It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just a feeling but....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
im not sure why, but i have this little nagging feeling that the republicans deliberately intended to do badly at these elections and let the democrats take the lead.

ive argued this with an emerican friend of mine who disagrees with me saying people are just fed up with bushco & iraq and normally id agree with him, but i dont know why this little nagging feeling remains. of course, i dont live in america so i cant say what the feeling of the general public is there. i only observe from a distance on the net.

the run-up to the election seemed more biased against republican bad news, ie, lots of stories in the media about bad republicans, there was no 'october suprise' type event, lots of bad press for the government and a general feeling of 'not really trying'. the us media always seems biased towards the republicans normally.

so, im going to call this pre-planned for whatever reasons, but i would like people to be alert (and i mean VERY alert) as to what those republicans who lost their seats, or stepped down like rumsfeld, are going to do next, because i think that is seriously in need of monitoring.

bushco have systematically placed their own people in postitions of power and influence and i suspect that many of those republicans that lost at these elections will have some very important pre-planned jobs to go to that need their FULL attention, whilst the media concentrates/distracts you by talking about/blaming the democrats from now on.

bear in mind that those electronic voting machines could also be rigged to ensure the democrats won in the required states.

does anyone else feel that this is another engineered case of 'watch the monkey'?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've been thinking along the same lines.

By putting the Dems in power in the house and congress, they can make things go so bad and blame it on the dems, that in 2008 with the next presidential elections, everyone is gona vote against the democrats for sure.

Maybe another staged event will come along and blamed on democratic actions in the house and congress.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well, at last!!! Someone who agrees with me.

Happy as i am, there's a nagging feeling that something is wrong. I just happened upon this article that also thinks something is wrong:

Election Could Have Been Thrown, Says Fraud Expert
Voting rights activist Bev Harris fears the mid-term elections may have been thrown in order to quell suspicions about vote fraud in anticipation of a major 2008 coup. Liberal blog sites are already naively telling whistleblowers and "conspiracy theorists" to keep quiet now that the left arm of the establishment, the Democrats, have re-emerged.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Your fears and my fears are not unfounded. Nothing is as it appears.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I agree with you folks.
This result was to give the people the false sense that they are back in control of the country.
The two parties are cogs of the same gearbox.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
well, if its true then everybody ought to be concentrating on the organ grinder rather than the monkey. dont fall into the democrat blame game which will happen to distract you.

i think people should keep a real close eye on the ones who lost and what they do next.

also notice how quick they were to mention rumsfelds replacement - it was even updated on wikipedia as to who the replacement was going to be before it was even on some news channels that he was going to resign.

something just doesnt feel right.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Not to mention the fact that Rove and Cheney are still going around smirking.

Something stinks.

Too bad we as Americans cannot enjoy victories anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Here's a question did any one of you vote for anybody or are just speculating. Did anybody think that the American people are fed up with Bush and the Republicans. If they were going to rig it why wouldn't they rig it so they just barely beat the Democrats so it would look like a tight race. That way their wouldn't be any speculation.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Nah are you kidding? These guys LIVE FOR THESE POSITIONS OF POWER. They would never knowingly just throw it. They make tons of money for themselves and for their political party by being in office. They are not gonna just give that up so easy. I do think they were well aware of the mistakes their party had made and probably expected it but they still went by these polls that were saying the race would be close even though they were erroneous obviously.
Just look at that asian Politician in California how desperate he was to get in office, He sent out bogus letters. They did not throw this election and don't even bother to give them the credit of being that intelligent to formulate such a plan. They couldn't fight their way out of a Iraqi paper bag if their lives depended on it.

Pie

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   
You have a point, Pie.

To do so would be to give them too much credit which they do not deserve.

Lets just enjoy the American Victory.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
It's certainly an interesting concept but I don't think it's valid. The Republicans have run rough-shod over the American citizenry, the Constitution and the economy for six years now. People are just fed up. We're fed up with the lies, the arrogance, the mis-deeds, the scandals, the corruption and most definitely the deteriorating global security as a result of these cowboys. I think the Repubs just underestimated the level of voter dissatisfaction. Besides, they've had six years to pillage the US and the world. They've engineered unprecedented winfalls in energy and defense contracts. The jig is up. They'll go home. Count their gold and wait until the next opportunity to get their hands in the cookie jar.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Well if you ask Me, the People of America really do have a ONE Party system, since Republicans and Democrats are basicly two heads of one same Dragon if you know what I mean. Actually they Both want Power, they Both want Congress and Senate seats and they Both basicly won't change anything big or bigger for the People.

I was listening to Alex Jones show yesterday, and a guest of his said it perfectly with this;

"It is like if you are a babysitter, and you give the kid two options; you either go to sleep at 8 or 8:30! And ofcourse the kid will say 8:30, since he thinks he has a choice to stay up longer. BUT the plan was to get the kid in bed by 9 o'clock! So basicly it's just a False feeling of choice, and actually you are just going according to the plan."

And I see this in this elections also.

Yes the Democrats have won, but what will happen now?

Just listen to Alex - he always hits the Spot.

I am doing that just now.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is a cool conspirecy. The GOP did rig the election, only instead of rigging it for themselves...they rigged it for the Dems. Interesting. Thing is, if they, the GOP leadership; give up the two houses how do they know they'll ever get them back again? Wouldn't it have been easier to just quit screwing around and make it all work, then they'd not have to worry about elections again. Or just take over, and cancel elections entirely. Which I recall reading was going to happen, and didn't...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Well if you ask Me, the People of America really do have a ONE Party system, since Republicans and Democrats are basicly two heads of one same Dragon if you know what I mean. Actually they Both want Power, they Both want Congress and Senate seats and they Both basicly won't change anything big or bigger for the People.

