It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats circle of poverty and crime

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Now my question will be What democrats are going to do with the power and how they plan to fix America and Iraq.

That is my question now and I will be as hard on them as I was on the GOP when they were holding the congress.

A lot of voters will be watching very closely the new Congress and they will be very critical if things do not get better.

Democrats have never fixed anything in the past what makes you think that is going to change?

However they are good at making things much worst, but when they do you know who will get the blame don’t you.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

One of the reasons you don't see many complains (not that it wasn't any) is because the GOP thought that they had the elections on their pockets and the results has gotten many by surprised.

But wait! I thought that that what you posted was the exact reason democrats used to complain about the 2000 and 2004 elections. Can't have it both ways now can we? Sore losers, or sore winners. One way or another it seems the democrats are always sore.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper

Democrats have never fixed anything in the past what makes you think that is going to change?

OK I guess is your personal opinion and we all have the right to voice our own views but . . .

You don't see anything wrong with the state of affairs of our nation right now under 6 years of GOP control? I mean the entire government from congress to president was Republican.

What did they do? you think that everything was peachy under them?

Illegal and expensive war, outragous deficits, borrowing from third world countries.

China now the second in the line after Japan saturating our markets with cheap goods make in sweat shops.

Goods from third work country children.

While forgotting about domestic issues like health care,education an the inability to
deal whit natural disasters.

Giving tax brakes to corporations so they can keep outsourcing middle class jobs and oil companies so they can keep their record making profits and turning a blind eye when they were gauging the public.

Please tell me.

And Remember that when it comes to poverty in our nation both parties has not done anything but giving hand outs but for some reason in the last 6 years of the GOP the perpetuation of division of classes was enhanced with the incredible outsourcing of middle class jobs and the raised of low minimum wage ones, to claim that we have job grow.

That is deceiving our nation is in crisis economically and that is a fact no matter how well the markets thanks to the GOP are doing for wealthy corporations and wealthy Americans.

I see that as a perpetuation of division of classes.

I see ever day what out sourcing is doing to small towns all over America including the one I live in where three major sources of middle class income has gone out of the US in the less than two years.

But guess what we got job grow in the town thank to Wal-Mart and the replacement of jobs with minimum wage ones.

That is deceiving.

The overall economy in the US is in crisis.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
What a tittle for a thread!

I dont know what Democrats you're referring to, What did the GOP do to fix poverty and crime?

Just what have they done for any American????? Except send them to a war to lose their lives over nothing?

The title of this thread is very inflamatory. And childish.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

But wait! I thought that that what you posted was the exact reason democrats used to complain about the 2000 and 2004 elections.

I don't know Centurion I voted Republican in 2000 so I would had careless about anything but see Bush win, even when I knew that Florida was a bit shady. But it wasn't my winner nor my choice that lost at the time.

After Iraqi fiasco and knowing that it was going to turn into a mess I could not handle the lies so I turned around and voted Democrat in 2004.

Yes too many inconsistencies about the voting machines and was nothing that any democratic voter will like to see.

Even in this elections voting inconsistencies were problem but No in the numbers that we had back in 2004.

And yes you are right We can not have it both ways.

I guess when in a Democratic nation people do not feel that their votes counts one way or the other it's clear sign that the Democracy may be in trouble.

And I still stand by that argument. Our government system is corrupted and broken.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

guess when in a Democratic nation people do not feel that their votes counts one way or the other it's clear sign that the Democracy may be in trouble.

Perhaps that is the root of the misunderstanding..

We are NOT a democracy, never have been..

The United States is a Representative Republic

That can cause some confusion, but it is a fact no less.

Semper

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

The United States is a Representative Republic

That can cause some confusion, but it is a fact no less.

Semper

Oh, I do understand our dying republic and that has been in trouble a long time ago.

But when governments and political parties keep telling us that we are a democracy I guess people including me can not stay away from the tagging.

But I still like to see individual state taking matters in their own hand at the ballot and challenge the federal government when it comes to issues that are important to them in their states but not in important for our representatives in Washington.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
We dont live in a Democracy- We just like to spread it

and shove it down people's throats around the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
dg

I guess that is the reason our governments elects loves using the Democracy line so is easier for the rest of the people to understand why they seem so in the right to enforce it into the people we liberate, occurs if they survived the liberation and their nations are still standing.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What a tittle for a thread!

I dont know what Democrats you're referring to, What did the GOP do to fix poverty and crime?

The Democrats that control most large cities,

The welfare hellhole that is wrapped around large cities throats and gobbling up suburbs and turning them into slums is a local issue, the feds can’t just walk in and clean house, cities are sovereign entities within State jurisdiction, and even Governors have limited powers over them.

Local politics unlike national politics over the last thirty years has been and remains the domain of Democrats.

The Democrats have screwed up the cities letting poverty and crime permeate into surrounding neighborhoods and turning them into slums. Nothing republicans can do in a democrat controlled city.

Just what have they done for any American????? Except send them to a war to lose their lives over nothing?

Obviously not everyone believes in fighting for America, or democracy---or whatever you wish to call it.

