It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rods & Critters: A Lot Closer Than You Think

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Procedure to see critters by the naked eye (microbiologically):
Step 1: Go outside where it is one bright day (light all around you)
Step 2: Stare at the bright blue sky and concentrate
Step 3: You will then begin to be aware of small little white dots moving in all directions

I have done research about this phenomenon, I found that these small dots reside in the eye as white blood cells. Are they really white blood cells? Is there supporting medical documents? They look a lot like these:

And I'm trying to find a video that has a satellite camera zooming in on what appears to be ice crystals or shooting stars that are moving in all directions. It is a perfect example of what is sought out by this phenomena. Does anyone know the link to this video? Thanks.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out the "Greatest Story Ever Denied" video. The full 90 minute version has lots of good 'rod' footage and a decent explanation of the phenomenon. I'd link it here, but others have gotten their wrists slapped for doing so - you can find it without much effort online.

What I have not heard a good explanation about yet is those little 'feet' (for lack of a better term) on these things:

Some look like spirals or 'wings':

Heard a few ideas - but nothing definative...

[edit on 11/8/2006 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I believe that if you look into the blue of the sky, those little rod like wormies that you are talking about are your cells. You can actually see them if you pay attention. Your eyes can zoom in on the cells and they appear to move and swim. Now the rods that are cought on film I don't know what they might be.

Anyway, I believe that yes there are some Blob like creatures out in space. They are like jellyfish but of space. They seem to appear in lots of videos out there. Also, I believe that Space is teaming with life.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ok, so the cameras are capturing little things that are inside our eyes.
Did I get that wrong? It seems like thats what your saying...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I see those white things all the time but they are more clear then white. THousands of them swimming moving around in front of my eyes. I always wondered what they were.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I think that rods are like higher dimension birds that are just beyond our ability to see them. They sure move fast and come in a lot of different sizes from the vids I've seen so far.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Rods are insects caught within the time frame of an open camera shutter.

Case closed!

As for those white things when one looks up into the blue sky, to me they look like sperm swimming around. They could be eye floaters, but are they?
They seem to be alive and zig-zag and zip around, more so than a mere floater.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
If you haven't seen it yet, you should check out the "Greatest Story Ever Denied" video. The full 90 minute version has lots of good 'rod' footage and a decent explanation of the phenomenon. I'd link it here, but others have gotten their wrists slapped for doing so - you can find it without much effort online.

What I have not heard a good explanation about yet is those little 'feet' (for lack of a better term) on these things:

Some look like spirals or 'wings':

Heard a few ideas - but nothing definative...

[edit on 11/8/2006 by Outrageo]

Its just the wings of insects moving to fast to be captured accurately by the camera (at that shutter setting), not "legs". I remember videos demonstrating this on bees and reproducing identical "rods", its very obvious if you think on it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I also thought for a long time the insect scenario was the correct one, until I saw the clip with the Fox news interview in the "The Greatest Story ever denied" that "bug" is flying above the clouds, now I'm not so sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   
finally i know what they are now i always see them but the same as someone sed above they are more clear. but i would know the difference if i saw a ufo and these blood cells. it could help explain some sighting though.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
I also thought for a long time the insect scenario was the correct one, until I saw the clip with the Fox news interview in the "The Greatest Story ever denied" that "bug" is flying above the clouds, now I'm not so sure.

This is one of the examples that throws the "bug" explination out the window.
I recommend people look into this one, its really an amazing clip. The rod was estimated to be several hundred feet long id I remember correctly, and it whent through clouds.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   
With regard to Rods they best way to verify what these objects are is to illiminate the possible explanations put foward.
They are most certainly not insects,this is a complete falsehood,it has been proved time and time again with speed shutter variations,time lapse and digital video analysis by entymologists and the like.
The propaganda espoused by several government sponsered documentaries to debunk rods as insects was incredibly well done and fooled most,but the simple fact is on very low shutter speed,an insect is an insect and a rod is a rod.
Let me state again for those whose internal dialouges are murmmering dissent. Rods can be proved to be ,in a purely objective,impartial,scientific way NOT to be an insect of any kind.
Next ,let us take into account the truly unprecedented (estimated) speed of these objects.Some,in footage taken by weather sattelites have been seen to be traveling at incredible rates. They also ,it seems ,defy the known laws of physics as they inexplicably change mass as stop motion video analysis proves.They also vary greatly in length ,one recorded (and plotted on radar) in Russia was amost two miles long.
As for more earthly explanations to the Rod phenomena such as myopic floaters and the like,they simply do not stand up to scientific scrutiny and Rods remain completely unidentified.
Anyone who explains away these objects as insects ,has not fairly investigated the footage and is probably guilty of cynical prejudice rather than rational ,objective investigation.
Regards Karl

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
rods=insects

ive always hated this theory and never blieved they were bugs the program that was on about them fooled my familly into believeing they were bugs but not be. it another weather balloon explanation but it invloves insects instead of weather balloons

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged
Ok, so the cameras are capturing little things that are inside our eyes.
Did I get that wrong? It seems like thats what your saying...

