It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Code in the Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcoy
I just wanted to get a general feel of what people felt and knew about this, generally opinions are that the code is false.
so maybe I am stupid for bringing this to light but by asking questions stupid or not I hope to improve my knowledge and understanding of things.

Worry not, MCoy. As we used to say in the Army, the only dumb question is the one not asked. Always seek knowledge. Always seek wisdom.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
There was a quote from the movie Pi that fits this topic

"If you look for a pattern long enough in a set of data, eventually all you will see is that pattern"

If you look for something long enough your brain starts discarding things that dont support your theory or concept, no matter how valid they are.

You know, I think that bit needs to be engraved on something around here. Excellent analysis.

The Bible Code has been debunked many many times. One of the biggest arguments against it is that it shouldn't produce any MISinformation. But researchers have found a whole set of "lying codes" in the bible code, that say things like "god is dead" and "god is satan."

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hi all, new to the boards. Throwing my 2 cents in. I agree with what most people said. If you look long enough, you can see anything you want, I won't discount anything, but what I will be curious to see, is if this gas attack really does happen in 2004. If it does, then I might be a little bit on the freaked out side.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.biblecodedigest.com...

I believe in some of the text/code. I know they found similiar things in Moby Dick, but going by statistics, the number of "codes" in the Bible are way out of proportion.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Soothsayer... the Bible is saying a story which happened... why do you think we as mortals can make software which finds something that the almighty has hidden, while it's just a historical event.

Where do you see that the statistics are out of proportion? As far as I know it fits perfectly with other books.

I would suggest you buy that book and try it on a dictionary or something... I don't think you will be that sure afterwards...

You type in what you would like to find... and the software does find it... that's how computers work...

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
although the Bible code does tickle my fancy..... its just bits and pieces of the real thing made up by humans.... you can probably find code in Rush's book ( every 66th letter spells out the entire McDonalds menu and predicts all the happy meal toys) after all There is a whole faith based on an immaculate conception and a virgin mother when that was never transcribed properly and accurately thats why it was VOTED into the NEW T. by the Vatican...thats what happens when good things get into the wrong hands first.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
is most of it comes from the Old T. then why isnt it called The Torah Code? not too popular in america i guess

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Utterly ridiculous, wishful thinking! Furthermore, there's no possible way the same "code" would work in all languages it's been converted from/to. This is as pathetic as xians sitting around listening to Led Zeppelin albums backwards.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The Bible was written in Latin originally wasnt it? Taking a Latin class at school Latin like most other foreign languages can be interpreted and translated in many different ways. If there was a code is likely in the most original bible around, otherwise these predictions are of human invention.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
the only secret code i know of in the bible is the real way to live, but u need the WHOLE bible to find the real secrets

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
The Bible was written in Latin originally wasnt it? Taking a Latin class at school Latin like most other foreign languages can be interpreted and translated in many different ways. If there was a code is likely in the most original bible around, otherwise these predictions are of human invention.

The bible was originally written in Hebrew and Aramaic (Old Testiment) and Greek (New Testiment).

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The concept makes a lot of sense to me.

Since I believe the entire universe is mathematical anyways, everything can be reflected in numbers.

Since good or evil is in the intent, then it should manifest itself in all that is created.

Thus anything that is is part of the code and contains a 'signature' so to speak.

But one question remains in regards the bible and its long and storied history and that is how do we know we got the right coding?

Is this output a result of testing for any output that makes any coherent sense or more a practical theory?

Some have their own theories and some apply super computers running every permutation and combination they can come up with on the data inputed.

That is my only concern.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
stationcreation wasn't aramaic the language jesus and his desciples used? thus the new testament would be written in aramaic mostly? also about the language, the rewritten version released in about 200 ad was latin, but the original bible was like he said greek hebrew and aramaic
also the neo, if the universe is all numbers, do u believe in an in between?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Is this output a result of testing for any output that makes any coherent sense or more a practical theory?

Some have their own theories and some apply super computers running every permutation and combination they can come up with on the data inputed.

That is my only concern.

I watched a documentary on this. They choose a number and take every letter that falls on that number. It's about the weakest form of code ever invented. So, they choose, let's say 11, then take every 11th letter and see if it makes sense. Of course, most of it is pure gibberish. They find a few instances that actually spell a word (as would any book) and they make a big deal out of it. Then, they change the number and start all over finding every word that can be spelled with every 12th letter. It's random bull#, and hopeful thinking. They're probably on 100,000 by now.
I'll bet that one doesn't spell as many words.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have just finished reading the Bible Code II. Probably the most amazing thing about both books is the fact that they were written by a non-christian.

Get a copy of each of these books they are quite interesting.

Can anyone confirm a website that can prove to us that other books including Moby Dick have been put through the same computer program. Come on back up your claims or keep quiet.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
UK HORIZON Thursday 9:00

Documentory examining claims made by American journalist Michale Drosin that he has craked a code hidden in the Bilbe which allows him to predic the futeure

www.bbc.co.uk...

past episodes are on this site take a look might get more of a look in because of the number of replys but heres an update and its this thursday for people in the uk

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
LeenBekkemaa, I think your avatar/picture is too large, it's breaking the page.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
LeenBekkemaa, I think your avatar/picture is too large, it's breaking the page.

agree

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee
I have just finished reading the Bible Code II. Probably the most amazing thing about both books is the fact that they were written by a non-christian.

Get a copy of each of these books they are quite interesting.

Can anyone confirm a website that can prove to us that other books including Moby Dick have been put through the same computer program. Come on back up your claims or keep quiet.

Your first clue that it's BS should be that they're selling the book.
It's quite obvious to those who don't already really want to believe this, that it's rubbish.
Read this...
www.geocities.com...

A question I get a lot is "Is the Bible Code for real?" Well, that depends on what you mean by "real." It's a real book, and from what I understand it's made the author some real money. But whether there is actually a hidden code in the text of the Hebrew Bible that predicts events hundreds or thousands of years in advance is another matter.

They're really reaching. Here's one example of a "prophesy".

According to the book, this code predicts major events such as the assassination of Prime Minister Rabin and comet SL9's collision with Jupiter. But is a comet impacting Jupiter really a "major event?" If not for the telescope, we wouldn't even have known about it, and aside from arousing everyone's curiosity - including mine, I confess I watched it in fascination through my own telescope - it had no effect at all on life on Earth. Yet, Drosnin found it several times. Or did he?

On page 36 we see the phrase "will pound Jupiter." However, this code is supposed to be based on letter spacings, yet this phrase has an unexplained gap of 8 letters in it when the spacing is supposed to be 3 letters. Even more puzzling, "Jupiter" has an unexplained hyphen in it. Why?

Drosnin says again and again that the math is irrefutable. But it seems to require more than a little manipulation to make it so.

So, what kind of beer would Jesus drink?

[Edited on 11-18-2003 by Satyr]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join