It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 presidential election, could be scary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I vote Republican, as they are the party closer to my values, although not 100% what I believe.

After the Democratic victories yesterday, the 2008 presidential race has begun.

Hillary Clinton as the president does not put me at ease.

Rudy Giuliani as president worries me.

But I just checked something out that has been bothering me all day.

I did a google searck on Barack Obama and found out he has a muslim background.

The people of this nation had better become aware of this fact awfully fast, as our freedom could be at stake.

www.google.com...

[edit on 8-11-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Dbrant even I agree with the candidates that will be for the democratic presidential elections not to be of my liking either.

That means only one thing for me, I will pick and chose as I see best for me in presidential elections.

As for Obama, he is And American muslin, Black American muslin is is not an Islamic radical Arab muslin.

Just remember that.

He is in America as a black American like any other American of any color he has the freedom of religion as per constitutional right.

Now I see him to young and inexperience for the presidency but I will vote for Collin Powers if he runs.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
he's not a muslim though

he is a member of the united church of christ

there is only one muslim in congressional history and he was elected last night
Keith Ellison

and, so what if he is a muslim?

i know plenty of muslims in the united states and all of the (with 1 exception) are rational human beings

why shouldn't we have a muslim president?

[edit on 11/8/06 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
he's not a muslim though

he is a member of the united church of christ

why shouldn't we have a muslim president?

He says he's a christian, but people have the capacity to lie.

Why shouldn't a muslim be president? It seems memories do not last long. The war on terror is against muslims.

I hope you are aware of the fact that muslims(who have an agenda) have snuck into this country. The U.S. is probably the last thorn in the Muslim plan to convert by force all nations to Islam. It's possible that the highest office in the land can be taken over by using our own democracy(muslim elected to the presidency)against us.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

As for Obama, he is And American muslin, Black American muslin

You seem to be suggesting that my problem with him is that he is black. I did not mention the color of his skin because that is not where I have a problem. Skin color is an external part of a person. But what someone believes in their heart and mind will determine who they are. It's his muslim background that has me very concerned.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The religion of a person doesn't, despite words to the contrary, define their character. Their actions define their character, nothing more, nothing less. Most Muslims are good lawabiding people; just as most Christians are good law abiding people. Ones religion has very little to do with ones character...

Barrack Obama is a good man. Is he Presidential material? I don't know...I'll have to hear more about and from him before I make my decision. Will I base my decision on what I think of his religion? Nope...not in the least. Is he a godfearing man? Maybe, probably, I don't care. Is he willing to do the right things to protect and defend the United States? Maybe, probably, that's what is important.

Muslim, Catholic, Christian, Jewish, Buddhist, Pagan, Hindu...It doesn't matter, and I don't care a whit. Can he do the job? Let's find out. If he can, he's got my vote. If he can't he won't get it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
You seem to be suggesting that my problem with him is that he is black. I did not mention the color of his skin because that is not where I have a problem.

I am hurt that you think of me like insinuationg something, that is not my point my point is that he if he is a black muslin he is no the same as an Arab muslin.

They are very distanced from the Islamic Arab mind set. That is what I mean, plus we have a very big Black muslin community of Americans that so far has no given us any problem with their religion.

Now if this was an American muslin with Arabs roots I will be the first one to be worry as hell.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
i recall hearing there was fear that JFK, being Roman Catholic would have his first allegience to the Pope & the Catholic Church.
And there were rumors & whisperings & gossips... and even failed attempts to derail his candidancy because of his religion...

this present 'Obama+is+a+muslim' idea seems to be in that same kinda category,

to me, him being Muslim is just another factoid which helps paint a picture of the man,
i look more at his works and behavior, political platform, stated goals as a glimpse into his character rather than a person's scars, warts or blemishes
one has acquired in their journey thru life...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
to me, him being Muslim is just another factoid which helps paint a picture of the man,

Exactly, this is my point. A point that is being lost.

Daniel 7:[23] Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Th antichrist devours the whole earth, except Edom and Moab(Jordan), even the U.S. is devoured.

Revelation 17:[12] And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
[13] These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

These 10 kings give their power and strength to the beast.

How could the U.S. fall? By having a muslim President.

p.s. I already know Barack Obama "says" he is a christian. People can lie! There is a word for it in Islam, but it escapes me right now. In Islam it is OK to lie if it furthers the muslim agenda.

Mark 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mark 13:[36] Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
[37] And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

posted by dbrandt

I vote Republican . . I just checked something that has bothered me all day. I did a google search on Barack Obama and found out he has a Muslim background. The people of this nation had better become aware of this fact, as our freedom could be at stake. [Died by Don W]

He has been in politics in Illinois for nine years before becoming a US Senator. Born in Hawaii, a graduate of Columbia. I don’t know where the Muslim connection is but in his Senate bio he says he is a member of the United Church of Christ. obama.senate.gov...
I think your concerns are misplaced, Mr Dbrandt. Relax.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

Exactly, this is my point. A point that is being lost.

