It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11/09/2006 | History Channel - Decoding The Past: Mayan Doomsday Prophecy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Incidentally, it isn't that the world will end, but that an era will end. The Maya called these eras 'worlds'. This particular era ending is (correct me if I'm wrong) the Fourth World.

I've read that the prophecy also states this:

On December 23, 2012 the Fifth Sun is going to come to an end.

What did they exactly say on the TV program about the Sun's end?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I found it interesting the ball game they played, where at center court on the walls lied the hoop/goals. It meant something like the ball was earth and goals represented the center of the galaxy/universe. It is kind of rare you'd think to be alive during the earth's crossing of the center of the galaxy. What would you think?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The ball represents the sun in the game. Interesting how the ball determines the fate of the players. One dies, one lives. The ball determines life or death. The sun determines life or death for the human race. Makes you re-think the saying, "The Fifth sun is going to come to an end December 21 or 23, 2012." This saying is the death dealing blow of the loser. Then there is the saying, "The end of the Fifth sun is going to bring a new age of enlightenment." This is the winner's side of the coin. The ball brings two fates with it. The losers are going to die and the winners are going to rejoice now that the losers are gone. Good verse Evil. Evil verses Good. Who knows whose evil and who knows whose good?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I always notice that when people speak of the great ancient civilizations, there is always something that can't be explained by modern thinking. Why do you think that is? I have seen shows on this topic before and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that in certain aspects, they were more advanced and in tune with what was going on around them than what we know or can comprehend. Their calendar is more precise than the one we use today yet we still use it. They built great cities yet (supposedly) had no concept of the wheel. They observed the stars and charted them with great precision without the use of telescopes. And then, they disappeared without a trace. When will we so-called modern humans realize that we have so much further to go in understanding the world around us and stop trying to fit everything into neat little boxes. I am waiting for 2012 to see what will happen and I have a feeling that it will be big, whatever comes.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Didn't they say that 2012 would be the fourth or fifth time this galactic event has taken place according to the remnants of the culture? I just pinched myself, yup we're still here. I guess the last few were survivable.

The story of great flooding sounds something like the biblical flood of Noah...

Genesis 7:11-12
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth day of the second month—on that day all the springs of the great deep burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened. 12 And rain fell on the earth forty days and forty nights.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by amehrich]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Anyone happen to have a linky where this can be downloaded?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Anyone happen to have a linky where this can be downloaded?

The show being discussed in this thread aired on the History channel on 11/9, I don't believe you can download it.

Perhaps if you contact ths History channel you can purchase a copy of the episode.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
As i stated on page 2, my DVR has recorded it 4 times over the last 3 months. It will Air again. Just keep an eye out for it. I like to record all those shows for later viewing, ufo files, histories mysteries, all the interesting stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Thanks for your replys Guys.

Ill reiterate for those of us that dont live in the USA if you find a link for a download of this please provide, i would love to watch it.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I was interested to learn the date of the 'end'. The 23rd of December is my birthday

Also, don't forget that the guy who created the Christian calender mucked up by a few years, for some reason the number 6 springs to mind. So, I would guess that if you take that into account, this December 23rd would be the end.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NumberCruncher
Thanks for your replys Guys.

Ill reiterate for those of us that dont live in the USA if you find a link for a download of this please provide, i would love to watch it.

They can't.

That would be a violation of our terms of service. We don't allow links to non public domain material.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schizoflux It is kind of rare you'd think to be alive during the earth's crossing of the center of the galaxy. What would you think?

The information is very misleading.

The night sky isn't a dome over our heads, and the "galaxy center" is actually a VAST area of stars that's many thousands (and possibly millions) of times larger than our solar system.

We are ALWAYS in alignment with it.

What will happen is that our vernal equinox (the wobble of the planet) will make the sun apparently rise in the center of that line of dust across our galaxy.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by Schizoflux It is kind of rare you'd think to be alive during the earth's crossing of the center of the galaxy. What would you think?

The information is very misleading.

