It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introvert? Extrovert? How would you describe yourself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Do you enjoy being around and socializing with other people? Or do you find being a recluse as a preferable situation? That is, are you a social butterfly? Someone who enjoys being surrounded by other people all day or do you prefer the opposite? Would you rather "squirrel" yourself away? Would you prefer to be isolated, alone to interact with others only occasionally -- when necessary? Yes, there are extremes from being surrounded by people all day to being a hermit. The norm would, I suppose, lie somewhere in the middle.

If, however, you had to pick one == introvert or extrovert -- to describe yourself, which would it be?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
you had to pick one = introvert or extrovert -- to describe yourself, which would it be?

Neither. I'm moody.

I can't be bothered with the relatives and only socialize with them when i absolutely have to. I play the 'oh I'm interested' game with people that I have to talk with IRL (all the while being bored to death by their 'me me me' shallow chatter). But on the internet, when I'm 'around' others who share the same interests (ghosts, conspiracy, politics, etc.) ... I let loose - as you all know.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Honestly, im alot like FlyersFan, I usually end up just smileing and nodding my head at whoever is talkin unless its a good freind or really important. Other than that it depends on how I feel lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think having something in common seems to be the issue on this one, far as opening up and talking a lot or actually enjoying being around someone. If your saddled up beside someone all day working, if you don't share the same interests it makes for a pretty long day. I have seen people though who just thrive on non stop small talk all day long and never seem to meet a stranger. I'm not that person. I'd say I lean closer to being an introvert. Why do you ask?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm much too shy to say I'm one or the other.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm a definite introvert.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
Do you enjoy being around and socializing with other people?

Once upon a time I did.

Or do you find being a recluse as a preferable situation?

Yup.

Someone who enjoys being surrounded by other people all day

The smell would get to you wouldn't it?

or do you prefer the opposite?

No people....way cool.

Would you rather "squirrel" yourself away?

Yup.

Would you prefer to be isolated,

Yup.

alone

Yup.

to interact with others only occasionally -- when necessary?

Unfortunately, sometimes it is necessary.

If, however, you had to pick one == introvert or extrovert -- to describe yourself, which would it be?

Extroverted Introvert. Or Introverted Extrovert. I'm one of those.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
im an introvert all day every day. i've been one ever since i was little. i actually came up with an acronymn a few days ago for introverts/loners like me. i guess i'll go ahead and bust it out.

Loving, learning & leading
Oneself while never...
Needing help & remaining
Exclusive &
Reclusive

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I am an extrovert. I love being around people. I love conversation with family, friends and even strangers. I find that being with people might sometimes leave me feeling exhausted but, nevertheless, I also find that I "need" to be around people.

Yes, every so often, I sort of retreat to my den to have some "down time". At those times, I read, listen to music or I'll go on the pc and watch videos or some movie that I download. Before long, however, I feel that "need" to be around my friends to socialize, to talk, debate or to just "hang out".

Yeah, there are times I don't feel like going somewhere with others and at those times I do get the idea that I might be introverted but, ultimately, I realize that without other people.....I am alone. And while being alone might satisfy some deep rooted need to relax or to be introspective, all things considered, I love being with people.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am neither intro nor extro - I enjoy dark corners of the crawl space and enormous stadiums filled with all the people of the world! I like hot beverages, cold cereals, soft furry monkeys, and the sagas of the vikings! I do not categorize my behavior, thus my behavior is with out category! I can drink chocolate malts alone or with all the masons!

top topics

join