It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove that alien techology exists??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I was arguing with a friend the other day about how that there are alien technology out there but he wouldn't believe in it (even after I showed him numerious documentary videos about the existance of aliens).

He feels that there are limits to technology such as physical objects traveling faster than the speed of light (in which he believes how aliens would need to be able to do inorder to visit Earth). He believes that we can say for certain that we understand the basic limitations.

I just wanted to prove to him that it is impossible to say what are the limitations with our understanding of science and technology.

Couldn't time traveling, travling faster than light, teleportation and such be possible? I just feel that there are many things out there that we dont understand or can't even think of it being possible.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Lets see fiberoptics, Night Vision, semi conductors.....list goes on. Im just going by what Ive read but if you think about it it makes sense. I mean just take a look at computers....look how far they have come. But realeasing technogly slowly = profit.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
My friend kept on saying about the Laws of the universe that we have developed which prevents some of the things i listed from happening such as travling faster than speed of light.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
True but if thats true...how do "they" do it? I believe in the saying if there is a will there is a way. Nothing is impossible. One day it will happen I wont be here but Im sure we will find a way. If we havnt already.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Facts leave no room for possibilitys. Traveling faster than the speed of light is possible, you just need to look for the answeres. There is no limit to anything. There is always ways to achieve things by avoiding and overcoming set limits.

Here's an excellent resource:
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 9-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Everythingyouknowisalie
Lets see fiberoptics, Night Vision, semi conductors.....list goes on. Im just going by what Ive read but if you think about it it makes sense. I mean just take a look at computers....look how far they have come. But realeasing technogly slowly = profit.
unless you want to back up your claims with evidence, simply listing products of technology by no means proves said products are of alien origin.

its people like you that make most people discret real conspiracies and the theorists behind them.

anyway balon0, your friend obviously doesnt understand that while many things are improbable, nothing is impossible. he will have a much easier life once he understands this.

Originally posted by balon0
My friend kept on saying about the Laws of the universe that we have developed which prevents some of the things i listed from happening such as travling faster than speed of light.
the "laws" of the universe are only tentative, meaning they could change or become more conditional when a yet-to-be-reached, future event (possibly) occours. human knowledge can only account for the past (and the present).

[edit on 11/9/2006 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism

anyway balon0, your friend obviously doesnt understand that while many things are improbable, nothing is impossible. he will have a much easier life once he understands this.

Actually I feel that I am the one having the harder life because I do believe that anything is possible and aliens do exist and we have have acquired of their technology and such. There are so much that we dont know about and I just want to know more

Heres what he said

people thought we coudlnt get to the moon because of lack of technology, isnt the same with people thought we coudldnt get to the moon because the moon doesnt exist

thats analogous to the arguement that there could be FAR more advanced alien technology out there that could travel faster than light, and traveling faster than light is IMPOSSIBLE no matter how advanced your technology is

our technology might be small but what we know in science is at a point where we can say that no technology can do this

your right in saying that we cant gauge how far along we are in terms of technological advancement, because we have no perspective, other than our own history but that doesn't mean that there are no limits to technology, because technology is a application of science.

there is however a limit as to how much you can understand something

take lightning for example, we understand it PERfectly
there is nothing left to understand about it
no matter how deeply you look how what new insights you might concieve of
we might not understand the universe to the same degree, actually we dont for a fact, but we CAN say for certain things, that we understand its basic limitations
for example with the lighting, before we understood what electrons were, we guessed at what it was, but we knew what it was NOT.
we knew it wasnt water, or...... light.. or something that we knew
same with our understand of modern physics, we dont have to completely understand something in order to say that something is possible of impossible
and traveling over the speed for light, traveling back in time, and pinpointing subatomic particles are examples
we cant do it, no, its not posssible to do no matter how much technology you have

theres a physical limitation based on how the systems work
the laws of motion back the day that newton thought up of isnt quite the fact schools teach them to be but thats what science is, its not that newton was WRONG, but there are just better and more exact methods of doing the same thing
new laws of the universe that govern forces and motion that are discovered are merely ammends to newtons laws it doesnt make them wrong, just inaccurate
same can be said about stuff that are just flat out impossible. we dont have to understand something COMPLETELY to know whats possible and impossible

meaning our understanding of something could be very basic, and we could still conclude that whether or not something was possible or impossible based on that knowledge

Sorry for the messy formating for the quote above, I tired to copy our conversation in the message history and it turned out to be a mess

Also i wanted to put my friend's name in the post also but he said he didnt want to

[edit on 9-11-2006 by balon0]

[edit on 9-11-2006 by balon0]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
im sorry, but your friend seems overly-systematic and close minded.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
haha i completely feel the same as you do, he doenst believe in paranormal activities such as ghosts and such also
I tried persuading him that they do exist but he says all the stories pictures and videos are fake

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have also read that, night vision gogles, integrated circuits and kevlar were aided greatly by alien technology. Supposedly after the Roswell crash the government gave various US corporations items from an alien ship. Without telling them where these items came from they asked them to reverse engineer them and find out how they worked. If this is the case there shoud be a quantum leap between our 1940 technology AND the post Roswell technology. I have no idea what our technological level was pre Roswell but i bet some people do know and might help clear up this debate.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Question about the idea of fiber optics coming from aliens Rosswell happened in 1947 right? According this website, there were already many ideas that would have lead to the development of fiber optics.

Heres some quotes from the website

Optical communication systems date back two centuries, to the "optical telegraph" that French engineer Claude Chappe invented in the 1790s.

Alexander Graham Bell patented an optical telephone system, which he called the Photophone, in 1880, but his earlier invention, the telephone, proved far more practical. He dreamed of sending signals through the air, but the atmosphere didn't transmit light as reliably as wires carried electricity. In the decades that followed, light was used for a few special applications, such as signalling between ships, but otherwise optical communications, like the experimental Photophone Bell donated to the Smithsonian Institution, languished on the shelf.

In the intervening years, a new technology slowly took root that would ultimately solve the problem of optical transmission, although it was a long time before it was adapted for communications. It depended on the phenomenon of total internal reflection, which can confine light in a material surrounded by other materials with lower refractive index, such as glass in air. In the 1840s, Swiss physicist Daniel Collodon and French physicist Jacques Babinet showed that light could be guided along jets of water for fountain displays. British physicist John Tyndall popularized light guiding in a demonstration he first used in 1854, guiding light in a jet of water flowing from a tank. By the turn of the century, inventors realized that bent quartz rods could carry light, and patented them as dental illuminators. By the 1940s, many doctors used illuminated plexiglass tongue depressors.

But then it was the years after the Rosswell incident that fiber optics actually came

Source: Hecht, Jeff "A Short History of Fiber Optics"
www.sff.net...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Good question and no I cant. Nor can governments publicly explain the unknowns flying around all these years. Look at blue book, Airforce public reporting and investigation ended in /69, and with all their efforts to hide reports that could not be dismissed as conventional aircraft, balloons, birds, bugs and superman could not be hidden. Some 1300 reports and four hundred are still unknowns -- publicly speaking.

There is a metal sample of pure aluminum which was brought out in the public eye a back in the nineties that a metallurgist claimed was impossible to produce without vacuum and zero gravity.

As someone above has mentioned re Fibre Optics, the Tran sister, etc.. I thought the late Corso (ret Col) in his book The Day After Roswell did a pretty-good job of explaining when, how and why his proposed Alien technology was released into defence department contractors.

Proof, no. Me personally have not be able so far to produce anything nonvirtual. But I remain confident proof's coming.

Dallas

top topics

join