It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the scariest stories I've read: Along Came A Spider

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
hmmm poisionous spiders in UK?

Are you sure?

i have seen some big an i mean big spiders in UK where i live found one in bathroom and it was big size of 5p coin body was an legs were long as 2 inch's scared me i flush em all down loo
never touch em either.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
The funny part about this story is that Tom Slemen is a "famous" British author. He writes stories for a living.
Here are some of his other works.
Amazo n Books UK

Here's more on Tom.
Tom Slemen Shrine

Yeah he writes mainly about paranormal events that have happend in Liverpool (where he is from) over it's history, be he also writes about other paranormal and scary events (you should check out on his site the "Welsh Roswell" event, and one #ed up theory about the Titanic".
His radio slot is also really good, he talks about alot of freaky stories about Liverpool and listeners ring in to also share their experiences. It's terrifying but interesting stuff.
I went to one of his talks the other night, it's amazing that I don't really believe in much paranormal activities and yet when you hear so many people talking about the same exact experiences, you can't help but be swayed.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer

Australian Spiders

This is a list of the spiders here where I live that I generally deal with.......... deal with as in they leave me the # alone and I will leave them the # alone.

Mostly because they are venemous............ and evil

definately evil.

Anything that looks like that #ing thing HAS TO BE EVIL!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by mulberryblueshimmer]

Yeah just try and make me throw up with that link there Mulberry

The first heading makes me laugh though ("How to identify a Spider"). Like you wouldn't #ing KNOW?!!!
# man have you seen some of those pictures?!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:45 AM
link   
DAMMIT JOHN!

All's I did was open the article and had to shut it back down. Is that pic real!?!

You have KNOW idea how scared I am of spiders...that's the most hideous thing I've ever seen in my life. Now I have to go back and read this thread so I can try to figure out what the story is because I am NOT opening that link again.

From now give a "IF YOU ARE SCARED OF SPIDERS OPEN WITH CAUTION" warning! LOL!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
hmmm poisionous spiders in UK?

Are you sure?

i have seen some big an i mean big spiders in UK where i live found one in bathroom and it was big size of 5p coin body was an legs were long as 2 inch's scared me i flush em all down loo
never touch em either.

Actually I remember being told once that the Daddy Long Legs spider is one of the most poisonous spiders in the world, it's just that its teeth are not nearly big enough to break human skin. I Don't know how true that is though.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
DAMMIT JOHN!

All's I did was open the article and had to shut it back down. Is that pic real!?!

You have KNOW idea how scared I am of spiders...that's the most hideous thing I've ever seen in my life. Now I have to go back and read this thread so I can try to figure out what the story is because I am NOT opening that link again.

From now give a "IF YOU ARE SCARED OF SPIDERS OPEN WITH CAUTION" warning! LOL!

LOL! Trust me I am with you there Vall. If you can find the courage to open the thread again do as it's a really great, if horrifying, story. I'm guessing it's a real pic of a spider that's been enlarged, I can't say for certain.

Oh come on Vall, where would be the fun in putting a Warning over it? If I had to go through that horror then everyone else will.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:59 AM
link   
John,

I started to say "You don't understand" , but maybe you do. When it loaded I FOR REAL AND LITERALLY jumped!

I'll go eat my Wheaties and see if I can get up the guts.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
John,

I started to say "You don't understand" , but maybe you do. When it loaded I FOR REAL AND LITERALLY jumped!

I'll go eat my Wheaties and see if I can get up the guts.

Trust me I did. As I said in an earlier post, I squeal like a little girl when I are around, I sweat and I get dizzy like I'm about to pass out. Thank God I don't live on my own, if I didn't have anyone around to take care of them I think I would've had a heart attack.

Look at another post I did yesterday, apparantly spiders might've been around before the dinosaurs. I'm convinced they are EVIL!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Yeah just try and make me throw up with that link there Mulberry

The first heading makes me laugh though ("How to identify a Spider"). Like you wouldn't #ing KNOW?!!!
# man have you seen some of those pictures?!!!

I dont need to SEE the pics.......... I've seen the evil bastards up close and presonal!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
spiders are completely innocent insects. They dont harm people in general although some have powerfull poison. They are amazingly build and have the capacity to make a web that looks like they have a degree in mathematics. They are also very usefull in nature when they keep certain other insects poluplations down..so dont be affraid of the spider. Even if its as big as in this fairytale.....

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
location of blood sucking spider? the ukraine....where in the ukraine? TELL ME!!!

there have been a lot of recent mutation sightings in the ukraine though....this is a zone 3 area affected from chenobyl believe it or not(does not mean this user will drop dead anytime in his predicted lifetime)
but anyways....i would really like to find out the location for this, this might be fiction, but fiction of this ilk is usually depicted from some1 claiming to have witnessed something on similar lines.
spiders in the ukraine sounds infantile though...it's too cold for the hairy buggers, all the same, i'm buying my very own .44 cannon the min. i turn 18, mutations r a very likely possibility here, yet the gvrnmnt doesnt wanna alert people since it would be too costly to immigrate 3million people... (we own a 12 gauge on the mantlepeice, and have had some disturbing accounts with a rabied deer recently

at any rate, would LOVE to know more on the location...i could even pay it a visit and give my own line of events

cordially
Cyrus.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It's creepy that most of these stories that he talks about took part not too far from where I am (in some cases TOO CLOSE!
)

These stories are entertaining, but they did a stupid mistake in one of them. The story with the werewolves and the soldiers is not possible. So don't be so afraid.

