It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the people who know how?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Moderators and others,

I need a little tech help here! Can somebody send me a u2u and give me the step by step to including somebody else's quote in my reply?

When I read a post and then want to reply, do I click reply in their post or quote or both? Or should I go to the last person's post on that topic and then reply, how does this actually work?? Thanks ahead of time, my head is on fire out of frustration........Peace, Mondogiwa

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
Moderators and others,

I need a little tech help here! Can somebody send me a u2u and give me the step by step to including somebody else's quote in my reply?

When I read a post and then want to reply, do I click reply in their post or quote or both? Or should I go to the last person's post on that topic and then reply, how does this actually work?? Thanks ahead of time, my head is on fire out of frustration........Peace, Mondogiwa

If you want to quote as I just did you only need to hit the quote button at the top right of the post.
If you want to reply without quoting you just hit the reply button. The reply button doesn't do anything other than open the window to write out a reply.

For tips on quoting be sure to read this link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Umbrax, I did that but it end up quoting everything, my post as well! Do I need to go in there and then highlight what I want to delete after I quote it? Also, if I want to quote and reply in the same post, do I need to click on quote and then reply or one or the other? Thanks again for the help, sorry bout the confusion!
Mondogiwa

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think I know where you are running into trouble.

When quoting you have to write your reply after the quote tags. In other words you type under where it says [/quote[/e].

For example if you were to quote the first post on theis thread it would look like this,

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mondogiwa[/i]
Moderators and others,

When I read a post and then want to reply, do I click reply in their post or quote or both? Or should I go to the last person's post on that topic and then reply, how does this actually work?? Thanks ahead of time, my head is on fire out of frustration........Peace, Mondogiwa [/quote]

Then you would type in this area here.

If you need to shorten the quote you can delete anything between [quote]and[/quote]. But if you delete those tags the quote will be messsed up.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

If you want to quote as I just did you only need to hit the quote button at the top right of the post.

Think I got it Umbrax, thanks, Mondo

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Right on

new topics

top topics

join