It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Americans Actually Care About The Iraqi People?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I agree with thebox.
Wether they care about the iraqi's or not, most americans still don't see what's really going on.

It's all one big circus!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
For the most part Americans are quite self-centered and basically only care about things that directly affect them.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The majority of the soldiers there are conciously serving a hidden agenda? What agenda would that be? NWO? the Illuminati? Halliburton? Please. Most of these men and women are the best that America has to offer...brave, smart, and honorable.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Like others, I can only speak for myself, but yes I do care.

Above and beyond all other reasons the coalition forces went into that country, this war ended up being about the attempt to bring a form of democracy and some well earned liberation to these people who had for decades been living under a dictatorship and were subject to mass slaughter, rape and torture for simply being a member of a particular ethnic group.

I mean really, is there anyone out there that actually thinks that if Saddam was not been removed from power that he would have one day woke up and "seen the light" and decided that he needed to change his ways, take a new path in life, start gardening and thinking about retirement? To him and his the UN resolutions were only ink on paper and nothing more, probably less. He knew that he had a damn good chance survivng out the resolutions because he had been doing it for 16 years. A lack of repercussion and action from the international community showed him that no one was going to do anything about his disregarding the whims of the UN. Through inaaction the world as a whole were responsible for enabling Saddam to become what he was.

And to address the WMD excuse most use to justify persecuting the coalition forces and their respective governments for comitting to war to enforce the flaccid UN resolutions:

Saddam Hussein himself, his thoughts, his actions, his desires and his rule was a WMD in and of himself. He didnt need nuclear or biological weapons to be a threat to the region. He and those like him were doing a pretty efficient job of mass destruction all on their own.

Like I said, speaking for myself only.....

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Seagull, your completely right.

Look at this:
Iraq for Sale

The people have good intentions, but the government has it's agenda.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The majority of the soldiers there are conciously serving a hidden agenda? What agenda would that be? NWO? the Illuminati? Halliburton? Please. Most of these men and women are the best that America has to offer...brave, smart, and honorable.

Sorry, I didn't say consciously. I just think it's an appalling state of affairs and there is more to it than meets the eye. There's no question in my mind that these men are brave. A friend of mine was in the British army until he learned of a possible assignment in Iraq, he went AWOL! It's scary stuff.

With regards to your Illuminati reference, remember Iraq was once Babylon.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It is dependant on the person. That is the simplist answer. And I can say with no hesitation that peoples in the UK may get the numbers more often but more then likely you have those that care about the people and do not care about them. Same as in the U.S.

Some could give a [snip] about the peoples of Iraq, some care quite a deal for them. It is the same for both our countries.

Because the UK has more mention of the civilian death does not mean that they care more or that we care less.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Let me start off my statement by saying that the original question is empty, politically correct doublespeak. In all honesty, I don't think the Iraqis care if we "care about them". The statement about Americans not "caring" about the Iraqis is rediculous, do we sit at home and cry about how bad the Iraqis have it? No, but we do send our sons and daughters over there to die for their freedom.

What do you even mean when you say that I don't care about the Iraqis? That I don't care about their feelings? That I'll support a war even though it makes little Iraqi babies cry? This is rediculous.

The fact of the matter is that no one cares about the Iraqis feelings because we're too focused on giving them their freedom and autonomy. If we were worried about their feelings we would've sent our troops in wearing Mickey Mouse ears followed by a platoon of balloon sculptors and a marching band.

Do I "care" about the Iraqis? Honestly, No. I couldn't give two craps how Abdul Hameed of Baghdad feels about all this. I care more for my friends in uniform who're over there dodging enemy bullets.

Do I care for Iraq as a whole? Yes. I believe every person in every nation should have the right and ability to choose their own government and participate therein. I believe all governments should be held accountable by their people and no one should be above the law.

Do I want the Iraqis the enjoy the freedom and prosperity we have here in America? Hell yes! If the whole world could enjoy the quality of life that we have here the world would be a much nicer place to live in to say the least.

