It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TC's hero revealed!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 12:39 PM
link   
(and it looks like he has a real beer in his hand as well
)

www.thesun.co.uk...

SPRIGHTLY Edgar Moore still loves a beer at 100 years old � after sinking a mind-boggling 62,780 PINTS down the years.

The retired farm worker has supped two glasses every day since he left school at 14.

And he says he has never been sozzled ONCE.

Edgar�s huge total would cost him �87,000 at today�s prices � but he insists it�s been money well spent.

He said yesterday: �I�ve enjoyed a couple of pints of mild every single day since I started work, and I think it�s kept me young.

�When you tot up the cost it sounds a fortune � but it�s a small price for all the enjoyment.

�There�s nothing like having a natter with the lads and a laugh with the barmaids.

�I�ve got a dodgy knee, but I still manage to walk half a mile backwards and forwards to the pub at lunchtime.�

Edgar, bought his first beer by fellow farmhands in 1916, didn�t miss a session for 61 years at the Mill Road club in S#horpe, North Lincs.

After moving in 1981 he shifted his allegiance to the Pied Piper two miles away and still rolls up each lunchtime.

Regulars celebrated his 100th birthday with a karaoke party on Saturday.

Edgar always times his arrival for happy hour, when the price of mild falls from �1.71 to �1.40.

He added: �I always have two pints, never more. It perks me up no end.�

The only time Edgar went on a bender was when wife Ada died ten years ago. He said: �It hit me badly. I began having four pints a day and gambling on horses.

�Luckily my pub pals got me on the right track and I was soon back to my two-pint routine.�

[Edited on 6-11-2002 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Obie-wan! And a real beer, not Budweiser!

posted on Nov, 6 2002 @ 08:33 PM
link   
eminem is my hero

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 03:49 AM
link   
you had the link -I thought that was TC himself.

posted on Nov, 7 2002 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I know you guys mock Bud -and what's dished up as Budweiser in the UK is even worse that the US version - but if you ever get to the Czech Republic (and you can occasionally get it elsewhere) try a glass, or ten, of real Budweiser, from Budovice -nectar of the gods.
They actually had to fight a legal battle to use the name!

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
...but if you ever get to the Czech Republic (and you can occasionally get it elsewhere) try a glass, or ten, of real Budweiser, from Budovice -nectar of the gods.
They actually had to fight a legal battle to use the name!

Did you ever visited CR ? That's absolutely true. The original name in Czech is "BUDVAR" from "Ceske Budejovice" and I drink it often in some pub near my home

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am pleased to say that I have drank one (or more, it's hard to remember) of the real thing. It is all what you say, if not more.
American Bud should be ashamed to even call itself Bud.

posted on Jan, 2 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hi, Roderick -welcome to the Treatment Centre. (and a splendidly literary choice of name).
It was still Czechoslovakia when I was there -I did a 6-month contract in Prague: Spring and Summer, luckily - and much of my salary went to the local brewers, I'm afraid.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon

It was still Czechoslovakia when I was there -I did a 6-month contract in Prague: Spring and Summer, luckily - and much of my salary went to the local brewers, I'm afraid.

Ha ha ha....The last time that I saw Czechoslovakia,I was sighting a Czechoslovakian borders guard in my rifle scope !
The poor guy was completely drunk !
Fortunately for him, me, I was stoned and unable to aim correctly !

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Was that military service with NATO, U-P.
You'll have grasped the essence of the cold war: millions of Slavs, Magyars and E.Germans on Budvar, plum-brandy and Stolichnaya facing millions of NATO troops on marijuana and Cutty Sark!
Who needed weapons?
Thank heavens peace was declared.

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Estragon, it was an humoristic ( and probably stupid ) post. Nothing more.

Please, forgive my poor humoristic attempt.

I can certified you that, in fact, I wasn't stoned and the border guard wasnt' drunk !

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
American budweiser is tasteless pigs pi$$, the Czech stuff rules!

And if you're ever in Brittany(franse) go 2 the finistere province and try the cider

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I can say with confidence that Budweiser is in fact pigs pi$$. What�s a bigger travesty is that I have seen clubs charge over $4 for a 12 oz. bottle of this crap beer.

I don�t know if it�s the Midwest appeal or what � but Pabst beer is now trendy in my area.

Truth be told � there is good American beer out there at the micro breweries! And there�s always Sam Adams!

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
After discovering this stuff in upstate NY, I am an ordained minister spreading the word of Saranac!

My Favorite:

Second(More like 1b!)

And if you find a place by you on the retailer indicator link....keep it to yourself, I wish them wealth, but not enough to go too big and loose that Adirondack's flavor!

www.saranac.com

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
ultra_phoenix: You are right. Soldiers need very much beer - service is boring. There are our weapons

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roderick_Usher
ultra_phoenix: You are right. Soldiers need very much beer - service is boring. There are our weapons

Even if I was drinking when I was in the Army, I wasn't drinking when I was in duty !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I understand,that's the alcohol addicteds topics.

So, this is my poor contribution to you all ( May I say that I'm feeling very sorry for you guys
)

www.belgianshop.com...

[Edited on 4-1-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 3 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
In U-P's part of the world, they brew (I almost said "make/manufacture"! Eek!) some of the finest bottled beer on the planet: it's always labelled "Trappist" (after the notoriously silent monks) and is -I believe- restricted to 6 authentic breweries.
Its strength ranges from moderate to rocket-fuel. Look out for the name "Chimay", in particular.
It is exported, and it is a veritable orgasm of the palate.

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I don't know if it's restricted to 6 authentic breweries.
But for the "Chimay" beer, you right. I'm happy to know that you know this beer.
It's a good one.

I don't remember how many beers we have, but it's +/- 1000 I think. Now we have Budweiser & Corona beers also, but for us, it's like drinking water.

The most commons beers drunk in Belgium are the " Stella Artois " beer and the " Jupiler " beer.

Drinking one Jupiler is almost equal to drink +/- 10 buds.
And most of us are able to drink more than 20/25 Jupiler beers without any problems.

ha ha ha, I remember those germans who were completely drunk just after 5 or 6 jupiler !

P.S : Do not think that we are all alcohol addicted. It's not true. Except for some few morons, we are all responsibles peoples.

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
PBR has become trendy in some areas? Oh my goodness, the country has deteriorated further than I could have imagined!
You are right that there are great beers in America, and all of them come from microbreweries and are drank on site. As pastuerization is necessary (thereby killing the beer) and alcohol contnet limited by law (while killing creativity, it ensures that drunks must drink more of the scum water, thereby increasing revenue), drinking other than on site microbrewery beer in America is a waste of time.

posted on Jan, 4 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   
yes TC - Pabst is trendy, I don't get it. But, when the goin' gets tough - I've been known to drink it. (don't tell anyone) LOL.

top topics

join