Originally posted by JediMaster
That direct link UP, do click on it! That pic made my heart jump outta my chest. God dammit and I love spiders,but not upclose like that.

Sorry Jedi. I didn't do it on purpose. I just tryed to help JN with the link.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Iam never getting in an elevator again! Holy shiate! I hate freaking spiders

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Ok, I'm going to relive one of my lifes worst nightmares for you guys enjoyments now, so enjoy.

When I was young I went to an Animal Sanctuary, a place with really cool animals we don't normally see here in the UK (there was a snake there that I wanted to adopt, it was HUGE but #ing cool.).

Over in one of the corners there was one of the animal handlers with a bunch of families so I went over to check out what was going on.
I asked what they were all talking about and the guy looked at me and grinned, then he said "I tell you what, out-stretch your hands together and close your eyes and don't open them until I tell you to". Being young and still very ignorant I did.
A few seconds passed and then he told me to open my eyes. As I did I saw the most horrifying sight that will live with me for the rest of my life, A GIANT #ING TARANTULA SITTING IN MY HANDS!!! I swear to God I nearly puked right there, or had a heart attack. # my body wanted to do something I wasn't sure of, but it wasn't good.
I didn't know what to do. My gut reactions told me to drop it but I was too frozen with fear (too much so to scream). The guy must have realised this and screamed "Don't drop it or it'll kill you", of course being young I believed him.
After what seemed like forever he removed it from my hands and everyone there at a good laugh at my expense.

I swear if I ever meet that bastard again I'll kill him.

My brother had a tarantula as a pet. I didnt mind it, but I hate small ones. They just freak me out. Cant imagine one that big in an elevator!

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by Kiwifish]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
just had a read of this read... a very fanciable story but just a story nonetheless. It is impossible for insects and spiders to grow much bigger than they are already for 2 very good reasons. 1, is the method of breathing which is vey inefficient for large creatures and 2. the exoskeleton of insects and spiders would not support their weight. Spiders feed by injecting their venom which turns internal organs into a kind of soup that can be sucked out so to say it drank the blood is plainly false.

A poisonous UK spider, a bit suspicous, specially the bit of blood everywhere, the largest spiders in the UK like the wolf spiders or cardinal spiders do have long fangs and having picked a few up in my time and watching them trying to bite me can confirm not one has pierced the skin yet, not saying they cant, they just havent. might have been one of them foriegn imports. but then again seen spider bites around the world and very few have bled immediately. some spiders cause ulcerations or blisters around the wound which can get infected causing them to bleed eventually.

Daddy Long legs. in UK and a lot of the northern hemisphere the daddy long legs is mostly reffered to to species, the crane fly or the harvestman. cranefly is a fly and not poisonous and the harvestman even though looks like a spider it is not, it is a member of the mite family. the Daddy long legs of Australia and Asia although said to be highly venemous, there has never been a case reported of one biting a human, yes it has short fangs so doubt it ever would be able to bite a human so put that down as a myth.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I used to be extremely afraid of spiders, until I bought
(what I believe was a Goliath Bird-Eating Tarantula). Charolette (the tarantula was 10 inches plus). After having this huge of a spider no other spider ever scared me again.
However, the spider in the story would scare the pants off me!
DAMN THAT'S A BIG SPIDER!!

It has me somewhat concerned.
I live in Nevada where they did nuclear testing.

"The Test Site, which is larger than Rhode Island, was home to more than 1,000 above and below ground nuclear weapons test between 1951 and 1992. It has a series of underground tunnels which have served as laboratories for many of the tests."
as quoted from the Las Vegas Sun Newspaper

Now we have some PRETTY wicked things running around this desert. Like... The Black Widow Spider, Tarantulas, Scorpians ect.... What if some of those were exposed to radiation, from the test site?

Wonders....if it could have been passed down, through generations of them? and so..on and so...on...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
That was a bad story..

with terrible inacuracies.. news spreading fast through the internet in 1990? Hmm seems to me the internet as we know it now, where news can spread fast wasn't "really" around till 95-96..

also I've never been in an elevator so huge that if someone took aim with a pistol, they could possibly miss something as huge as that spider was supposed to be. At most the tip of the gun will be a foot from the target assuming it's a dog sized target, to miss somethign that big, while aiming, at that range, is almost impossible.. wild random panic shots yes, but the story clearly states, that the officer was aiming. Sorry you're not going to miss a target twice from a foot away.

Also the sound, and flow of the story was similiar to what I and class mates wrote in the 5th and sixth grade. WHich is to say, suck.

I give that story a D-.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There was a New Tighlight Zone episode like this.
People were going missing in an abandoned warehouse, so these kids went in looking for some fun, they found masses of huge, dead, drained of blood rats and things.
They found out it was this mad scientists research lab.
They kept hearing things from upstairs.
Then the lift came down.
They went to it but couldn't see in, so they put the torch on, screamed and got dragged into the lift by this #ing huge spider.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a story like that scares the # out of me, like you John i too have aracnaphobia. I hope that story was an exaduration......

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Cool story, make you think twice about getting ina n elevator. That is if you hate em.....for you guys that really hate, like me, once I was working in the iI felt it] I raised my shirt up and a huge brown wood spider was looking me in the eye. Then he bit me and ran down my arm and up into a hole in the roof of the truck. I was traumatized for weeks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join