It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United France and Germany?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

Whoa, can anyone back this up? Nans?

If this happened it would be one more step, no a gigantic leap, towards a United Europe. The you-know-who's would go ape#!

Personally I think it's just a German trick to lull the French into complaceny. They've invaded France 3 times in the last 100 or so years....maybe they figured they'd give it one more try.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
www.guardian.co.uk...

Whoa, can anyone back this up? Nans?

Yeah, that's old news. It was initially announced a couple of weeks back. If anything it's against the spirit of the Union - which of course is supposed to be a union of ALL countries concerned, not whichever individual countries fancy teaming up to scratch each others backs - and as such has already caused some resentment and concern.

The Germans already hold more cards than most in Europe, being the official banking centre for the European Union. A few years back something like 80% of the UK's gold reserves were VERY quietly shipped to Germany for that reason. I'd assume much the same occured with all the other member countries, so realistically, Germany has got everybody pretty much by the bollocks anyway.

It's even more ironic given that the Federalisation and harmonisation of Europe under one currency and a single central Government was Hitler's dream. They got the # kicked out of them during the war, but they certainly won the peace.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SabbyJ

It's even more ironic given that the Federalisation and harmonisation of Europe under one currency and a single central Government was Hitler's dream. They got the # kicked out of them during the war, but they certainly won the peace.

Hell, I don't think he was intrested in "federalization"....

But anyway, I'm pretty damn sure the EU doesn't have a racial purity agenda like ol' Adolph.

I just think this Unipolar system we have in the world right now isn't working. I'm a fan of keeping these Multi-polar, with checks and balances, so to speak.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Shoot ,France and Germany were united back in the day, why not know? Go for it guys!

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Personally I think it's just a German trick to lull the French into complaceny. They've invaded France 3 times in the last 100 or so years....maybe they figured they'd give it one more try.

IMO this is a bit one-sided. They both have invaded each other numerous times, it's just that the Germans, for the most part, have had the upper hand.

When the Germans do something, they try to perfect it. Most of modern technology and medicine came from German research.

I am not defending anything they did in the past. But on the other hand, out of these evils grew the modern world.

Just my opinion, but maybe unfair because I'm rather partial to the 'ol Germans

new topics

top topics

join