It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a feeling but....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I hope the Democrats change their mind, and Pelosi chases Bush's butt out of the White house.
Right about now, that's the only thing that would give me happiness.

Everything else is suspect.

We have the right to be suspicious since the goon squad's latest chapter doesnt quite make that much sense. Its almost like reading a horror story and then going back and having missed 2 chapters.

Maybe we really won! Maybe we really didnt.

I hate to give credit for saddism and evil plotting to those Washington Chupacabras, but we're dealing with a nasty bunch.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone

If the Republicans had won you all would have been saying that they "stole" the election, and now that the Democrats won your all saying they "rigged" it. Please, just stop and think about how foolish that is...

Boat, why do you not read between the lines? This is not about partisan politics. Both sides have been playing off of each other for years. The sooner the right iwng and left wing people realize this the sooner we can go back to being a republic, and not a recorporate. I love that word, I just thought of it...I hope I am the first one!

Recorporate...so fitting for todays America, dont ya think?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Funny how great the stock market is doing right now, just like in 1999 before the .com crash.

The Globalist (Rep/Dem) Party really doesn't have to pull a Bait and Switch anymore, they just have to pull the switch and the People buy it. Politicians are told what to say and when to say it during elections, the handlers (Campaign Managers) are usually supplied or endorsed by the Party so that the Candidate will trust them. IF the Candidate is no longer required by those at the top, then they are replaced through the manipulation of the Candidates own words. There are many levels of sheep, more classes of sheep and more gangs of sheep than most people realize.

It's been a long hard road for those at the top to gain so much, I don't believe that they would intentionally throw an election as that would bin all their hard work.

Strategy and tactics folks!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Neocon-lite is how it can be best described. They did control this election and they did issue seats. Are the Dems going after the perps?...no. Will we be out of Iraq in the next six years ?...no. This is merely the release of the pressure in an over inflated situation. pssssssssssssssssssssss!...Can't you hear it!

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Yes there is an agenda.
But it's not about the Dems and the Reps. It's the deceit that makes us think we have a choice, that our elected officials really run the country.
Those Who Rule are not in the least bit interested in what is left of the middle class.

Be afraid, be very afraid.
In fact, looking at this wish list alternately sent chills down my spine and made me gag:
democrats.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

im not sure why, but i have this little nagging feeling that the republicans deliberately intended to do badly at these elections and let the democrats take the lead.

I dunno, there are very good arguements both for and against this theory.
I got this same feeling the morning of the 8th when I was reading the Yahoo news stories about the elections.
Nothing we can do about it now but wait and see and keep it in our minds that something may be amiss....

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 03:17 AM
link   
for the people who think that everyone has just had enough of the republicans, let me add this.

i lived throughout the thatcher & major years in the uk and by the end of the conservative reign you could not find one person anywhere who would publicly admit to supporting them. all you ever heard was i used to support them but no more - we'd rather vote labour because we just want them out now (and believe me - for them to say and do that would be as radical a desicion as a sex change for a die-hard conservative), and, as the opinion and exit polls predicted, labour crushed the conservatives at the general election.

i ask any uk people here if they remember that era and feeling going around and then apply it to america and see if you get the same impression. because i see just as much support here for the republicans as there was before.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Don't be so sure that it was intentional. What you have to remember is the Republicans do not have a monopoly on big money and dirty tricks. THERE IS cheating in every election, make no mistake. Maybe in this case the two sides just cheated equally and offset one another, thus causing the polling trends and results to match up.

The Republicans DID need to do badly in this election, because the more power they hold the more trouble they get themselves into, and for that same reason they COULDN'T HELP but do bad this election. It seems to me that the simplest answer is most likely the correct one, and that's that the Republicans screwed up real bad and as a consequence both they and the American people felt like it might be time for the GOP to catch its breath and get its act together while the Democrats take their turn at screwing America.

The problem with the "fake us out then take over the government in 2008" theory is that it wouldn't matter very much. If they're going to use that power to any end more nefarious than what Americans have already resigned themselves to as business as usual in DC, they'll be in for a fight regardless of whether or not people believe the election was legit. It's not as if the Republicans can just up the ante again and again and people will say "well, we asked for it at the polls". Either the sheeple will say "bah" and let it happen, regardless, or else they'll finally draw the line and fight, regardless.

Think about it. If Big Brother tries to confiscate your gun, draft your kid, or carry out some more sinister agenda that we might conceive, are the election results even going to be a part of that discussion, or will the entire debate pretty much consist of you racking your shotgun and ordering them to leave? I think for most people, the answer is the latter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join