It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traditional tory values?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A tory councillor (a minor elected official) has been suspended from the party for this 'poem' being circulated in her name and her email address.

The poem in the forwarded e-mail, which is sent on from Mrs Bland's account with the message 'Oh yes! Ellie', ends with a picture of the white cliffs of Dover and the words "piss off - we're full".

Tory suspended over racist e-mail

Mrs Ellie Bland said her husband had sent the poem
A Conservative parliamentary hopeful has been removed from the list of candidates and suspended from the party over the forwarding of a racist e-mail.

The Illegal Immigrants Poem, sent from Wiltshire town councillor Ellenor Bland's e-mail address, jokes in a mock foreign voice about welfare claims.

She has been suspending pending a full investigation by Conservative HQ.

Liberal Democrat campaigns chairman Edward Davey, who wrote to the Conservatives and Commission for Racial Equality, said: "It is totally unacceptable for elected representatives to be distributing this kind of material.

"Racism has absolutely no place in British politics and I am asking the CRE to advise on what further action can be taken."

A Conservative spokeswoman said: "We disassociate ourselves entirely from the sentiments in the e-mail."

Mrs Bland told the BBC it was her husband who had forwarded the e-mail, adding: "I'm not a racist.
It was forwarded on by my husband, who took it in the form that he thought it was sent and that was a light-hearted view, which, again, anybody broadly thinking would not have made anything out of it, as has been made to be at this present time."
She added that "apart from clocking my husband around the ears, there's not a lot I can do about it".

Asked why the poem singled out Pakistanis and turban-wearers and talked about the "white man race" if it was not racist, she added: "I didn't write it ... We do have friends of all kinds - we actually have German in-laws.

Who said the old tory crowd had given up their traditional values?

I wonder what this has to do with Cameron's "let the sunshine win" vacuous dross?

No wonder there has been a lot of comment about how useless Cameron's 'A' list selection policy has been and how local tory associations are just ignoring the attempt to get a more representitive, up to date and generally 'tuned in' array of party candidates.

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.guardian.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 8-11-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
"traditional values"?

hmmm, Enoch views were not really the parties traditional value

this little incident, is not really a reflection on the whole party..

whereas the majority are the Labour party are down the police station discussing cash-for-peers

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Enoch views were not really the parties traditional value

- Oh come on infinite don't be so coy.

The 'traditional' tory right-wing outlook has always excused and made room for those people who regularly embarrass the party (so we are told) by coming out with such nonsense, wouldn't you say?

(you have got to love the local party exposés we occasionally get, they're almost as damning as the BNP ones
)

You should have heard the young Conservatives in their day.....so outrageously right-wing and offensive and full of this kind of cr@p that even Normo Tebbs had them closed down when he was tory party chair.

It really isn't so new or much of a shock now, come on be serious, hmmmm?

this little incident, is not really a reflection on the whole party.

- Well that would be so if it were an isolated case but it isn't is it?

It's a regular procession of these supposedly (you forgot to say the other usual excuse) "isolated" and " little incidents" every so often that paints the picture so accurately.

whereas the majority are the Labour party are down the police station discussing cash-for-peers

- Being questioned just like ex-tory leader Michael Howard et al IIRC.

Let's just see if there are any charges at the end of all this, eh?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
When i saw this on the news i could not help laughing.

You see,according to the councilor,it was her husband who had "accidentally" sent this E mail to a Lib Dem MP....from her Email account,while she was in London.

Yeah right...accidentally indeed.
Sounds like a case of "cheesed off husband who wants to get his wife back for something" to me!

The councilor also said that lots of MPs had been sending the same poem to each other,without getting busted.

Good to know our tax is being spent wisley by our elected officials,yet again...

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
The councilor also said that lots of MPs had been sending the same poem to each other,without getting busted.

- Now that would make for interesting reading; I wonder if we'll ever find out which saddo MP's send this kind of cr@p to each other and quietly enjoy a little low-level racism......behind their electorate's back?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly sminky,
Its all about "getting away with it" in our current governmental climate...
How sad and dishonourable it has all become.

top topics

join