The night sky isn't a dome over our heads, and the "galaxy center" is actually a VAST area of stars that's many thousands (and possibly millions) of times larger than our solar system.

We are ALWAYS in alignment with it.

What will happen is that our vernal equinox (the wobble of the planet) will make the sun apparently rise in the center of that line of dust across our galaxy.

An event that happens every 26 000 years or so I have read in many books, anyway. It may be as dramatic as the 'harmonic convergence' or whatever it was that happened around '87. Over my lifetime, every major alignment event has been very underwhelming. That is not really all that relevent, because none of them were pointed out two millenia ago as being a big deal, which this one is. Maybe zip will happen, but I feel that it is very possible the time leading up to this date may be very significant. Somethings gotta give, seriously. We can't keep this up for much longer. You know what I mean. It is clear to me, just as it was to Chief Seattle in 1844.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Harmonic convergence. What is that exactly? Is it when all the planets line up or something? Can an alignment of all the planets on one side influence a tug on the sun? Kind of like a Top getting too much force on one side and it makes the Top tip due to an imbalance.

posted on Nov, 17 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
A theory for December 21, 2012

I used the Redshift 4 program to give me a clue. I wanted to see which planets line up on that exact day. It so happens that Mercury gets in a straight line with Venus. Mercury is between the sun and Venus. The Maya were fascinated with the planet Venus and so it has to be part of the Dooms Day Clock.

Mercury and Venus have always lined up like this before. What makes this time so special?

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 03:51 AM
link   
>>I've read that the prophecy also states this:

>>On December 23, 2012 the Fifth Sun is going to come to an end.

Alot of people are confused with the Harmonic Convergence thing, but there is a neat convergence coming on the date above.

You also wont be able to see it with REDSHIFT.

Every 26,000 approximately, the zodiac starts all over again.

That is known by many.

What is not known by many, is that on that date, our planet and sun are going to align perfectly to the galactic center.

Yes it will align and it only happens every 26,000 years.

What will this cause? Who knows... but I do know that the moons gravitational force causes tides.

It makes the earth bulge up, which causes waves and because of the differences in movement between the earth and moon, this bulge of water moves which causes tides to go up and down.

What will a convergance with the galactic center cause?

My guess is not much......... and the reason is, that planets in our solar system even when they align, do not cause much havok on earth.

When they all align, thats a different story.

Who knows how many planets are aligning on this date? If the number is significant, along with the alignment on the galactic plane, this could definately cause some type of large tsunami, or tidal wave. It could also bulge the earth, causing earth quakes.

Most of you probably know about the big fault line in California...

What if the earth bulges, the fault line goes, tidal waves are caused, new york and shore line based states are flooded, the power grid goes down ... then what ?

Thats my 2 cents.

I have been researching past ice age, raw data, near the 26,000 year area to see if ice deposits can tell us more about the climate and things going on at that time.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What about the poles flipping. From my understanding this has happend frequently nearly at the same time however, this time we are far over due. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
if you're talking about earth crust displacement as put forward by charles Hapgood and championed by Graham Hancock forget it, the idea is Pseudoscience
if youre talking about geomagnetic reversal then here
en.wikipedia.org...

At present, the overall geomagnetic field is becoming weaker at a rate which would, if it continues, cause the dipole field to temporarily collapse by 3000-4000 AD. (See: 1). The South Atlantic Anomaly is believed by some to be a product of this. The present strong deterioration corresponds to a 10-15% decline over the last 150 years and has accelerated in the past several years; however, geomagnetic intensity has declined almost continuously from a maximum 35% above the modern value achieved approximately 2000 years ago. The rate of decrease and the current strength are within the normal range of variation, as shown by the record of past magnetic fields recorded in rocks.

and anyway
the Mayans were not even aware that the earth had a magnetic field, let alone that it flips every few million years
so its not that is it

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Watched the History channel last night.
I already knew about the galactic alignment but never knew that the earth "wobbles" on it's axis every 26,000 years.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join