It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Rumsfeld to Resign

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kojac
I can bet International citizens all around the world are cheering that there has been a voter back lash against the Hawks in the Whitehouse and one of the instigators of this whole "War on Terror" mess has been shown the door.

Im one of those International citizens while I cant speake for anyone I wont be throwing a party. Despite being glad at Rumsfeld leaving office I dont think that much will change in Iraq.

Hopefully this has some kind of meaningfull impact on U.S foreign policy.

I doubt it after all many of the Dems supported the insanity that is the occupaton of Iraq. The Dems will blow a lot of hot air and take little action.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I watched a newsclip 2day where Bush said he didn't want to say anything until after the election because he did not want to sway the vote! So he basically confirms what we already knew. He is a liar and only tells Americans things according to there "sway value". What a great President!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Check out the screenshot of MSNBC below - I have highlighted the word that caught my attention. NBC have used the term "nominate" instead of "tap" in the body of the main article - go figure.

How long until this one makes it down the memory hole / gets "revised"?

i131.photobucket.com...

Sorry for crossposting guys!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
So he basically confirms what we already knew. He is a liar and only tells Americans things according to there "sway value". What a great President!

Exactly. He either lied to us before the election or he lied to us after. It amazes me how he can stand up there and say that he told us a lie (that Rummy was going to stay regardless of election results) so as to manipulate people's thinking. He lied, but it was for our own good, so we should just accept it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If he fired Rummy before the elections you people would have said he was just trying to sway people at the last minute! No matter what you folks will just keep on crying foul...absurd!

-- Boat

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
No, Boat, we're crying "Liar". At least I am. He either lied before or after the elections. He lied. That's all I'm saying. It's not a surprise, I'm not saying I expect anything different. I'm just saying he lied and justified it by telling us that it was for our own good.

Are you disagreeing with that? Are you saying he didn't lie?

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   
On another note, does it make you all feel warm and fuzzy knowing that the "new" Rumsfeld is a referral from daddy Bush?

and YES, he lied, as always.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
All i can say is about time!!! Cheny Bush Rice all of them should be right behind. The democrats should try and impeach him like they did to Clinton for a blowjob, but of course they have no bottle!!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Oh please, you guys are grasping for straws and making a big deal out of nothing, people change their mind all the time, and he did, in the new political climate it was better to let Rumsfeld go.

Originally posted by dgtempe
On another note, does it make you all feel warm and fuzzy knowing that the "new" Rumsfeld is a referral from daddy Bush?

Yes it does, but not for the reasons you think.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Yes it does, but not for the reasons you think.

Yes I will be watching this new appointee, He is one of the Bush Carlyle group investors, also he alone with Baker were on the called bipartisan group overseen the Iraqi problem.

Also it has ties with Haliburton, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Occurs the controversial Energy task force that were making plans about how to make the best of the Iraqi oil resources.

Yes this one is one very chosen one indeed.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

[edit on 9-11-2006 by dgtempe]

At least daddy Bush didn't make the same mistake sonny Bush did. He at least knew when to get the hell out of Dodge.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Oh please, you guys are grasping for straws and making a big deal out of noting, people change their mind all the time, and he did, in the new political climate it was better to let Rumsfeld go.

No, West, he had already decided to let Rummy go. He spoke with his replacement the weekend previous to the election. Tony Snow and Bush himself have said that this was in the works before the election, but when Bush was asked if Rummy would resign given a Dem win, Bush emphatically said no. He said that Rummy will be with him till the end, even though he was already picking his replacement.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

The man who had overall carriage of the war was Donald Rumsfeld. Powell was fired because he was blamed for failing to mobilise international support behind the war.

After Bush sacked Powell he offered Armitage a couple of plum assignments including the post of head of the CIA. Armitage turned them down and left the Administration: "I couldn't work in an administration that could fire Powell and keep Rumsfeld."

As Rumsfeld said: "Stuff happens."

It took a brutal electoral thrashing in the mid-term congressional elections this week to make the cocksure George Bush show his first real contrition in six years, and for Rumsfeld finally to be held accountable for the strategic disasters of his war.

link

I found this article Richard Armitage makes some interesting comments even if it is just a part of the blame game.
Cheers xpert11.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
What is made extremely visible in this case as in most with Bush, is that he posesses no remorse about lying and simply views it as "for the good of America". What truly frightens me is how he is able to do this to the point of apparently rationalizing the things he lies about into truths that he has mentally convinced himself to be the latter all along. This man still believes we should "stay the course" in Iraq. I slightly question his sanity at this point, to be completely frank.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join