for 75000 or more. to spendy for me . check it out , im not trying to sell anything just look and you should be more knoweledgeable on the world around you.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The phrase "too little too late" springs to mind.

Car manufacturers should be made, through legislation, to invest more themselves into providing green transport; this should have been done 20 years ago. Global warming will take hold of the world within the next 15-20 years unless more is done to stop our emmisions. A car built today will easily last 15-20 years, meaning the owners of said car will do nothing until their own vehicle is broken beyond repair.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Car emissions only account for 1/3rd of all emissions. This focus on Cars is unhealthy as we are ignoring the polluters who emit the other 2/3rds. That's also ignoring all the other Oxides that we're pumping into the atmosphere...

Hydrogen is also a stupid solution for Cars. Electric Vehicles will always be much more efficient. I'm not really against larger scale H2 solutions on Transport Trucks and maybe even Cargo Ships...but cars? Phaw...

[edit on 10-11-2006 by sardion2000]

join