It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam and Buddhism, the propaganda video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Edn

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
video.google.co.uk...

You only need to watch the first 5 minutes to realize that this is nothing more than a propaganda video trying to make Buddhism out to be a backwards pagan religion and that Islam is apparently the only true religion. If I had the time I could write pages on the errors they made makeing that video, I'm just wondering if they have done similar propaganda videos/articles/whatever on other major religions?

--

Just one tiny segment (around 18 minutes) i thought id comment on.
Forbidden to work, forbidden to marry, forbidden to eat more than one meal a day, Forbidden to eat meat or fruit, "Islam on the other hand.."

Thats the most stupidest crap i've heard. none of the above is forbidden, its simply a choice. Monks choose to live a basic life, they choose not to eat meat, they choose not to marry, further more its usually only monks that choose this life.

It even tries to link Buddhism to the poverty in places around the world.

And then theres this God issue, don't get me started on that.

i'll stop my rant now.

(while im tyeing this, they just took a shot at Christianity and Judaism at around 30 minutes.)

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Christianity and Islam both have a lot of this kind of material, though Christianity is more into it than Islam is. I can't even count the web pages on "witnessing" and "errors" in other faiths that they've promoted.

We're turning into an attack culture rather than a tolerance culture in terms of religion.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Just one of the "big three" religions trying to spread its garbage to the masses. Anything that threatens them,they lash out at.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Islam is one of the most hateful religions the world has ever seen. Naturally they would attack a real religion of peace.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Christianity and Islam both have a lot of this kind of material, though Christianity is more into it than Islam is. I can't even count the web pages on "witnessing" and "errors" in other faiths that they've promoted.

We're turning into an attack culture rather than a tolerance culture in terms of religion.

You are right on with that statement. It kind of makes me sick... Good post Indellkoffer.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I referred to Buddhism as a religion a minute ago;I'm wrong it's a philosopy. I should have said a philosophy of peace, rather than a religion.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
About twenty minutes of that video is all I could stomach. All it was was claim after claim after claim. Nothing to support his claims,just a reliance upon because he said it,it must be true.
It was rather a sickening video. I guess we shouldn't expect any less from a Muslim.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
It was rather a sickening video. I guess we shouldn't expect any less from a Muslim.

That was not a peaceful thing to say, SpeakerofTruth.

But I agree with the rest you said. The Propaganda is so obvious, superficial and so hateful it made me sick.

But it clearly showed one thing: no matter what you do, you just can't please everyone because there'll always be someone who doesn't understand what you're trying to say.

And then people wonder why there's so much war on this planet.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akareyon

That was not a peaceful thing to say, SpeakerofTruth.

No,it wasn't. I get carried away sometimes. I just get so tired of the same people,and it's always the same people
, degrading other belief systems. They want to go around starting wars and crap, and still expect you to think they are "oh,so righteous" and that other belief systems are "of the devil."

I don't think it is hard to figure out who the people are that I am alluding to either. We are living in a sick world,folks. It is getting sicker by the day.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
And christianity doesn't start wars? haha, just because Islam is looked at the center of all terrorism and worlds problems, its not. You want to look at problems? look towards the Vatican.
America has jumpe into God knows how many wars since its birth, and this is a christian ran country. The comments you made are nothing but ignorance.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Read this:

berzinarchives.com...

It was written by a Western Buddhist and translator of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

Cultural Borrowing between Buddhism and Islam

Throughout the region, there are many indications of cultural borrowing between Buddhism and Islam. For instance, Kazakh Sufis not only believe in rebirth, but also identify reincarnations of past Sufi masters like the Tibetan and Mongol Buddhists do of their teachers. The Sufis build shrines as graves for their masters, circumambulate them and light butter lamps, reminiscent of Buddhists' practice around stupas of deceased masters. Sufi meditation includes recitation of the Islamic equivalent of mantras, often combined with the breathing cycle, as well as visualization of the Prophet and spiritual masters.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Tamahu,some of that may very well be true. However, mainstream Islam has classified the Sufis as "heretics" and there is no love lost between sufi mystics and modern day Islam.

This video is rather despicable... What's funny to me is that no one is really saying much about it... I have to deduct that most of the posters here do not disagree with the claims and fallacies that this video presented.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I admit I've seen these kind of videos from christians as well, however....
when they're comparing Buddhism to Islam...It's well...laughable.
So they think Buddhism holds people torturing themselves as a virtue? Well I say that Islam holds torturing other people as a virtue.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Wait, wait, wait. The "filmmakers" big gripe is that Buddhists arent Muslim so their evil? Oh, that makes sense. They arent evil, or certain fanatical branches of them arent evil, because they teach "mercy" killing of rape victims to save a family from shame, or because they teach their kids to sing songs about drinking the blood of Jews, or because they blow themselves up on school buses or anything. Theyre evil because they arent Muslim. Good stuff.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The video is from Harun Yahya, or at least a follower of that organization (some claim its a single person, others a pseudonym for an organization). Harun Yahya is an extreme apoligist for islam, and notably one that takes up its playbook from the more radical christian fundamentalists in the US.

Looking at the start of the video, its saying that the monks will spend their days in hunger and poverty. Which is of course true. They've been brainwashed into thinking that its worthwhile to live like that, because some magical thing from heaven is going to favour them for it.

Of course, the same is true for muslims, who also have their own monkish orders, and who also recognize that a person sometimes has to endure hardships.

