It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian ATS Members in support of our comrade in Active Duty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
November 11th is Remembrance Day in Canada. This is a day when Canadians remember and honor the tens of thousands of Canadians who have selflessly served their country in the military.

Let Canadians everywhere take a moment to reflect upon the dedication of these fine servicemen and women of the Canadian Forces who have served in past military missions and who continue to serve their country, striving to establish peace and stability in a chaotic world.

At this same time, we would hope that the Canadian members of Above Top Secret would honor one of their own... Deus Ex. Deus Ex is currently in Basic Training.

One way that Canadian ATS members can show their respect and honor for the proud men and women of the CDN Forces -- especially one of their own, Deus Ex -- is by accepting this avatar designed by Chissler and by adding this "signature tag"; • Deus Ex - Supporting our Comrade on Active Duty •

I would suggest that this avatar (designed by Chissler) be used from November 11th, Remembrance Day and, at least, through the month of November in tribute, honor and respect for Deus Ex (one of our own) and for the men and women who have served and who continue to serve their Country.

----------------------------------------------------------------

More than 3,000 Canadian soldiers, sailors and Air Force personnel are deployed overseas on operational missions. On any given day, about 8,000 Canadian Forces members - one third of our deployable force - are preparing for, engaged in or returning from an overseas mission.

Since 1947, the CF has completed 72 international operations. That figure does not include current operations, or the many CF operations carried out in Canada. www.forces.gc.ca...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   

You want me to give up Ogopogo?

It is a great avatar, and I noticed chissler sporting it earlier today. Perhaps it couldn't hurt to change things up for a couple of weeks.

Good idea.

Everyone that changes their avatar should make a post in this thread and then I can print it out and send it to him at basic. We wouldn't want him to miss out on all the love, would we?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

Everyone that changes their avatar should make a post in this thread and then I can print it out and send it to him at basic. We wouldn't want him to miss out on all the love, would we?

That's a great idea Duzey. I know that Deus would appreciate this. What really sucks is that I heard that Deus will probably spend Christmas in Basic Training.....sucks eh?

Anyway, lets' all show our support to not only Deus Ex, but let's honor and show our respect to ALL CDN Forces servicemen and women by sporting this beautiful Chissler designed avatar and by reflecting upon the sacrifice, the dedication and service of all Canadian Forces Personnel on November 11th -- Remembrance Day -- and throughout the month of November.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I'm in.

I'll change it over Friday after I have a chance to make note of all my pretty text colours and find the best ones to go with the new avatar. A girl has to accessorize her outfit properly, you know.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
My maternal uncles fought in the 2nd world war. One was a tank commander. The only survivor of a mortar shell, snuck his way back across enemy lines.
The other was an officer.
One didn't survive.

I remember.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
drop him a quick note at the Garrison!!

Here's the mailing address:

T29 261 714
Pte. Matyskiel, JC
CFLRS St. Jean Garrison
PO BOX 100 Station Bureau-chef
Richelain, Quebec, Canada
J0J 1R0

He has it listed on his blog as well, and I know he'd love to be kept updated on the goings on here on ATS and all those who chat with him, The internet is expensive (2$ per 10 minutes) so he can't be online much,

Send your well wishes and support!!!!

Cheers all!!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well Done BT.

benevolent contacted me a few days ago with this idea, and I was quickly inspired to assist in the tribute to Deus. I made some efforts to create a fitting avatar to pay tribute, and through some discussion, we settled on what we have here. Our biggest concern was the the image portraying message of mourning, which is not what we were looking for. I am satisfied with the results, and I can not thank bt enough for his creativity and thoughtfulness.

I believe you have done Deus Ex proud.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
As long as Chissler is throwing around compliments, I thought that I had better put the credit where the Credit is due.l

When I approached Chissler with the concept of honoring the servicemen and women of Canada's armed forces I have to say that "Chiss" was immediately receptive. Not only that, it would appear the he simply "dropped everything" to work on the beautiful avatar that he, ultimately, created. I was amazed with the speed and the detail that Chissler put into his work....

Most importantly, Chissler did this work with "the right attitude". He genuinely wanted to show his respect and to honor the men and women of Canada's military. Furthermore, he demonstrated a true sense of camaraderie for one of ATS's own, Deus Ex.

All that a can say is that Chissler epitomizes all that is good about ATS and I feel honored to count him as being a "friend".

I salute Deus Ex for his dedication and spirit and willingness to serve his country. Furthermore, I salute Chissler for his dedication to his country and, most importantly, to his friends. What more could one as of a friend?

bt

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
oops...double post....sorry

[edit on 11/9/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
oops...double post....sorry

[edit on 11/9/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I've never spoken directly with Deus Ex, but being a part of the Canadian Forces automatically gets my respect. Deus, best of luck in training and beyond sir.

Great idea with the avatar, I'll wear it with pride. Not only for Deus, but for my good friend Colin who is going on his 6th year of service, and for every other Canadian Forces member past, present, and future.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
AboveTopSecret can be a tricky place from time to time. A troublesome issue I come across from time to time is, is this another member or a friend? Never will I refer to BT as another member. Your kind words have etched you as a friend for life. There are select members that I find myself confused over. Do I call them a friend or another member? Is either or insulting? Well, it is a post like that, which leaves me with no doubt. Point fingers all you wish, you were the creative mind behind this. The legwork was a minor detail in the grand scheme of it all.

Deus is a member that I have come to respect since my early days with AboveTopSecret. We've shared words recently, but it was one of the first times we discussed issues amongst one another. His work with AboveTopSecret has had my respect for awhile, but his dedication to a cause puts him in the upper echelon of all citizens.
I'm simply honored to be a peice of this puzzle. I can only thank BT for his creativity which permitted to be a part. So again, BT I thank you until the ends of time. Everyone else, please take a moment and thank BT for his kindness and creativity. He is the mastermind behind this process.

You've done our membership, and country (If I may) proud.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Both of you should get credit for this lovely idea and the effort that went into it. I'll be switching my avatar over tomorrow.

Yay BT (not BH
) and chissler.

*Group hug*

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I'll look forward to it.

I don't think I will even recognize your posts.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It's funny, I haven't even changed it yet and I'm having an identity crisis. This is the only avatar I've ever had. I won't recognize my posts either.

In keeping with the Duzey tradition of always looking for the silver lining - I can blame you or BT for everything I say for the next while. After all, we'll look the same.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ahh I think its acceptable for a day or two. Its for a good cause.

I look forward to Deus's return in the future to see his outtake on these events.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
We should always show respect to those that dare put their own personal safety on the line for us at any time.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A man does look awfully good in a uniform - Let's pray them all home safely.
So we don't have to remember.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Yes yes yes...men in uniform...

I'd like to add a little supportive banner into my signature... clearly I'm having some difficulties doing so...

Edited to add an extra thanks to Duzey for her help getting my image up
...three cheers for Duzey!!

[edit on 11/10/2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Just wanted to add in here that I did send a little letter to DE (Deux Ex)...and a book LMAO...poor guy...I bet he was hoping for a picture or two or at the very least a girly mag... I hope he gets it okay

We'll see
I'm sure he'd love to hear from us here on ATS...so do drop him a quick hello if you have a few moments...likely he won't be able to be online too much as it's too expensive.

Maybe someone could send him some "fleshy pics"
...I know that's what my ex husband used to always ask for...hmmmm, actually I think I still have that picture around somewhere...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join