It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Won Control Of The Senate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I just heard it on the radio. Looking for links...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hmm...yeah I think some news organizations have called Virginia for Webb, but there will be an automatic recount whose results may not be known until around Christmas.

So it ain't over yet!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sources that I read today said the same. The Dem's have both houses. God forbid that a Dem get's voted in as Prez in 2008. We've seen the disaster that can happen without the checks and balances in place.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Acording to ABC news and the AP reports,its over and Webb has won.Also Geroge Allen is going to concede the election sometime tommorow.In other words no recount,as Allen isnt asking for one.
News on this is currently on MSNBC and CNN as well.

Dems control House and Senate.
Now,does happy dance.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
It's just too bad that the American people did not win control of the Senate.
As long as Americans need politcal parties to tell them what to think and how to vote, the high and the mighty minority will retain control of the majority of WE THE PEOPLE. The powers that be continue to shove two parties down our throats so that we will think that we actually have a choice. We do not have a choice because the Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the SAME COIN. It is time that Americans rose up and took that coin and threw it into the river with the King's tea and pulled a shiny new coin out of our pockets to represent us. The old coin is tarnished and dull and no longer will purchase what WE THE PEOPLE need. It is too filled with graft and corruption and politcal backroom deals that benefit a few mighty and rich men at the expense of WE THE PEOPLE.

[edit on 11-8-2006 by groingrinder]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Also Geroge Allen is going to concede the election sometime tommorow.In other words no recount,as Allen isnt asking for one.

If true this is something I haven't heard yet, apparently the margin is within the area where under Virginia state law the state is required to conduct and pay for a recount, and I thought the Republicans were going to persue that route.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I guess you're right, dj. The final result could remain unclear for weeks...

BBC: Democrats 'win control of Senate'

Breaking News

The Democrats have taken control of the US Senate after winning the last undecided seat in the state of Virginia, US media are reporting.

The margin of victory is so small that a recount is possible, and the final result of the election could yet remain unclear for weeks.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You know, this would normally make me happy, as I'll choose
a liberal Democrat over a conservative Rpeublican anyday..

But with there seems to be (atleast for my taste) to many
conservative Democrats wh are really only Democrat in name,
and are no better than the Republicans they replaced.

Atleast maybe something good will come of having the lady
from San Fran. as speaker of the house.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Ok, well I guess you're right

He's giving his concession speech right now as I type this.

The Senate is gone...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The senate and the house are split now, as it should be in order to control things.

Looks like Bush's luck may have run out.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
From looking at Bush on televison, he does'nt look like a happy camper. I'm thinking that the dem's victory was a total shock to him. Last week he was so confident that the republicans would win the majority.

But I don't understand why it would be a shock. I guess he did'nt listen to anything the polls were saying.

I can't wait to see if he really means what he says about "working with the democrats". I mean they called him a liar, a warmonger, a criminal, etc. How's that going to work out?

[edit on 9-11-2006 by elaine]

new topics

top topics

join