Daniel 7:[23] Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Th antichrist devours the whole earth, except Edom and Moab(Jordan), even the U.S. is devoured.

Revelation 17:[12] And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
[13] These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

These 10 kings give their power and strength to the beast.

How could the U.S. fall? By having a muslim President.

p.s. I already know Barack Obama "says" he is a christian. People can lie! There is a word for it in Islam, but it escapes me right now. In Islam it is OK to lie if it furthers the muslim agenda.

Mark 13:6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Mark 13:[36] Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.
[37] And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

first of all, there is no precept in islam of lies to further islam

secondly, even if there was, you have provided 0 evidence as to how obama is a muslim aside from "he could be a liar"

thirdly, you haven't proven the harms of him being a muslim
we aren't at war with islam, we are at war with TERRORISM, which is a tactic, not a group

oklahoma city bombings, home grown terrorism
abortion clinic bombings, tend to be christian terrorists

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite

I don’t know where the Muslim connection is but in his Senate bio he says he is a member of the United Church of Christ. I think your concerns are misplaced, Mr Dbrandt. Relax.

The muslim connection comes from his father and grandfather and probably backwards from them. His stepfather was a muslim. The article I read said he himself attented a muslim school for 2 years.

Have you ever told a lie?

Of course everyone has. So my concerns are his background in Islam. Remember September 11th and who did the damage. Remember the damage done.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   

secondly, even if there was, you have provided 0 evidence as to how obama is a muslim aside from "he could be a liar"

we aren't at war with islam, we are at war with TERRORISM, which is a tactic, not a group

Yes there is, I'll try to find out what the proof is. I'm pretty sure there is a term used and a Koranic verse used to support lying.

www.answering-islam.de...
I'm still looking for a certain word that I don't think is in this article.

You need to click on the google linkin my first post and read to find out he has a connection to Islam.

Of course we are at war with Islam, nobody can say that who is in a position of power, because we are afraid of not being politically correct and it would also further inflame the Islamic world.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted by dbrandt

Of course we are at war with Islam, nobody can say that who is in a position of power, and it would also further inflame the Islamic world. [Edited by Don W]

That's plainly crazy! Where do you hear this crapola? Pat Robertson? James Dobson? No one outside the ultra right wing types believe that or repeat it.

Get a Life! Here's the source of this problem.

God told the Jews they were the Chosen People.

God told the Christians that Jesus was the Messiah.

God tod Mohammad that he was the Last Prophet.

Go figure.

[edit on 11/10/2006 by donwhite]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yes there is, I'll try to find out what the proof is. I'm pretty sure there is a term used and a Koranic verse used to support lying.

www.answering-islam.de...
I'm still looking for a certain word that I don't think is in this article.

You need to click on the google linkin my first post and read to find out he has a connection to Islam.

Of course we are at war with Islam, nobody can say that who is in a position of power, because we are afraid of not being politically correct and it would also further inflame the Islamic world.
[edit on 10-11-2006 by dbrandt]

alright
we are at war with a RELIGION
that's even dumber than being at war with terrorism
not that terrorism isn't bad, it's just that terrorism is a tactic
a religion is a philosophy
this country espouses freedom of RELIGION
therefore, we cannot logically be at war with a religion without the leadership being eligible for impeachment

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Dbrant even I agree with the candidates that will be for the democratic presidential elections not to be of my liking either.

You mean the Dems might put forth a completely unpalletable candidate for Pres? No way....

As for Obama, he is And American muslin, Black American muslin is is not an Islamic radical Arab muslin.

Just remember that.

Obama has a white American mother and a black Kenyan Father. Arguably, I don't think he qualifies as an "African American" in terms of a shared culture with everyone else.
Also he's not Muslim. Also, The fact that we don't know anything about him because he's so new should disqualify him immediately.

He's young still, let's get to know him a little better before we give him the keys to the house, OK?

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Dbrandt, your attempts to vilify Islam are ridiculous. Religion doesn't create crazies, crazies use religion to justify craziness. There is a difference.

Aside from the fact that we are NOT at war with Islam, but rather fundamental wackos, Mr. Obama is not Muslim.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not wanting to promote or demote any particular religion I think I'll judge the candidates on what they say and do not where they worship. But there was an interesting side issue. Jihad vs US. Fundamentalism vs. Gobalization. Looking at all the negatives associated with globalization what a few radical muslims do may be the least of our worries. As was pointed out we are not at war with Islam but rather Terrorists.

new topics

top topics

join