We've spent millions of dollars on Iraq. We've lost our sons and daughters. We have average American teenagers signing up to go over there and help. We've done more to try and help Iraq than the rest of the world combined in the past 100 years!

But you want to throw all that away because the average American citizen, who couldn't give a crap about the feelings of their neighbors, doesn't care about the Iraqi's feelings.

It's either feelings or freedom, feelings be damned!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Shadowflux. You've said all that need be said. Enjoy your brand new sparkly Way Above award winging its way to you.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
Why are they REALLY there?

Well, most will argue that it's all about the oil. I don't completely disagree with that statement. I think that given the situation currently, part of it is about oil.

I think rather than have China,"the sleeping giant," make a move towards the oil reserves of Iraq first,America preempted them. Right or wrong, I think that is what George W.Bush elected to do.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
take it from the source; the majority of americans (and other westerners, to a lesser extent) are selfish people.

Americans are some of the most generous people on the planet. Your statement makes me sick. We give our time, money and even our life blood to help each other and people all over the planet, even those who live all the way on the other side of the world (Tsunami victims for example).

Originally posted by Strangerous
Do Americans actually care about the Iraqis? -

I do. Absolutely. That's why I supported America, and the Coalition, going into Iraq to be rid of a tyrant that had been mass murdering them for decades. They are being given a new chance. A fresh start. It could be a wonderful thing for them.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Do I care about the massive death toll of Iraqi citizens or the casualties of coalition troops? No. Because war creates both, war is meant to destroy something. War is painful, miserable, and the greatest manifestation of the dark soul of humanity.

What I regret was that the whole g*d damned stinking war was started in the first place, for dubious reason. What I regret is that there was no strong opposition to the war in America when we desperately needed the spirit of dissent the most. What I regret is the stupid democrats, a horrible pox upon them for their lack of any scrutiny, opposition, or rallying their own forces to dispell an illusion of totaly complicity of everyone in the government. I regret the inaction of the world to actually rally and produce a stronger opposition to Bush and Blairs plans by uniting and doing stuff like embargos. Instead they whined about it like little punks, beyond their yapping, didn't do a damn thing to more forcefully protest it.

So the only thing I really regret was that the war was started in the first place. Because of the nature of war, war should only be fought if you are damn sure of your objective and willing to pay the price. Oil or liberation of a people who have no desire for democracy are not justifiable reasons to go play soldier and ruin alot of life.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
No i dont think that MOST americans care about iraq's people. As long as its nto happening to them, they are fine. Otherwise i think most of them would be looking for sites like ATS trying to make a difference or learn something. Not saying that you have to have the internet to care about foreigners..but mostly likely if you ask someone if they cared for Iraqis they would just say 'i feel bad for them, that bush needs to send our troops home' I for one do care.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
All deaths are bad in this war but the deaths of the Iraqis hurt me more, but the Iraqis did nothing to deserve this other than have a dictator ruthlessley murder many of them and not just the #ees and Kurds like some people believe but alot of his own people the Sunnis supported by the U.S U.K supplied with cemical weapons by us. But they had the best healthcare system in the middle east and alot of people had happy lives, no one has a happy life there, is it all worth it? To try and spread democracy when your government barley follows it itself is so hypocritical it hurts me as a Brit, does it hurt you as Americans??

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Liberal - (off topic) was Iraq (under Sadamm) in violation of UN resloution 1441?

How many additional resolutions did Saddam ignore?

Should the US appeased Sadamm?

Back on topic -

There was a statement made about the 'heavy losses' substained by US forces.

Not to belittle the sacrifices some have made but after 3 years less than 3,000 have been killed.

What other major conflict has the 'death toll' been so low?

D-Day was heavy losses

Iwo Jima was heavy losses

Vietnam was heavy losses

Iraq is not.

