It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons Take on the Iraq War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

TV Squad

You knew they'd have to get around to it sooner or later. The final segment of the upcoming Simpsons "Treehouse of Horror" episode on November 5 will take a few not-so-subtle shots at the current conflict in Iraq as aliens Kang and Kodos (who are featured in every "Treehouse of Horror") attack Springfield before the humans can get their hands on "weapons of mass disintegration". The connection to the Iraq war is made obvious, and there's even a line at the end in which a character evokes the actual Iraq debacle. Executive producer Al Jean says the line may be too obvious and not make it into the episode.

WATCH THIS EPISODE IN FULL

Interesting Episode;

Operation Enduring Occupation?

Weapons of Mass Disintegration?

Was this short episode included in the show at all?

[edit on 8/11/06 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I saw it, it was super funny, and yes, the mentioned all of those things.
Really funny show.
The Simpsons are the best.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
I saw it, it was super funny, and yes, the mentioned all of those things.
Really funny show.
The Simpsons are the best.

True? YES.

Funny? YES.

But was this episode aired on TV?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Yes, I believe it aired on Fox this past Sunday.

Unfortunate because I had tuned into the show but nodded off before the end of it. Missed out on this segment, but the Simpsons have been known to take some subtle jabs in their day.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Yes, I believe it aired on Fox this past Sunday.

Unfortunate because I had tuned into the show but nodded off before the end of it. Missed out on this segment, but the Simpsons have been known to take some subtle jabs in their day.

I was listening to Alex Jones show today, and he said that that segment of the episode was removed from the aired episode on Fox - and that Daddy Murdoch had his fingers on that...

So I'm asking if anybody saw this show on TV with this "Iraq-War-Segment".

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Understood.

So no, I can not confirm that it had been aired. Maybe the member who has posted above can confirm that he/she had viewed it on Fox.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can confirm I saw it.
I watched it Sunday. I know I saw it cause I remember sitting on the couch watching this smiling and thinking "this is a jab at the war".
I remember the aliens, one with a slingshot, the other with a baseball bat I think say something to the affect of "operation enduring occuppation".
The episode went that all the townspeople got rid of all their weapons, once this happened,the aliens attacked. But they attacked with slingshots and bats, pretty primitive. The townspeople, in one instance specifically Moe, ran them off with a nail through a board. God it was funny. Anyways, yes, this segment did air, and they did air the jabs.
When I get home tonight I will check youtube to see if it is out there.
I am currently looking for an episode summary as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Heres part of the video showing, in the youtube theres part 1 and 2 as well as this 3rd one.

Why Souljah, why would you think Fox would clamp on this one?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Why Souljah, why would you think Fox would clamp on this one?

Well it's not going exactly with the Programe ifyaknowhatImean?

Especially not on Fox News.

Still I am surprised they showed it; it had clear Jokes based on Bush's War of Terror and at the very end, when we see Springfield destroyed by many battles, one of the Alines says;

"This is how Baghdad will look like in few years time!"

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Did anyone catch the episode last night where Homer joins the army?
I was eating dinner and they had the sound turned down on the TV so I could not ehar what was going on.

new topics

top topics

join