It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does The Senate Power shift Change Anything Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Since Democrats have won majority power in the senate =Democrats Win= and have taken power off the republicins and president , does this mean that the pres. and his cronies will have a tougher job of taking american liberties away since it is now harder for them to get bills passed and change major laws and the constituion?

Or is it all i trick to make Americans feel more comfortable and think the people they want in control are in control so there will be less backlash if mjaor laws/constitution was changed for the worse by the Democrats ?

[edit on 8-11-2006 by Russian soldier]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What this means, is that people can start to feel better about the way things are going, small things will change and the plight of the nation will become more subtle. Democrats WILL, however, have a huge impact on gun owners, and the Second Amendment. I just PRAY TO FRIGGIN GOD Mrs. CLInton doesn't run for president. You can expect another WACO or two if she gets into office.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Republicans pass laws to oppress people, then people get upset and want Democrats in office.

Democrats get in office, and don't change the existing laws, but pass more laws to oppress people in different ways, people get upset, and want Republicans in office.

Republicans get in office and pass new laws to oppress people, without changing existing ones, then people get upset and want Democrats in office.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Here's the deal folks IMO.....Sure, now the Dems have the ball.....The question is, Can they do something with it? They now have two years to establish a record that dem presidential hopefuls (Hillary) can run on.....She has 24 months to do something or she will not be successful in her pres campaign....

I have a thought to consider: Despite what many think, Carl Rove is not a stupid man. I think you have to consider the fact that this loss was predictable in a way to set the Dems up for failure. Also to allow citizens to see what the Dems are REALLY all about and once that happens, then 2008 will fare much better for the GOP. Just a thought.

Finally, no the Dems will not be able to simply push legislation thru, especially in the Senate. Due to Senate rules...the REAL number of seats for either party to get something accomplished is 60! And besides, Bush still has VETO power, and there's not enough Dems to override any vetos. Sorry, just the way it is.

One last thought relative to Rove....I think we should consider that a terrorist attack is now more likely to occur over the next 24 months...get my drift?

[edit on 8-11-2006 by KnowItAll]

[edit on 8-11-2006 by KnowItAll]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
There's still one more seat up for grabs and it will keep the Repubs in majority if they get it. Likely they will because this election liek the last two was obviously rigged.

You don't rig an election with the purpose of losing. They're smarter with this one though. It's so close that people probably aren't paying much attention to all the widespread reports of problems with the voting machines and the fact that they can be hacked in a minute.

The Neo-Cons are that desperate. They aren't going to let the Senate fall to the Democrats. Not that it matters anyway because the demorats are complecet in the coverup of 9/11.

Even Hilary Clinton has said we need to surrender freedom for security a few times.

And I think that the Neo-Cons will simply jump back to the Democratic party like they did in the 60's.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by soundaddicted]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Does it change anything? Nope.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'll be damned that inspite of the mass fraud the Dems got both.

I don't think it really matters because Cheney even said so himself just recently that it doesn't matter what the people think and that the Cons are still going ahead with their agenda.

The PNAC isn't just something you start for the weekend and with #s and giggles. It's an earth changing program.

The Democrats are still complecet in the 9/11 coverup. This much doesn't change and Pelosi isn't going to impeach Bush for God knows what reason.

FDR once said that if it happens in politics you can bet it was planned this way.

I'm starting to think that this is the beginning of the Chaos. Make people think that everything is alright then bam!

But then again how can everything be alright. the 13 trillion dollar debt won't be going away and the deficit spending is still racking up.

The Dems have inherited a sinking ship. As I believe they are not the Second Coming they will for the most part be a group of do nothings. The Con's have screwed America up so much that nobody can repair it now.

Best to let the house burn down and build over again.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Republicans mean Big Business'

Democrats mean Big Government.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Either way these people are being controled by the same people.

The Rothchilds, Rockefeller group thats controlled the president and Senate for decades.

This is just a sacrifice to the masses. Just like Rumsfeld.

Now we have Polosi as majority speaker.. OH THANK SATAn!

Before anyone starts celebrating this broad, lets take a look at her voting record;

Iraq war: yes.
Afghanistan war: yes
Patriot Act 1-2: yes
I think she voted for Bushes torture bill as well..

Point is, nothing going to change because the broad is a neo-con. 'neo-Liberal'. either way, shes supported Bushes most controversial bills every step of the way.

She=female Hastart.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Here is the litmus test for real representation in government. Unless whoever's in power comes clean on at least JFK & 911, then you have flawed government. No matter how nice things get, until they spill the beans on those 2 items, then there is unfinished business and you are not getting the full picture and you cannot trust them.

posted on Nov, 13 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They are both EVIL and connected at every level. This will bring more secure feelings to the unlearned of the population. We are moving into the final times and need to spread the word. Democrats are the worst of them all. Thy bring change that can be misconstrued as positive for the people all the time setting up our own demise. The end times are near. Keep you eyes open

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982
Republicans pass laws to oppress people, then people get upset and want Democrats in office.

Democrats get in office, and don't change the existing laws, but pass more laws to oppress people in different ways, people get upset, and want Republicans in office.

Republicans get in office and pass new laws to oppress people, without changing existing ones, then people get upset and want Democrats in office.

co-sign completely

one more thing...Polosi is a milf

new topics

top topics

join