The title of this thread is very inflamatory. And childish.

The title is dead on and on target.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

OK I guess is your personal opinion and we all have the right to voice our own views but

I don’t waste time with personal opinions it’s a fact that is easy verified for those who want the facts that is.

You don't see anything wrong with the state of affairs of our nation right now under 6 years of GOP control? I mean the entire government from congress to president was Republican.

America has the strongest economy ever, and we are doing are part---the lions share of keeping terrorism from spreading.

The only people who abject to that are well those who are the enemy and those that sympathizes with them.

What did they do? you think that everything was peachy under them?

The republicans did more than most people will ever appreciate---but Americans tend to be spoiled and many didn’t get the personal attention, like wiping their noses and their butts, but the republicans did what they could.

Illegal and expensive war, outragous deficits, borrowing from third world countries.

That’s what Saddam said.

China now the second in the line after Japan saturating our markets with cheap goods make in sweat shops.

Some people would rather have a job so that they could put food on the table, if they have to sweat a little most don’t mind---beats starving to death.

Goods from third work country children.

I worked all my life from the time I was 8 years old, I didn’t have time to paint graffiti and rob the elderly because I was busy working---helping out the family, I was in poverty until I joined the army at seventeen.

God forbid we let our children get their hands dirty---best they roam the neighborhood looking for trouble

While forgotting about domestic issues like health care,education an the inability to
deal whit natural disasters.

Again democrats screwed up, the state had a democrat mayor and the city had a democrat. The state and the city are sovereign the feds can’t come in unless invited. And I guess the people who refused to leave should have been shot?

Giving tax brakes to corporations so they can keep outsourcing middle class jobs and oil companies so they can keep their record making profits and turning a blind eye when they were gauging the public.

You are right we should do like the democrats and tax the corperations out of business or run them out of the country

That is deceiving our nation is in crisis economically and that is a fact no matter how well the markets thanks to the GOP are doing for wealthy corporations and wealthy Americans.

Our nation is now in a crisis it wasn’t until yesterday.

I see that as a perpetuation of division of classes.

That is the democrat’s mantra, and it only exist because of them.

I see ever day what out sourcing is doing to small towns all over America including the one I live in where three major sources of middle class income has gone out of the US in the less than two years.

The only reason there is a little outsourcising is because there are not many Americans willing to do monotnou work.

Small towns don’t have many jobs, that’ why most live in big towns. Big towns don’t have enough people to do most of the work that needs doing.

I had to close my construction company because there was no one to do the work, if I could have out sourced I would have.

But guess what we got job grow in the town thank to Wal-Mart and the replacement of jobs with minimum wage ones.

Wal-Mart is only one of bazillions of other stores---do you live in the boondocks?

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The Democrats have screwed up the cities letting poverty and crime permeate into surrounding neighborhoods bringing crime and poverty to more people.

I guess the American people want the same only now on at the national level.

I live in a big city and NYC crime rate has dropped ovr the years dramatically. My business however has taken a big financial hit because of the competition from the national level. Big companies outsourcing tech support/manufacturing to india/pakistan/phillipines and I just can no longer compete. People losing their jobs to foreign entities have no money to spend either or they take jobs with lower salaries and have less money to spend.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Sleeper,

You sound awful angry. Do you live in a place surrounded by Welfare Queens?

I do agree with you, that's not my element either. You have to realize that the cities draw the low element like flies- I've been around for quite awhile and its always been this way, whether we have a Republican in office or a Democrat.

Why are you trying to blame one particular party? I never saw any improvement under any Republican either.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Sleeper,

You sound awful angry. Do you live in a place surrounded by Welfare Queens?

Me angry---

Surrounded by Welfare Queens, aren’t we all?

I do agree with you, that's not my element either. You have to realize that the cities draw the low element like flies- I've been around for quite awhile and its always been this way, whether we have a Republican in office or a Democrat.

At the local level my city has been dominated by Democrats, as is the case with most large and medium size cities.

Like many Americans I keep moving further out of the city as the crime and poverty perpetuated by the welfare programs keep moving outward engulfing neighborhoods.

The democrats keep building public housing and filling them with people who perpetuate crime, which leads business to leave the area, which creates more poverty and so on.

I own a house in the inner city---I don’t live there but I own it because I can’t sell it. But my property taxes for that house keeps going up. I pay for police that never go into that neighborhood; I pay for the new library filled with books that is mostly use by transients who need to get out of the weather. I pay for expensive new schools with fresh coats of graffiti every week that fail to instill education and a respect for society. And I pay for the public housing that keeps popping up everywhere and destroying solid neighborhoods that they are located in.

My tax dollars and that of millions of others are squandered and used to destabilize neighborhoods, not fix them. Yet the Dems keep wanting more of my money to use to bulldoze suburbs with their stupid programs.

I don’t have that much money. But if I don’t pay they will take my house and sell it for whatever they can get for their poverty making machines.

My question is why aren’t more people angry and doing something about it---and I don’t mean voting in more democrats, dems with their tax everything that moves, are the problem.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join