I think there are a few things going on here. Remember its not run by the politicians, it is run by big corporate. The first item on the agenda is we are fed up big corporate knows this and doesn’t want us ruining there plan while we still have buying power (they need to shift to China first while fleecing us). So what they have done is hit the pressure relief valve, both in the elections and Donald Rumsfeld. I think we will have a Democrat for the executive branch in two years also.

This is the second item on the grand agenda. Its good cop bad cop. The republicans are the bad cops again, just like the Dems were before, round and round we go. They set up all these bad laws so the Dems don’t have to tarnish they’re image before the next elections. What this does is two things. They know most of us just care about TV (not me I despise it) and will feel fat and happy and forget this nightmare even happened and let our collective guard down. We will elect some piece of work like Hilary Clinton and she will have all these nifty new tools/laws the republicans gave them. This will be a law and order administration and will use these laws to there maximum potential

Then again, what do I know?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The GOP folding like a cheap tent....DANGER-DANGER!. This mid-term was a handoff back to the Dems. This is a party that fought tooth and nail in 2000 and 2004 for every scrap of a vote that was available. Now they concede Virginia in 24 hours over 600 votes.? They lose Montana which Sequoia could have easily snagged due to a 2 point margin. I see this more as escaping arsonists who have a getaway car running at the curb. Think Paraguay ! When you look behind the scenes on what they accomplished, they got everything. Patriot Act 1 & 2, Homeland Security, Military Commisssions and Billions$$ in private contracts. The Dems are just an illusion of change. Pelosi and Emanuel have both stated that the Iraq invasion will continue and Afghanistan needs to be addressed as well. Just a softer side of Fascism.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
The Republicans have run rough-shod over the American citizenry, the Constitution and the economy for six years now.

as i said earlier - they have put their people in the right strategic postitions for power & influence. they have made so many new laws which make them unaccountable and basically above the law and the constitution.

so let me ask you this - is any of that reversible by the dems NOW? its alright saying they can veto anything put forward in the future if they dont like it but how much can they change of what has already been altered? that is the more important question, because if they can't change it then winning these elections makes no difference does it?

therefore it doesnt matter until the next presidential election and in the meantime, you have been distracted by their 'victory'.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't think they had any choice in it. If the gop wanted it they could have had it.. Not by being popular but by rigging the election like the have before..

No, i think you have to look behind the 'elected representatives' to see who is really pulling the strings.

It is never a simple story.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I also have a nagging feeling about this election... I'm glad someone else has mentioned it. I was a little concerned about the "bitch if you lose and bitch of you win" accusations, which do have merit, but still, I am cautious about this Democratic victory (even though I'm not a Democrat).

I was SURE this administration (Cheney, Rove, et al) wouldn't let the Dems win, especially since I believe the elections of 2000 and 2004 were stolen -- I was quite shocked that the Dems won. However, many discussions I had before the elections centered around how the Republicans COULDN'T steal this one because the country would revolt. We were already aware of the Diebold factor not to mention the pure corruption revealed recently in the Republican party. The administration KNEW they couldn't steal it and get away with it. So, they let the Dems win.

I have several concerns.

1) All the provisions that Bush has made for Martial Law.

2) The "Line of Succession" changes that Bush put into effect
Doomsday Line of Succession Shuffled at DoD

3) There is now a "lame-duck" president AND a "lame-duck" Congress who have been running rampant over the world and our Constitution willy-nilly, high as a kite on their power, and they will soon be completely out of power.

What will they do in the next few months to prevent having to hand over their "baby" to the Dems?

I will watch and wait...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
BH, I heard Bush yesterday lauding the merits of a strong economy. Seemed like a odd subject to be hanging on in the wake of having your party's ass kicked the night before. My guess is that tptb will bring down the American economy over the next two years and the Neocons will put the blame squarely on those 'fiscally irresponsible Dems'. When you think like they do the picture becomes quite clear.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by malakia
Here's a question did any one of you vote for anybody or are just speculating.

I believe most of us voted. I know I did.

Did anybody think that the American people are fed up with Bush and the Republicans.

Yes. It's clear that's true.

If they were going to rig it why wouldn't they rig it so they just barely beat the Democrats so it would look like a tight race. That way their wouldn't be any speculation.

There WOULD be speculation. Knowing that the president's approval rating is so low and that the country wants a change in Iraq and that there has been so much recent Republican scandal, a Republican win WOULD have been suspicious, no matter how slight. Especially in the House. This election couldn't have reasonably gone any other way. If we'd had the opportunity to vote Bush out, we would have done that, too.

What are you so angry about? That people suspect the election process? That people suspect the Republican party of being corrupt?

YIAWETA, I heard many Republicans bragging about the economy too and wondered about it. I came to the conclusion that that's all they've got to brag about. And talking about that may take focus off of the miserable job they've don't with everything else. Mainly Iraq.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
OMG,

If the Republicans had won you all would have been saying that they "stole" the election, and now that the Democrats won your all saying they "rigged" it. Please, just stop and think about how foolish that is...

The GOP was trying very hard to win all elections, I was a RNC worker and I know that they poured tons of money and time into many races. Republicans are just normal people and are not a crazy bunch of villians as you all suggest.

The GOP would NEVER try to give up pwer, just think about it now they won't be able to nominate Supreme Court Justices that they want.

-- Boat

I hopw the Democrats have a good plan...

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Boatphone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join