Yes... you got it wrong.The little things that are inside your eyes are called cells. And if you look to the sky, or if you look to anything that might help you force or concentrate your vision, you will probably see these floating arround. Yes, this is true. Do not confuse the cells in your eyes with the Rods that are cought in film. They are totally separate things.

If your reasoning was as smart as your comment you might have understood what I was trying to say

And as for the Rods, I kinda suspect that they probably are real lifeforms that are jellyfish like, and llive in space and in the planet.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
You make a number of assertions in your post. I am interested in seeing some supporting evidence of your claims. EVERYTHING that I have discovered has demonstrated conclusively that rods are, in fact, insects. I have seen the videos of bees, locusts and houseflies that appeared to have the exact same appearance as the rods. If you have discovered something that counters this then by all means, please share this with the rest of the forum. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well, one thing's for sure: If they're insects, they're not from THIS planet. Some of the video clips I've senn show them moving at Mach 3 or Mach 4, easily screaming past jet aircraft on full throttle. Anyone care to speculate on what species of known insect is capable of such velocity? OK, so maybe they ARE from here, and we just never noticed them before??

Also some of the video footage shows these things making those jerky and abrupt turns similar to a few of the 'traditional' UFO clips we've all seen.

For several good quick examples of ROD video footage, surf on over to this commercial for a longer documentary:

Rod Film Trailer

Hey - and where were all these rods say, since '47? Seems like they just started showing up en masse with the last few years. AAAAARGGH - It's an INVASION!!! < just kidding
>

[edit on 11/9/2006 by Outrageo]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
NOO all of you got it it wrong if you think the rods are real. they've already proven and dicredited that these rods are nothing more than grasshoppers and moths traveling at high speeds and the camera makes there repeated wing interval give them that cuddle fish appearnece. trust me on this one. they even caught these so called rods in Japan by having nets and they turned out to be grasshoppers and moths. case closed

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Case closed?? Says who? You may be able to convince me some of the lower altitude rods are some type of insect (but not grasshoppers or moths, they don't look anything like that. But you will never cinvince me that a grasshopper can do mach 4 at 45,000 ft and pass a formation of jet fighters like they're standing still, then do several loops around them as well.

Some other unexplained phenomena, camera or lighting explanation: perhaps. But a tiny moth or lowly grasshopper - no way...

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
My understanding, as someone with increasing nearsightedness and abundant "floaters," and as explained to me by my ophthalmologist, is that "floaters" move with the movements of the eye ball rather than independently. They may seem to drift of their own accord at times slightly, due to changes in the vitreous humor and unintentional relaxation of eye position, but generally move when we move our eye ball. Conversely, something outside of the physical eye would be capable of moving independently of eye movement, and should have a far more diverse range of motion.

This isn't to say that everything in our field of vision that has a rational explanation has to move with the eye, though. There are, for instance, parasitic organisms that can be seen moving against one's field of vision in the eye. (There was even an episode of the popular television series "House" based on this, not too long ago lol.) This isn't intended to debunk anything, nor do I believe this is necessarily the explanation of the photographs and footage in question. This is merely an attempt at clarifying what "floaters" probably should and should not be expected to do, versus other objects with less easily explainable natures.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOne1989
NOO all of you got it it wrong if you think the rods are real. they've already proven and dicredited that these rods are nothing more than grasshoppers and moths traveling at high speeds and the camera makes there repeated wing interval give them that cuddle fish appearnece. trust me on this one. they even caught these so called rods in Japan by having nets and they turned out to be grasshoppers and moths. case closed

I'd like to see that your telling the truth, unfortunetly, your not backing up your claim with certifiable evidence. As for the critters, case is not closed, they exist in the sky and in space.

EDIT: The funny thing is. You can't even get links on google for these so-called Rods "and" Critters

[edit on 12-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join