It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the scariest stories I've read: Along Came A Spider

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
This freaked me out like you wouldn't believe as I have the worst case of arachnophobia (I scream like a little girl when they're about
)
I pray that I never in my life come across something like this.

thomasslemen.tripod.com...

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by John Nada]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Is that what the film is based on?

The scariest book i have ever read was The Sentinel.

Flung the book across the room at one point!

Scared the livin' crap out of me!

Oh...arachnaphobia...with u on that one!

*rofl at JohnNada screaming like a girl*

No offence...just reminds me of something i saw on TV.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I feel very nervous now.

Direct link : Click

You found a good site. I'll show it to my wife.She even fear her own shadow.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the direct link UP. Yeah it is a great site, I'm going to one of his talks tonight.

It's creepy that most of these stories that he talks about took part not too far from where I am (in some cases TOO CLOSE!
)

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Is that what the film is based on?

The scariest book i have ever read was The Sentinel.

Flung the book across the room at one point!

Scared the livin' crap out of me!

Oh...arachnaphobia...with u on that one!

*rofl at JohnNada screaming like a girl*

No offence...just reminds me of something i saw on TV.

None taken, it's true.

Show me the biggest guy in the world and I'll take him on, but put a spider in front of me and I'll weep in the corner. My girlfriend just looks at me in shame when she sees how I react.

I have to explain "but you don't don't understand, they're EVIL!!!", but there is no way of talking myself out of it.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I will maintain till my dying day that the evil spider army is just waiting to take over the world.

They have EIGHT LEGS.............

and MORE THAN ONE PAIR OF EYES.................

and here in Australia a bite from a white tail spider will dissolve your flesh before it kills you.

They are satan spawn.

although dreaming of them usually indicates high creativity..........

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mulberryblueshimmer

They are satan spawn.

Couldn't agree more, something like them must be designed for evil.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I've heard a similar story about a spider that killed many people who stayed in a particular motel room somewhere.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   
That is simply

NASTY!

*runs for the hills*

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
John...be thankful i am 2000 miles away from u at the moment...i just looked at ur link pic!

My heartbeat just went up about 20 noches!!!!!

Grrr.....

MBS...i though that was the Brown Recluse?

Or is that Texas?

I hate them...what do they need all those legs for..knitting!!!!!

Ewwwww!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Ok, I'm going to relive one of my lifes worst nightmares for you guys enjoyments now, so enjoy.

When I was young I went to an Animal Sanctuary, a place with really cool animals we don't normally see here in the UK (there was a snake there that I wanted to adopt, it was HUGE but #ing cool.).

Over in one of the corners there was one of the animal handlers with a bunch of families so I went over to check out what was going on.
I asked what they were all talking about and the guy looked at me and grinned, then he said "I tell you what, out-stretch your hands together and close your eyes and don't open them until I tell you to". Being young and still very ignorant I did.
A few seconds passed and then he told me to open my eyes. As I did I saw the most horrifying sight that will live with me for the rest of my life, A GIANT #ING TARANTULA SITTING IN MY HANDS!!! I swear to God I nearly puked right there, or had a heart attack. # my body wanted to do something I wasn't sure of, but it wasn't good.
I didn't know what to do. My gut reactions told me to drop it but I was too frozen with fear (too much so to scream). The guy must have realised this and screamed "Don't drop it or it'll kill you", of course being young I believed him.
After what seemed like forever he removed it from my hands and everyone there at a good laugh at my expense.

I swear if I ever meet that bastard again I'll kill him.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
HOLY #!

*i would have jut rammed the damn thing down his knickers and taught the MF a lesson in humility*

My worst nightmare actually came true a few years months ago..i got bitten by a spider!

It was the day b4 i had to get my cat put down and when i went looking for him i put my socks and shoes on and went outside...around the back i felt something in my sock and when i pulled my shoe off i just saw this red stuff slowly covering my sock.
So..yanking it off i found this spider on my foot..fangs buried in my foot and blood going all ways!

So...3 hrs later i am in casualty on a IV for anaphalactic shock and hyperventilation!

Dont let anyone fool u...there is MANY poisonous spiders in britain!

*if u see one that has a black head and shiny brown/purply butt...KILL IT!!!!!*

I still have the scar!

Grrrr....down with spiders..down with spiders!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
That reminds me of when I was four or five years old and felt something crawling on my leg while I was in bed. I grabbed it and ran into the living room to tell my family I had caught something in my bed. Then I went into the kitchen and dropped it into the sink so that it wouldn't run away, and it turned out to be a medium sized black spider.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   

HOLY #!

*i would have jut rammed the damn thing down his knickers and taught the MF a lesson in humility*

My worst nightmare actually came true a few years months ago..i got bitten by a spider!

It was the day b4 i had to get my cat put down and when i went looking for him i put my socks and shoes on and went outside...around the back i felt something in my sock and when i pulled my shoe off i just saw this red stuff slowly covering my sock.
So..yanking it off i found this spider on my foot..fangs buried in my foot and blood going all ways!

So...3 hrs later i am in casualty on a IV for anaphalactic shock and hyperventilation!

Dont let anyone fool u...there is MANY poisonous spiders in britain!

*if u see one that has a black head and shiny brown/purply butt...KILL IT!!!!!*

I still have the scar!

Grrrr....down with spiders..down with spiders!

That's a horrible story Gryffin, I would've died of a heart attack. Thanks for telling me about the poisonous spiders in the UK, I really need that (you bastard!)

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I'm glad there are no poisonous spiders here in Finland.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
That direct link UP, do click on it! That pic made my heart jump outta my chest. God dammit and I love spiders,but not upclose like that.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
That direct link UP, do click on it! That pic made my heart jump outta my chest. God dammit and I love spiders,but not upclose like that.

LMFAO

No that isn't a nice way to arrive at the page at all...lol.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
*shudders uncontrolably*

I don't mind picking up British spiders and sending them out a window, but aaaargh that picture is awful.

I'm suddenly feeling itchy all over.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The funny part about this story is that Tom Slemen is a "famous" British author. He writes stories for a living.
Here are some of his other works.
Amazo n Books UK

Here's more on Tom.
Tom Slemen Shrine

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:18 AM
link   

MBS...i though that was the Brown Recluse?

Or is that Texas?

I hate them...what do they need all those legs for..knitting!!!!!

Ewwwww!

Yep that is texas not here. The condition is known as " necrotising arachnidism "

Aus probably has one of the highest concentrations of deadly animals and insects than almost anywhere

Australian Spiders

This is a list of the spiders here where I live that I generally deal with.......... deal with as in they leave me the # alone and I will leave them the # alone.

Mostly because they are venemous............ and evil

definately evil.

Anything that looks like that #ing thing HAS TO BE EVIL!!!!!!!!!

[Edited on 14-11-2003 by mulberryblueshimmer]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join