It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My meeting with Christ and test against Satan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well, for me it seems rational that it came from God. I haven't had any reason to question it yet. I live by the law "Innocent until proven guilty." That includes experiences that we've had. I had a feeling that a figure was Christ and that another was Satan. Until proven otherwise, I'll continue with that theory. I certainly can't deny that these experiences happened. Is it possible there's another explanation? Sure. I've heard a lot of ideas, but none of them fit right, except the idea it came from God. I know how I felt and continue to feel about it, and I see no reason why that should change. We're all entitled to our opinions though.

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It's been awhile since this thread has been discussed. I'm curious as to whether anyone has anymore information to add to the discussion. You can also put posts to related threads that have been going more recently. This is just a topic that really has me going. I'd like to stay posted on related information where it is available. I'll also be putting up a list of books that I've read recently which have helped me come to a better understanding about my own situation and I'll tell you folks some more. I plan on writing a book of my own, but it will likely be some time before it is published as my life is sort of in a hectic stage right now.

posted on Jul, 19 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen
Lol! I've never been called that before! Could you tell me more about these validation tests?

Whoa, I'm slow getting back to this question, I apologize. Certainly, whenever something happens to a believer that seems beyond the normal laws of physics/biology or such, the first thing we try to do is explain why it wasn't real. We use excuses such as: 1.) I was really tired at the time 2.) I must have been stressed and hallucinating 3.) Maybe I wanted something to happen subconciously therefore I saw it, etc.

Paul tells us to "Test everything". ATS is a good grounds for doing so because it gets scrutinized from many sides. People will throw out "what if's" others will question and finally you have hecklers who don't believe anything anyone says thereby finding joy in tearing other people down to make themselves feel better about whatever troubled situation their life is in. I'm making generalizations of course as we have a piece of these in all of ourselves at times.

How then do you litmus test? There are many different ways, but here are a few that have helped me:

1.) "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world." - 1 John 4:1-3

It's a hard read and took me some time to make sense of it, but it does in fact work.

2.) Ask "Does the information you've received contadict scripture?" You're answer will be either - yes, no or I don't know. If yes, you're being misled. If no or I don't know, then you have to do further digging.

3.) Prayer. Ask God to validate what happened, help see it for what it is or help understand. He will. He's the God of clarity, not a deceiver who delights in our sufferings.

4.) Fellowship. A bit of what you're doing here. Asking others about their experiences as believers to see if it verifies. I know your experiences were valid because they match my own before you knew what mine were.

5.) Experience. Does this information match what you've come to know and feel as a believer?

6.) New info. Have you learned something you could not have possibly "taught yourself"? Have you realized a good that you were previously blind to?

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if I should clarify or even answer the questions here. It may be of help to others as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey. Thanks for the feedback, even if it did come a little late. I appreciate your views.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join