It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realizing you're in your dreamstate...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I've only been able to do it once that I can recollect. When I was younger, I had a dream that I was on a submarine...then for some reason, I realized that I was dreaming. From that point on, I started to control my dream.

So, what's the first thing I did? Fly!

I transported myself to a nice, grassy field, started running, jumped off the ground and ... PLOP! I fell. But, then I got up and tried it again "I'm dreaming," I told myself "I can do anything I want in my dreams!". So, I got up, started running, jumped up into the air, and I was FLYING! It had to be the most exhilarating, euphoric feeling that I had ever felt. It was a natural high. I flew for a few moments and then woke up. The feeling was so blissful that I woke up crying.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do that since then.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I've had similar experiences when I was younger. I remember it usually occuring after I would try to grab for something in my dream and couldn't grasp what I was grabbing at, or when I would try to run, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not run any faster than a walk. At that point I would realize I was dreaming and ( I guess ) play in my dream. Sometimes it seemed that "knowing" I was dreaming woke me up (was that dissapointing) but, not always. It didn't happen often that I recall, and happend less often, and less intense as I got older. It sure would be fun to be able to do it at will!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Only ever happens to me when I have Nightmares. Something in my Psyche seems to go

This cannot be happening , I don't normally wake up, but I am also unable to control what is happening, it is almost like I am paralysed within my own dream.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
As soon as I find myself awake in the astral worlds I sneak off by myself and fly away. One time I started to fly and then suddenly woke up inside an alien device that was holding me in suspended animation. I stood up and felt a thousand times more alive than I'd ever felt before. Then a woman came running over and said "it's not time yet," and she placed a mesh shaped grid over my head and I fell back through the astral worlds to my earth body. When I got back I felt like my old self, but I remembered vividly being a thousand times more alive when I stepped out of the suspended animation device. It was something above the astral worlds without doubt. Something awesome

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
See......I have NEVER been able to realise I'm dreaming. It really annoys me because I would love to be lucid.

Does anyone have any pointers or things I can do to crack this.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:36 AM
link   
One sure way i've found to get into the astral worlds while fully awake and without even trying is this.

I have a short sleep sometime before midnight, maybe two hours or so. Then an alarm wakes me up and I have a shower and a coffee and then read esoteric type material for a while, and then meditate until just before dawn when the sky is just a tiny bit light.

Then I lie down on my back and fully relax my body while focussing on keeping my mind alert. Within a minute or so........ "whoosh" i'm out of my body and into the astral worlds fully awake.

It's like my astral form is impatient to leave this earth world and doesn't bother waiting tilll i'm asleep. It's difficult to stay awake till dawn some nights, but it's always worth the wait.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Aztec,

Whats it like out there (serious question) ?, can you control where you go, and if so how far can you travel.

Can you see people ?

What can you do ?

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The astral worlds are full of people and creatures. There's no limit to the variety of life and things you will see there. Also your spiritual powers are quite easy to use there and you can manifest things easily with the power of your mind. You can fly anywhere you want and even out into space.

The people you meet are usually very pleasant and interesting, although depending on the astral plane you are on you can meet some dark negative beings sometimes.

There's whole new worlds out there that would take an eternity to try and describe.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
This happens to me all the time, when i know im dreaming I Fly lol, I love it when I fly. Strange thing is that I can wake up by closing me eyes in my dream. Sometimes I have good dreams and then I wake up, I hate that.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I even was able to induce a lucid dream 3 nights in a row!!!
heres some pointers.

It took me a while, allmost 3 months. But keep a notebook and a pen next to your bed at all times. When you wake up,IMMIDIATLY write down your dream(it dosent have to be the whole dream,just something that will help you remember it)
That way your mind will get used to knowing what is a dream and what is a reality (so to speak)

After a few months you will be able to just wake up in your dream and do what ever you wanted. It dosent work all the time. You cant just say " I want to have alucid dream tonight."

You just wake up in your dream. The more dreams you write down, the more your mind will be able to know what is a dream, and you will be able to wake up more.

I have a lucid dream up to 5 times a month sometimes.And the next morning I feel fully refreshed.

Thats how you do it. just keep writing down your dreams, and sooner or latter you will "wake up in your dream"

I have tryed to astro project,no luck.

I helped you guys with lucid dreaming. HOw bout helping me with astro projection. lol

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I realize I am dreaming all the time, but never manage to take control. Sometimes when I am out camping in the desert, not using a tent but sleeping on the ground. I feel like something is pulling on my feet and I tell myself to wake up, but I cannot.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Close your eyes if you want to wakeup it works for me all the time.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Lol.. I started an entire thread about it and nobody replied.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join