So, not surprisingly, Harun Yahya, and its followers, are deluded hypocrits.

edn
I'm just wondering if they have done similar propaganda videos/articles/whatever on other major religions?

This video was made by a couple of people using stock footage to promote the ideas of Harun Yahya. It can't realistically be said to represent mainstream islam or most of islam or anything like that. Harun Yahya is a radical apoligist organization. Translating what it does to all muslims is like saying jesus was a member of the Christian Identity Movement.

Islam is one of the most hateful religions the world has ever seen.

I don't buy that. Christianity wiped out each and every non-christian religion that it could get its hands on. Both in the initial expansion phase and hundreds of years later during expansion into the new world. IF you look at europe, and compare it to the middle east, you find that the middle east has a much much greater variety of religions that europe. Thats because the christians destroyed all the other religions, whereas islam has specific requirements in it to live peacefully with other religions.

Naturally they would attack a real religion of peace.

While buddhism presents itself as pacifistic, there are violent people in buddhism, just like any other religion. The Sinhalese buddhists oppress the Tamil minority on that island. And the Lamas of tibet, they suck up what little property and wealth that the public is able to gather for themselves and use it to enrich their temples and monasteris and their rule.

Just one of the "big three" religions trying to spread its garbage to the masses.

Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam are the 'big three' propagandistic religions. They are the three religions that have spread out of their centers to the rest of the world. They spread by saying 'your religion is false, error, image, delusion, it will lead you to eternal torment, suffering, hell. OUrs is the true way" and often by spreading to the local elites, who then force the new religion on the under-class.

tamahu
Kazakh Sufis not only believe in rebirth, but also identify reincarnations of past Sufi masters like the Tibetan and Mongol Buddhists do of their teachers.

The sufis are, perhaps, a special case. They don't, to say the least, represent the islamic mainstream.

speakeroftruth
mainstream Islam has classified the Sufis as "heretics"

? Where? Sufis aren't considered heretics. Indeed, the sufis are so disjointed, that even if one sect was condemened, that says nothing about the whole of the sufi movement.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I've heard this type of rhetoric from Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Muslims and Hindus. Every religion has a group that thinks that they're better than everyone else. However I don't find Islam to be the biggest culprit of this nonsensical thinking until fairly recently. Throughout history I feel that Christians have been the biggest promoters and culprits of the "my religion is right" ideology than anyone else. You don't see Islamic, Jewish or Hindu missionaries travelling the world to convert and save the "pagans", it's the Christians who still insist on trying to convert the world to this very day. Sure the Muslims and the others might have a good talking game but imo it's the Christians that actually take the action of trying to convert the world to their beliefs.

on a tangent....This whole war on Christmas thing is just another example... I mean what is wrong with just saying Happy Holidays, why must anyone specify and fight for the right to enforce people to say Merry Christmas, Christians aren't the only ones with a holiday around this time period, so why can't we just Happy Holidays and be over with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
Christianity and Islam both have a lot of this kind of material, though Christianity is more into it than Islam is.

!!!!!!!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! apparently you havent seen alot of muslim propaganda, although ATS members could probably recommend the best

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
You don't see Islamic missionaries travelling the world to convert and save the "pagans"

Thats because they dont use missionaries, they spread their religion by the sword.

Deny ignorance people, keep looking the other way and excusing islam and the situation will be 10 times worse in a decade.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
While buddhism presents itself as pacifistic, there are violent people in buddhism, just like any other religion. The Sinhalese buddhists oppress the Tamil minority on that island.

I'm not totally sure about this.

I do know that Tamils(more pure blooded Eastern Kush-ites) are oppressed.

But I thought it was more-so by Brahmins than by Buddhists.

Though I did find something about a "Anagarika Dharmapala" who was supposedly not too friendly toward Tamils and Moors.

www.tamilnation.org...

And, of course, he is a Hinayana Buddhist or of the "Southern School".

And the Lamas of tibet, they suck up what little property and wealth that the public is able to gather for themselves and use it to enrich their temples and monasteris and their rule.

This has happened.

But it was not as common as some would make it out to be.

And was a practice condemned by the most learned a well-repected Lamas and Tulkus.

Besides, the majority of the Tibetan people would much rather live under the rulership of the Lamas(who allowed the practice of Islam by the way), than be ruled by the vulgar Zionist-Marxist Chinese.

tamahu
Kazakh Sufis not only believe in rebirth, but also identify reincarnations of past Sufi masters like the Tibetan and Mongol Buddhists do of their teachers.

The sufis are, perhaps, a special case. They don't, to say the least, represent the islamic mainstream.

Right.

Just as the Kabbalists don't represent the Jewish mainstream and how Gnostics don't represent the Christian mainstream.

speakeroftruth
mainstream Islam has classified the Sufis as "heretics"

? Where? Sufis aren't considered heretics. Indeed, the sufis are so disjointed, that even if one sect was condemened, that says nothing about the whole of the sufi movement.

Some fanatic "Muslims" do condemn Sufism.

But is actually less common than the many "Christians" we find who are condemning Gnosticism.

[edit on 15-12-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! apparently you havent seen alot of muslim propaganda, although ATS members could probably recommend the best

have you seen the christian "hell houses" for halloween?
that's some of the worst religious propaganda i've seen in my life and it's targeted at kids

chick tracts are pretty bad

and what i've seen from first hand experience of attending various christian denominations services is horrible

to tell you the truth, islamic propaganda is a product of political and social instability

christian propaganda has no excuse

top topics

<<   2 >>

join