It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Rumsfeld to Resign

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey BH that avatar looks a lot like my dog...Grover Maxwell Underfoot the Great.

HeyI got a little yellow rubber duckie and some crutches Bush can have.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
this made my day, no more scummy rummy. Obviously long overdue, almost an early christmas to see this dolt finally do whats right. Let's see what Gates can do now.

brill

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Is this a flip-flop or following the polls?

Maybe if Bush did this last year, the Republicans would of kept the House, and maybe the Senate.

It's the best thing for the troops. It seemed like keeping Rumsfeld and his failing strategies was an issue of pride, of Bush being unable to admit he was wrong while soldiers were dying in Iraq. Unfortunately it took an election to make Bush do the right thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Is this a flip-flop or following the polls?

Maybe if Bush did this last year, the Republicans would of kept the House, and maybe the Senate.

It's the best thing for the troops. It seemed like keeping Rumsfeld and his failing strategies was an issue of pride, of Bush being unable to admit he was wrong while soldiers were dying in Iraq. Unfortunately it took an election to make Bush do the right thing.

So true. Another reason why Bush is an idiot.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Bush gave Bremer (in charge after the successful invasion and led the failed occupation with billions of dollars missing) and Tenet (CIA 'slam dunk' in regards to Iraq) medals. He told FEMA 'Brownie' that he was doing 'a heck of a job' after Katrina, then fired him. And last week Bush said that he was keeping Cheney and Rumsfeld until the end of his presidency.

Um.. Cheney. Watch your back!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
ITS ABOUT TIME!!!

Pinch me.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I actually support this move. However my reasons for supporting Rumsfeld's resignation are not political, fueled by anger, range and or revenge. I am quite interested in the state of the US military. And I do not agree with Rumsfeld's future vision of the US military and his idea of what combat systems we need for the future. In a time of rising future strategic enemies such as Russia and China we should not have a "lighter, faster cheaper" military, but one capable of winning a strategic war again.

Now you people that are cheering, finally, we get a break from doom and gloom.

However think for a minute about what just happened and who is taking over the reigns...

[edit on 8-11-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And who said your sig. Westpoint or do you know?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Yes I do, ironically enough it was said by a Frenchman, Denis Diderot 1713-1784.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hmmmmm i smell something fishy here.Its seemed like Donald was givin a bad image intentionally,if so then who gave him the bad image???
Its like someone was using him as a sacrifice to give his replacement a BETTER image.If so then who used him as a sacrifice?

I bet his replacement will be giving a MUCH better image.

But if i'm wrong then show me how i'm wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Before my other thread is closed:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like it was all Donny's idea and GWB is trying to distance himself from his murderous war

Rumsfeld replaced after poll loss

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld is standing down, after anger over the war in Iraq led to bruising losses for Republicans in mid-term elections.
President George W Bush said that he and Mr Rumsfeld had agreed that a "fresh perspective" was needed in Iraq.

Former CIA Director Robert Gates has been nominated to replace Mr Rumsfeld.

The Democrats won control of the House of Representatives in the polls, and the Senate balance of power hangs on a tight race in just one state, Virginia.

"It's been quite a time," said Mr Rumsfeld in a short departing speech, delivered alongside President Bush, two hours after the president had announced that he would be replaced

news.bbc.co.uk...

So the puppet has sacked the puppeteer?

[edit on 8/11/2006 by Strangerous]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Rumsfeld was fired, no question. And it was not a spur of the moment decision.

I agree with WestPoint23's assessment of the situation. The time for him to leave was overdue. But nobody should question his patriotism or service to his country. He was simply wrong in his prosecution of the Iraq war.

His relacement, btw, is a member of the commission heade by James Baker and Lee Hamilton. There may be drastic changes in the US involvement in Iraq, if the commission's recommendations are followed:

More telling, however, is the ruling out of two options last month. One advocated minor fixes to the current war plan but kept intact the long-term vision of democracy in Iraq with regular elections. The second proposed that coalition forces focus their attacks only on Al Qaeda and not the wider insurgency.

Instead, the commission is headed toward presenting President Bush with two clear policy choices that contradict his rhetoric of establishing democracy in Iraq. The more palatable of the two choices for the White House, "Stability First," argues that the military should focus on stabilizing Baghdad while the American Embassy should work toward political accommodation with insurgents. The goal of nurturing a democracy in Iraq is dropped.

www.nysun.com...

Emphasis added.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I also agree with that JSO, no one should question his service and patriotism, you can second guess his decisions but understand you have the benefit of hindsight.

And no future plan for Iraq will include us immediately withdrawing our troops. We will probably change tactics and strategy but we should not pull out now.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
You people make it sound like Bush, the Commander in Chief, the new guy's boss, is going to drop it all, back off?
I regret to inform you that things will now go from bad to worse. The real fight is comming, the real bloodshed hasnt even started.
This man, our president is going to thumb his nose at the Democrats and we're in for the most dangerous times of our lives.

I wouldnt count on gloom and doom being out the window just yet.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Nice to see Rummy gone to whore himself for Halliburton or Bechtel, but it's not nearly enough. The Bushies should all be in prison for their duplicity, mendacity, oath breaking and generally traitorous actions.

The big question now is, provided Virginia goes the left way, whether the dems will have the political will to take these mofos down like they deserve to be. There's always a fear among pols that "there but for the grace of God go I" which often leads to presidential pardons, etc., and old men sweeping beaches in California with metal detectors for entertainment.

The future health of this very sick country depends on holding these SOBs accountable for all the harm their insane ideology has caused. Let's not forget the dead and dying, or the treasure wasted, or the deaths to come before we're out of this quagmire.

The problems in the middle east, those we created and those we have not, will continue to explode in our faces until we deal with the Israel-Palestine problem. Our irrational willingness to continue to throw billions at whatever right wing idiots control Israel despite their murderous ways. Humanity deserves better and more.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Originally posted by grover

Yes I do, ironically enough it was said by a Frenchman, Denis Diderot 1713-1784.

That is correct even though it has also been attributed to Voltaire. And you shouldn't say ironic, the French do have a long and honorable history even though some dis them for not supporting Bush. Diderot gave his life for his beliefs as did many of his generation...on both sides.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well I wonder how many of the Generals that supported Rumsfeld will go by-by also, after all they were blamed for the mess in Iraq also by one of their own.

So how many will be leaving? I wonder.

Now we know Baker is one of the big boys on Carlyle group and very close to the Saud Family also.

It seems to me that whatever plan that is coming about Iraq will be for the benefit of their own and not of the Iraqi people.

And their resources will be high up in the agenda.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Rumsfeld is gone I doubt that many people other then hard core Bush supporters will be sorry to see him gone. Rumsfeld should have been fired before the 2004 election along with anyone else who help to create the current mess in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Nixon said of Rumsfeld: "He's a ruthless little bastard, of that you can be sure."

He must have meant it as a compliment.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The world is applauding!

I can bet International citizens all around the world are cheering that there has been a voter back lash against the Hawks in the Whitehouse and one of the instigators of this whole "War on Terror" mess has been shown the door.

Hopefully this has some kind of meaningfull impact on U.S foreign policy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join