It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Law: No fly for all americans!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It is happening. It doesn't matter if you are a american citizen, or you have a travel document...Starting from January 2007 american people are no longer free to leave and enter their country as they did before. Even though through a very smart way of "securing" the border, Homeland Security by asking all airlines, cruize companies and ect to obtaine a clearance for all their passangers is in fact changing american reality to a living nightmare. If this law comes into effect, ALL AMERICANS beginning Jan 14, 2007 -- That's next year, in 2 months or so -- will have their freedom of movement taken away (as if it's not already severely limited).

theuniversalseduction.com
Now: US Citizens to be Required ''Clearance'' to Leave USA International

If Uncle Sam gets its way, beginning on Jan. 14, 2007, we'll all be on no-fly lists, unless the government gives us permission to leave-or re-enter-the United States.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (HSA) has proposed that all airlines, cruise lines-even fishing boats-be required to obtain clearance for each passenger they propose taking into or out of the United States.

It doesn't matter if you have a U.S. Passport - a "travel document" that now, absent a court order to the contrary, gives you a virtually unqualified right to enter or leave the United States, any time you want.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I've read this. I grew up in a communist country where people not only weren't free to leave their country but did get shoot frequenlty when they tried to cross the borders illegaly.

And now this is happening to America? Is very scary and only the idea that american people are going to taste this oppression makes me sad and remindes me those dark times when I was a kid and everybody was trapped like in a cage.
Wake up America, wake up americans ! Open your eyes wide and clear your thoughts coz the nightmare is becoming a reality. Is not an Orwellian scenario, is Hell it self. Trust me, I've been there and there are no tears enough to 'appeasse' your mind, soul and heart. There is only pain, humiliation and no dignity.
This is the police state, this is the tyrany, this is the dictature !

Here is the original document from Homeland Security Document

Related News Links:
www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com
www.washingtonpost.com
www.aclu.org
writ.news.findlaw.com

[edit on 9-11-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
First let me say I'm amazes to see this topic, which I first saw last night as pending on ATSNN, being removed to where it is now. Had I not left my computer on standby I might never had found it again.

Though the Outlaw Empire was turned down by Tuesday's vote, the systems it has put in place will exist for a long time to come and take generations to dismantle.

What I see here is a result of data storage becoming ever cheaper together with systems of data-mining becoming more and more refined.

First time I became aware of the issue was in February this year reading this.

US Plans Massive Data Sweep
"We don't realize that, as we live our lives and make little choices, like buying groceries, buying on Amazon, Googling, we're leaving traces everywhere," says Lee Tien, a staff attorney with the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "We have an attitude that no one will connect all those dots. But these programs are about connecting those dots - analyzing and aggregating them - in a way that we haven't thought about. It's one of the underlying fundamental issues we have yet to come to grips with."

That it in less than a year it would be taken this far in a practical application I would never had anticipated. As your Washington Post link puts it:

"They are assigning a suspicion level to millions of law-abiding citizens," said David Sobel, senior counsel of the Electronic Frontier Foundation. "This is about as Kafkaesque as you can get."

DHS officials said that by publishing the notice, they are simply providing "expanded notice and transparency" about an existing program disclosed in October 2001, the Treasury Enforcement Communications System.

But others said Congress has been unaware of the potential of the Automated Targeting System to assess non-aviation travelers.

Note the irony of the acronym, ATS.

The Automated Targeting System relies on government databases that include law enforcement data, shipping manifests, travel itineraries and airline passenger data, such as names, addresses, credit card details and phone numbers.

The parent program, Treasury Enforcement Communications System, houses "every possible type of information from a variety of federal, state and local sources," according to a 2001 Federal Register notice.

It includes arrest records, physical descriptions and "wanted" notices. The 5.3 billion-record database was accessed 766 million times a day to process 475 million travelers, according to a 2003 Transportation Research Board study.

In short they are now able to link any data of whatever electronic trace you leave, not just your grocery and googling, but the books you borrow from libary, from where to whom you make phonecalls, etc. - as well as any post or mail you put through the internet.

Not only that, but an automated score system will come up with a number, the value of which will determine whether you can board a plane or not.

What makes it a true nightmare, this system can be accessed by anyone authorized from anywhere in the world.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by khunmoon]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There's already a thread about this, don't have it off hand
though I'm sure someone has it.

Such a thing will never happen, thousands of people come into
and out of the U.S. eachday, the corporations would'nt allow it,
and more importantly the people won't allow it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Iori never say never. It happen in the past in other countries. In the States are happening alot of things that nobody would have thought could have happened.
Don't expect to be all so drastic. Step by step, once it starts there is no way can be stoped. As I said, I've been through and I know what it feels like.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Thank you for the post Telos, but there is an existing thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add to the ongoing discussion ... currently on page 4

Thank you.

Closing ...

[edit on 11/9/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

join