It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Plans Manned Moon Landing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

So guys, were back to square one. Don't expect any Earth shattering revelations, even from the moon probe India's sending next year.

Aw Man!!!

I wanted to finally put to rest speculation that the Moon Landings by our Apollo Astronauts was a hoax.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
jra,

I do not know about you, but I have never flown in a Hindustan 787 or 747 and I do not think the India DOD matches up at all with the US DOD. LOL, if India has a DOD.

Originally posted by paperplane_uk
Yeah right, as the biggest arms dealer in the world and with more murders per capita than any developed nation you are hardly teaching the rest of the world how not to kill each other.

Where else do you think innovation and technology comes from?

As for the fact that india has only to date launched a couple of satillites on the systems they developed themselves. I think it is worth remembering that the uk has only ever launched 1 satillite on its indiginous space technology, so they are already doing better than we ever did!!!

I thought the brits had more pride than you yourself have. Both India and Brits recieve their tech via US.

Originally posted by Astyanax

Originally posted by Aramco
those poor suns of bethces... they won't need to bathe.

What a disgusting way to phrase your prejudiced and ignorant statements.

There are Indians on this board. One of them is a moderator. Would you say the same sort of thing to their faces?

Yes I would.
[edit on 30-11-2006 by Aramco]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Removed racist remark

[edit on 30/11/06 by masqua]

jra

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ignoring the rest of your ignorant post, I'll just comment on this...

I do not know about you, but I have never flown in a Hindustan 787 or 747 and I do not think the India DOD matches up at all with the US DOD. LOL, if India has a DOD.

Well firstly Hindustan doesn't work on commercial aircraft like the 747. They work on military aircraft, but I guess you'd have known that if you clicked the link I gave you. Also the 787 doesn't exist yet.

People with your kind of attitude don't last long here. Enjoy your stay while it lasts...

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   
damn yo
my fault about the question i jus wanted to know if INDIA has a space program because not everyone does. and fo Aramco young boi u need to chill why u being so racist. aight lemme ask u a question wht r u whts ur cultural background. answer this if you got ballz. and then watch i ma bust yo ass son. idk abt this but i'm allergic racists ppl like u Aramco.

[edit on 11/30/2006 by da king]

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
I think the an Indian on the moon is a great idea for an ancient and noble civilization and race of peoples.

True, the money used could probably be best spent elsewhere, but such is the case with every nation.

And such is the case with many things far more frivilous than space exploration. Let's take money away from Nicole Kidman and American Idol before we slash the already beliguered space programs of the world. Programs that offer a long-term benefit to our civilization.

Good for India. I just said it in another post but I do hope that all of these nations reaching for the Moon (and Mars) encourage one another to reach even farther and farther from Earth.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

those poor suns of bethces... they won't need to bathe.

What a disgusting way to phrase your prejudiced and ignorant statements.

There are Indians on this board. One of them is a moderator. Would you say the same sort of thing to their faces?

I don't know how your kind of talk squares with the Terms & Conditions, but if I were a moderator I would penalize you for this revolting behaviour. And right now I'm very unhappy with the Terms & Conditions, because they will not permit me to address you in the terms you so richly deserve.

My thoughts exactly! But Aramco's rant doesn't reflect mainstream American thinking, I hope!

Is it any surprise that this is why the world hates America? Arrogance personified! The mods must ban this guy or we're gonna lose confidence in their ability to invoke the clause for permanent ban of these trolls!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Great, Hindu is a race and Indian aerospace companies are far superior than their American counterparts. I do not think I will last long here if that is what you people think.

jra

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Great, Hindu is a race and Indian aerospace companies are far superior than their American counterparts. I do not think I will last long here if that is what you people think.

No one said or thinks that Indian aerospace companies are far superior than their American counterparts. Where are you seeing that stated in this thread?

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by da king
lemme ask u a question wht r u whts ur cultural background. answer this if you got ballz.

Well, he's been back on the thread since you posted that and he hasn't answered your question, so I guess we can draw our own conclusions.

Any more news about the Indian moon programme? Are they planning to build their own tech from scratch or will they cooperate with the Americans to get their moon vehicle out of Earth's gravity well?

jra

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Any more news about the Indian moon programme? Are they planning to build their own tech from scratch or will they cooperate with the Americans to get their moon vehicle out of Earth's gravity well?

Not sure exactly what they will use to get to the Moon in, but they have built there own rockets. They're working on a new heavy lift rocket called the GSLV III and a small reusable and remote piloted RLV.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

No one said or thinks that Indian aerospace companies are far superior than their American counterparts. Where are you seeing that stated in this thread?

