It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2nd Most Politically Incorrect Post Ever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
After my last post here on PTS, I once again apologize in advance if I offend anyone.

Here are a couple more controversial issues that I would like to address.

Racial Profiling. I have to admit that I see nothing wrong with it. Now let me make it perfectly clear right now, that I am not speaking of harrassment. Profiling, and Harrassing are two different things. So let me go on the record as saying I am absolutely against harrassment.
Now back to the issue. Racial profiling. Yes I am an advocate of it. The math is actually quite simple in my opinion. Let me start off by speaking from personal experience. I am white, so white that albinos laugh at me. I am male. I was a teenager in the mid seventies to early eighties. I was what was referred to as white trash. My hair was long, my standard outfit was a thermal undershirt, with an unbuttoned flannel shirt over it, jeans, and engineer boots. More often than not, I reaked of, shall we say, natural smokable mind enhancers. I played my music too loud. Same with almost all of my friends at the time. I never looked for, or got into any real trouble. My biggest crime was the hell I put my parents through. We hung out at the local 7-11 and played pin ball, or practiced our rock band in Marks garage. Every time we would go anywhere, such as a store, we were watched, and/or followed. We knew it, and we knew why. Alot of people who looked and dressed like us were troublemakers. Shoplifters, random acts of sensless destruction, and so on. That is profiling. We were not like that at all. When you get right down to it, we were actually geeks, who would get high, and watch the 3 stooges, the Munsters, Mchales Navy, and a bunch of other shows that made us laugh in Marks living room. We would occassionaly be pulled over for no real reason. We knew that it was nonsense, but didn't really care about it 10 minutes after it happened. It was a couple minutes out of our lives. And again we knew why. We didn't call it profiling way back then. "Dude pulled us over 'cause of the way we look" was pretty much the way the conversation went.
Now I will use an example, for arguments sake in todays times, those who look of Arabic descent. A major portion of terror is planned and/or carried out by those who fall into this category. It's not my fault, I'm just pointing out the obvious. If these people are scrutinized a little bit more due to profiling, isn't it a potential safeguard? Again, I am not speaking of Harrassment - no way. There are so many other groups that we could discuss, and I apologize to our Arabic friends for singling them out in this thread, but I needed to use an example.
Yes I believe in profiling. In fact I think it should be used a little bit more than it already is. IMO, to call racial profiling a crime, is a crime in itself.

Gay Marriage. Why not? It's not my cup of tea, but who am I, or anybody else for that matter, to say that two people of the same sex cannot be married? Hey let them be as unhappy as all of us married hetero's! I bet that 99.9% of the people reading this thread know gay people. I know plenty of them. I have no idea what they do behind closed doors, and frankly I don't want to know. But everyone I know is a hard working, good citizen. My wife and I occassionaly go out to dinner with a gay couple. Two men. They are fun to hang out with, and act better together than most hetero couples. They've lived together in their house for many years. The only reason they are not officialy married is due to the fact that they are not allowed to be. It's ashame, it really is. Neither of them really complain about it, but I know that it hurts them both. I say let gay couples marry.

Abortion. Oh boy, I'm probably going to be so sorry I opened this can of worms, but I do speak my mind. I am pro choice. LET ME FINISH! Yes, I am pro choice. I do not agree with abortion, and have never been, nor will I ever be in a predicament to say "yep, let's get an abortion." We got pregnant, we had our children, and we weren't ready by any means, neither financially or mentally.
The taking of a life, and that is what it is - call it what you will, but it is absolutely the taking of a life, is just wrong.
There are circumstances where I may not agree, but do understand. Rape, incest, that type of thing. I understand why a woman would have no desire to carry the baby of the monster who raped her. It is not my place to tell a woman what she can/cannot do when faced with such a life altering dilemna.
How can this be regulated more? It's pretty easy to figure out those who use abortion as a means of birth control. Sterilize those who come in repeatedly? Kind of strong I know, but just asking a question.
I have another reason why I am pro choice. If abortion is outlawed, then you will have a scared young teen, dying in someones basement with a coat hanger hanging out of her because she did something stupid.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

new topics

join