It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potato 'foot-and-mouth' hits UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The world's most damaging potato disease has been discovered in Britain for the first time.
Ring rot has been described as the potato equivalent of foot-and-mouth, and government experts are meeting to discuss how to contain it.

Potato growers have pledged to contain and eradicate the outbreak, which was discovered at a farm in mid Wales.

It is thought the disease, which could seriously affect yields, was brought into the UK on infected Dutch seed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is very worrying. Although there hasn't been an outbreak yet I'm worried at the amount of scares with foods we've had over the last few years. I may be wide of the mark but I'm worried it may have something to do with GM foods.

I have seen signs posted on walls all over the place lately saying that GM foods are killing us, and that bacteria is rife in the air because of it or something. These are all spray paint signs everywhere, and there was a website address for the "revolution" as they put it. I'm going to try and hunt the site down now.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I've found the site here. I'm not sure what the deal is with it yet, check it out for yourselves.

www.stopbayergm.org...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Oh Brilliant!

Just what we needed...another outbreak in the UK!

I heard from a source that this is similar to the large outbreak there was in the 1940's?

I'll post more when i get info!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I look forward to hearing that. I'd like to know more about this.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It could be a couple of days/ a week b4 i can post it but if i find it i will u2u the link 2 u!

Kinda stuck in a sand storm at the mo!

Try looking for the Portna Down research lab...they normally keep tabs on outbreaks!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Damint i live in the uk aswell ....that means no more chip batches

Damn GM modified baloney

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Awww....no more tatties!

Chips...nah...not into!

Love a potato with cheese, coleslaw and lots of onions!

hmmm.....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Virus Info

Thats the Link for some info on the diffrent virus.

Its taken from some old notes i have from work placement in portna down so...hopefully it should help!

Enjoy!

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by Gryffen]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
No night on the piss is complete without a bag of chips or a kebab(and I can't handle them every time), I need my chips.

They just go with everything.

new topics

top topics

join