It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Democrat Launches 2008 Campaign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Well,this seems to be a guy I have never heard of. I wonder who will be next? I am still waiting for Barak Obama. He is a Democrat that I wouldn't mind voting for.

www.cnn.com
Democrat Vilsack launches run for White House
POSTED: 10:11 a.m. EST, November 9, 2006
Adjust font size:
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- Democratic Gov. Tom Vilsack of Iowa took the initial step in his long-shot bid for the White House Thursday, establishing a presidential campaign committee and seeking an early jump on 2008.

"Americans sent a clear message on Tuesday. They want leaders who will take this country in a new direction," Vilsack, Iowa's two-term governor, said in a statement. "They want leaders who share their values, understand their needs, and respect their intelligence. That's what I've done as governor of Iowa, and that's what I intend to do as president."

Vilsack filed documents with the Federal Election Commission to create the committee.

Although the favorite son in the early voting state, the Democratic governor has trailed the other potential candidates in early polling, among them front-runner New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton and 2004 vice presidential nominee John Edwards.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It will be interesting to see exactly what this guy decides to run on. You already know that Iraq is going to be a hot debate. The "war on terrorism" is going to be an ever looming topic.

I will say this,if the Democrats don't present some platform other than the "new direction" mantra they have going,I won't be voting for them.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

Edit: Title.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
America needs Barak Obama, the world needs him and he needs to be the man we all hope he is. Will the deep set predjudices in America allow him to win??

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
Will the deep set predjudices in America allow him to win??

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Peruvianmonk]

Therein lies the real question.

I am not sure,regardless of how good of a man he may or may not be, a man of color will be elected in the United States. I think if it ever happens, Obama is one of the few viable candidates. I don't view Jackso or Sharpton as even possibilities. There is...who was it...
I can't think of his name. He ran in the election of 2004. He is a black conservative candidate,who I think would also be a good leader,certainly he is a good orator. God...what is that guy's name?
Ahhh,Jesse Lee Peterson...

Candidates like Peterson or Obama are the african-Americans best hope. I'd like to see one of them get elected someday. I just don't know if it will ever happen.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
While I agree that Obama would become one day a worthy candidate to the presidency if he manages to stay away from corruption I mean.

He in my views is to new and inexperience to go after the already savy of politics that we have right now.

If s not that I don't what him to try and win but he probably will not get pass primaries.

I think he needs a one or more elections so he can mature nicely. Then even I will consider him for my vote.

Right now the candidates for Democrat that are been in the spot light for possible presidential run are not of my taste.

And I am still waiting what the Republicans will come out with.

After all I hold no loyalties to parties and I will vote as I see fit.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Marg,I vote as I see fit as well.

One of the things that I said about George W.Bush when he ran in 2000 is that I thought he was running about 8 years too soon.

In other word,I feel like he would have been better suited to have waited for the upcoming election,but,
, what do I know?

Obama,may very much be the same. He may not be ready and i don't necessarily look for him to run.. Who knows?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ride The Wave!

Nothing like starting a campaign on a high note.

But it's going to be a dramatic two years, so I hope Governor Vilsack is ready for a long, slow grind.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I don't know why anyone is bothering. HILLARY is going to be the democratic nominee. And as far as obama goes .. he isn't qualified ... YET. He has to do some time in the Senate before he knows the ropes. Same with John Edwards. Not qualified .. YET. They need more time. Hillary will give them that time because she'll be in the White House for 8 years as President.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
They need more time. Hillary will give them that time because she'll be in the White House for 8 years as President.

No she won't Flyers, because even When congress is in the hands of the Democrats, still the Republicans that voted for the congress are still Republicans and depending how this congress do the next president will be again Republican.

I will tell you this much I do not like any of the democrats choices for president.

new topics

top topics

join