Originally posted by PhloydPhanIndia has a very young but very capable space program, and this project is well within their capabilities in the indicated timeframe.

right there

Originally posted by jra
. And no they aren't like Boeing, Lockheed or any of those guys, but who's to say they can't be some day?

right there again

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhloydPhan
It looks like India is planning a manned lunar landing sometime in the 2020 timeframe, according to:

Just can't see it myself, India has many problems closer to home and spending what would be extortionate amounts of money on what is just 'feelgood politics' will probably do nobody any favours. The 'moon' has all been done before, what possible motive could there be for going back to a lifeless rock except to base fuelling stations for a Mars trip?

Mars has to be the next goal for any 'space savvy' nation or consortium of nations.

Seems like this may be just gesture politics in their continuing war of ideals with Pakistan! I hope they do it, but I'll have a large wager that this is just political spin.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yea i knw india has a big population so why don't they just fight them off and leave them useless like afghanistan where there aren't any postal services and stuff. I bet india has big army with load of weapons

[edit on 12/2/2006 by da king]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moorlok

Originally posted by PhloydPhan
It looks like India is planning a manned lunar landing sometime in the 2020 timeframe, according to:

Just can't see it myself, India has many problems closer to home and spending what would be extortionate amounts of money on what is just 'feelgood politics' will probably do nobody any favours. The 'moon' has all been done before, what possible motive could there be for going back to a lifeless rock except to base fuelling stations for a Mars trip?

Mars is out of reach for India and a Moon shot with today's technology can contribute a significant amount to science in general. They won't be sending up 60s technology and if it can get them to the level where they can contribute in a meaningful way to a Mars mission, then good on them. As for this being "feel good politics", your wrong by a long shot. Space Programs at this stage in a Nations development is perhaps one of the most pragmatic and practical things the nation can do right now. It will provide a vast technological base, increase employment in high payed and skilled sectors, technologies developed through the space program can than in turn be spun off to benefit the economy, much like Apollo did for the US economy. Also remember that the next major battlefield is going to be in Space and in that area India is far behind the Space Arms race(which has already begun).

Seems like this may be just gesture politics in their continuing war of ideals with Pakistan! I hope they do it, but I'll have a large wager that this is just political spin.

Pakistan is small fries compared to the stakes India is playing for these days. They are vying for superpower status and a country cannot really claim that until they have a robust Space Program for both Civilian Exploration/Science and Military.

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I just found this, India is not an original member of the ISS contracting body.

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by moorlok
India has many problems closer to home and spending what would be extortionate amounts of money... will probably do nobody any favours.

Gosh, I remember people using exactly the same arguments against the American space programme when I was a boy. Wonder where all those naysayers went?

Originally posted by sardion2000
Space Programs at this stage in a Nations development is perhaps one of the most pragmatic and practical things the nation can do right now. It will provide a vast technological base, increase employment in high payed and skilled sectors, technologies developed through the space program can than in turn be spun off to benefit the economy, much like Apollo did for the US economy.

You're absolutely right. It troubles me that so many people only see merit in endeavours whose benefits can be defined and predicted from the outset. If our ancestors had thought like that the human race today would be a very sorry lot.

Sometimes it is necessary to have the nerve and the imagination to take up things whose practical benefits are indistinct but potentially very great. Space exploration is a lot like that.

By the way, I'm not seeing Aramco's posts. I haven't put him/her on Ignore or anything and I see he/she is still posting, so what's going on?

[edit on 5-12-2006 by Astyanax]

jra

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Gosh, I remember people using exactly the same arguments against the American space programme when I was a boy. Wonder where all those naysayers went?

They're still around. Probably part of the reason why NASA usually gets neglecting proper funding, due to the lack of public and political interest, but it's getting better slowly I think.

You're absolutely right. It troubles me that so many people only see merit in endeavours whose benefits can be defined and predicted from the outset. If our ancestors had thought like that the human race today would be a very sorry lot.

Exactly. If the various nations of Europe decided not to fund the many voyages to the 'new world' (which were rather expensive if i recall correctly) North and South America would be very different places right now.

By the way, I'm not seeing Aramco's posts. I haven't put him/her on Ignore or anything and I see he/she is still posting, so what's going on?

I've noticed that he's replied to the thread as well. I think he's been put on global ignore (and rightly so in my opinion).

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i guess he aint guts to talk crap anymore he couldn't back it up any ways

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Arrogance personified! The mods must ban this guy Aramco or we're gonna lose confidence in their ability to invoke the clause for permanent ban of these trolls!

Probably the mods have responded to my earnest appeal to haul him over the coals for his obnoxious posts!!

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrypsycho1977
to be honest, the u.s. is a country with a lot of social and economic problems, yet we still spend money on things such as the space program or other more frivolous efforts like paying scientists to gauge how fast ketchup pours from a bottle.

maybe an active space program in india will ignite the fires of hope in its people much like ours did in the 60's.

i guess i'm just trying to sorta be optimistic.

Stop the space program? The money is well spent.. Debating that the space program is a waste of money is ignorant.
And since when do we pay jack asses to calculate the rate of ketchup from a bottle?

pfft

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join