Ram

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What I really think:

It's always, and somtimes interresting to know what other people think...
Thinking is - What makes things happend.

They make think-tanks - all over the world - In companies and industrial management. To - collect all ideas and possebilities - Like the Northwood documents was just another one of those ideas.

What I think - Does the Amnerican's really care. Offcourse they do. Unless you are designed to not care.

On different levels there is allways a consideration for outcome of an "Action"

I think they want to thin out the population in those areas. That will make way for a new system. A new Order. - Or atleast a NEW-SOMTHING - Maybe a new age.

Soon after all these population reduction programs has ended - The involved areas - the ruins - the broken land - Should be rebuild... From scratch.

It's like when you clean the cardboard In classrooms. To make ready for new teacher to come in and draw on the Cardboard.

That is what i Think is happening.

I can't tell If that is what is going to happend - But It looks like it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

by Ram:
What I really think:

It's always, and somtimes interresting to know what other people think...
Thinking is - What makes things happend.

They make think-tanks - all over the world - In companies and industrial management. To - collect all ideas and possebilities - Like the Northwood documents was just another one of those ideas.

What I think - Does the Amnerican's really care. Offcourse they do. Unless you are designed to not care.

On different levels there is allways a consideration for outcome of an "Action"

I think they want to thin out the population in those areas. That will make way for a new system. A new Order. - Or atleast a NEW-SOMTHING - Maybe a new age.

Soon after all these population reduction programs has ended - The involved areas - the ruins - the broken land - Should be rebuild... From scratch.

It's like when you clean the cardboard In classrooms. To make ready for new teacher to come in and draw on the Cardboard.

That is what i Think is happening.

I can't tell If that is what is going to happend - But It looks like it.

Ram, You are right on top of it.
Hopefully more people will relize this soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
We only put our lives, on the line, as a sacrifice for their freedom and liberty by;
Getting them free elections...
Getting them water when terrorists contaminated and destroyed their sources...
Returned electicity when terrorists attacked their power supplies...
Gave them medical supplies my the hunfreds of skids, while teaching them how to use and pack said supplies for their use, correctly...
Allowed them to train along side our forces, for their benefit, so they could take back and keep their nation...

Just to name a few things we have done.

So you tell me, do we care.

With all do respect, I belive that was the premise to war - with the end goal to control the oil fields. Not for the money, but for the security of continuing to revolve the world economy around this fossil (no pun intended) fuel/resourse, for intent of maintaining geo-political dominance.

So my answer is NO. - Although most of us have some humanity and do care about people, that was not the reason for war. And if it was, we were in the wrong country, because Sudan should be a much higher priority based on the human suffering factor.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I personally could not care less about the iraqi people. I know most average americans could not give 2 craps what the iraq citizens are going through.

just cause they trained along usa military, doesn't mean the troops care about them either. troops just follow orders.

i care more about the american troops who are getting bombed and killed, then some stupid iraqis.

Ram

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Spawwn - People like you makes me mad.

congratulations.

So many of you.

You earn a medal - You have served your Homeland well today.

-----------------------------------------
Rock the world - kill some stupid Iraqis...

-----------------------------------------
These times are SO dark - Yet lighten up by neon lights in the streets.
The blue screens shine into the blinded and perfect people - learning right from wrong on their television.

There is no discussion - Cause you seems to behold the truth.
Cause some camera-man filmed an event - that unfolded on a stage.
You believe (everything) you see on TV.

Clip it, and add some messages - Is the art of making films.
Put wrong background music on it - And you have a whole new meaning.

How do we know what is right for a scene?

That is story-telling
You are being told a story - Repeated many times.

So powerfull - That no normal mind can't cope with it... There is discussion where we doubt the leaders idea of development. This is a discussion about our denial of a world of hope for the future (as always)...

But this time...

There is no discussion - only - Either you are with us or against us...

It's war - your right...
Bless the war...

May the winds of void awaken your mind.
or somthing.
good luck.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Ram]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join