It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inborn Hoaxes: Spoon bending and Psi-Wheels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Alright folks. I don't wanna discredit anyone so this pertains to a generality. Let's face it. Spoon bending? C'mon. It's too easy to bend a spoon with your hands. Heat it up enough and it becomes even more pliable. Uri Geller was outed a few years back as a hoaxer. The story goes that he was backstage heating the spoons and when he went to perform all he did was rub at the handle spot that would bend (Also the thinnest part of the spoon) until he created enough heat from friction to cause it to go limp due to the weight of the bowl end. Then as the wieght brought the spoon to bend he held his head as though he were concentrating. Besides that, That's about, ABOUT all he would do. Bend spoons. As far as spoon bending goes, someone bend the end of the spoon that holds food or make the prongs of a fork go every which way.
Now for psi-wheels. Ask this question: Why use materials that are light weight and easily moved by air, like paper or foil? Try using balsa wood. Sure it's light but it's heavier than paper and I'm fairly certain that if it does spin,you can rule out the possibilty of warm updrafts generated by your hands. A true test would also be if no one ever folded any of these items. Let them lay flat. Causing something to move when there is no friction is going to be easier than when there is friction. The less variables you have the more certain of your potential TK skill you can be.
Again; Not saying what's on the videos and what people claim isn't what's going on. I 100% beleive in all Psi ability. But we should all be certain. And that means that the usual tests are going to have to change. We need to get rid of any possible reasons for critisism.

By the way, psi wheels underneath something don't count either. Heat can still pass through glass and plastic.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What about the next video? It's not spoonbending, much harder

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
From what I've seen and heard, Psi wheels aren't to prove anything, they are a training device. Reason why they use paper or tinfoil as a starter is because they are easyer to move. Wind and vibrations are one factor that could move these things indeed, but wind and vibrations would rather tend to make the piece of paper vibrate or blow of.

The people I've seen use it for psi training made it turn left and right at will.

I've seen plenty of people go beyond that and start moving pens, screwdrivers and such afterwards too.

The spoonbending I have no frigin clue about, no idea whats so special about it.

Also, what your saying about Uri, wouldn't heating the spoon untill its hot enough to bend because of weight and then rubbing the heated parts burn his fingers? /me don't get that explination. Neither do I get whats special about bending spoons though.

There's no doubt in my mind that human beings have the capacity to do extra ordinary things and really move things with their minds without touching them, or exerting way more physical impact to an object without having the physical caracteristics to do so.

I am however uncertain about the thousands of kids that watched to much Dragonball and think they are paranormaly gifted somehow because they think they can move things with their minds or imagine they create ki balls.

[edit on 9/11/06 by thematrix]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ki and Psi IMO are different. One is energy from the body. The other is control from the mind. Uri Geller could have placed a protective chemical on his fingers. I only mention what the report about him being hoaxer said.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freebrain
Ki and Psi IMO are different. One is energy from the body. The other is control from the mind.

And how does the will of the mind get forced upon objects outside of the mind?

By the use of energy that is secreted by your nerves, or at least, thats the standing theory. So, if you think about it that way, they aren't really that different.

new topics

top topics

join