It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has history been tampered with?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Did events and eras such as the crucifixion of jesus christ, the Roman Empire, The dark ages, and the Renaissance, actually occur within a very differnt chronology from what we've been told?? the history of humankind is both drastically shorter than generally presumed.

check out this clip

video.google.com...

i am sure this is true, beause our time is screwed up on purpose. thats we we have the gregorian calendar right now which is 365 1/4 instead of 360 days like we should truely have. 360 is a complete circle, and that makes more sense too doesnt it?

anyways

i think this is a nice clip , it adds along to most of my theories anyway

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:58 AM
link   
i actually totally agree with your thought. what is the old addage? history is written by the victors? if you look around this site, especially on the secret societies portion or the govt bases you know about the disinformation and the re-writing of history that is taking place in the modern age, imagine how easy it was for a select few 2000 years ago to manipulate events the way that they wanted them presented.

i'll post something more after i go in to a few of my books, but one that comes to mind is the sign and the seal by graham hancock (i know how much some of you loathe him but i think that at least he makes some good points). i will find direct quotes but i remember something about a theory that the jewish monarchy covered up the seizure of the ark by the ethiopians.

anyway... thats my say....

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
here are two quotes from 1984 by george orwell that can be applied to your theory.

quote:
"For, after all, how do we know that two and two make four? Or that the force of gravity works? Or that the past is unchangeable? If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and the mind itself is contrallable--what then?"

quote:
"Past events , it is argued, have no objective existence, but survive only in written records and human memories. The past is whatever the records and the memories agree upon. And since the Party is in full control of all records, and in equally full control of all the minds of its members, it follows that the past is whatever the Party chooses to make it."

[edit on 11/8/2006 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by divine chronic

i am sure this is true, beause our time is screwed up on purpose. thats we we have the gregorian calendar right now which is 365 1/4 instead of 360 days like we should truely have. 360 is a complete circle, and that makes more sense too doesnt it?

Why should we have a 360 day calendar when it takes 365.24 days to orbit the Sun?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Why should we have a 360 day calendar when it takes 365.24 days to orbit the Sun?

YES we do have 365.24 days a year with THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR.

because this calendar is modified to make the years longer...

dont you think its weird we have 28 days one month, and 30 another etc..?

it should be even right? its a full orbit around the sun. 360.. or 365 1/4? which sounds right?

according to the mayan calendar we have 360 days a year, that's 12 months each year 30 days each month, 5 weeks per month, and 6 days per week... Now Thats is even.

and the same for our time. our time is screwed up too.

but i cant get into all that now.

but i made a perfect calendar, and clock using a hexagram and 6's.

anyways.. i hope u get my drift here

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   

according to the mayan calendar we have 360 days a year, that's 12 months each year 30 days each month, 5 weeks per month, and 6 days per week

not quite
most ancient cultures had a 360 day year
the odd few days left were still there though
they didnt suddenly pop into being with the gregorian calendar
in egypt and mesopotamia the extra days not on the calendar were regarded as days out of time and the days when the gods were not watching over humanity. during this time rituals were enacted to ensure the gods returned in time for the new year
they started counting the new year when a certain constellation returned to its position as it did every year at the same time after 365.24 days
so the ancients did have a 365.24 day calendar
they only counted 360 days of it though

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

according to the mayan calendar we have 360 days a year, that's 12 months each year 30 days each month, 5 weeks per month, and 6 days per week

not quite
most ancient cultures had a 360 day year
the odd few days left were still there though
they didnt suddenly pop into being with the gregorian calendar
in egypt and mesopotamia the extra days not on the calendar were regarded as days out of time and the days when the gods were not watching over humanity. during this time rituals were enacted to ensure the gods returned in time for the new year
they started counting the new year when a certain constellation returned to its position as it did every year at the same time after 365.24 days
so the ancients did have a 365.24 day calendar
they only counted 360 days of it though

you are partly correct.

i just have to take time to figure out how to get leap years right with a 360 day calendar.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
good luck with that
everyone else figured it out about 5000 years ago

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The claim that human civilization is only 1000 years old doesnt make sense to me. What, we just... appeared? There are clearly MUCH older constructions than this in the world, not to mention writings.

No, I dont buy this theory. Mostly because I think history is too complicated to have been fabricated. I mean, how can you *imagine* something that so clearly match real archeological finds?

[edit on 9-11-2006 by merka]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Although i agree that things did not happen exactly as our historians said they did.. I don't want to give any leverage to the christian fundamentalists who say the world is only a few thousand years old.

Science has satisfactorally answered many of those questions for me.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Because this calendar is modified to make the years longer...

What would be the advantage of that?

Not really

it should be even right? its a full orbit around the sun. 360.. or 365 1/4? which sounds right?

The Gregorian calendar is based on physical principals. The Earth(physical) rotating around the sun (physical).They (Mayan) also had a calander for time keeping/Taxes (HAAB) which has 365.25 days.

The 360 Day Tun calendar (divine/prophetic), which works in sync with the Txolkin(astrological) calander, has nothing to do with time/date keeping, but deals with the growth of consciousness and creation.

according to the mayan calendar we have 360 days a year,

No, they knew it took 365.24 days for the sun to rotate the earth.

and the same for our time. our time is screwed up too.

How does time get screwed up?

[edit on 11/9/2006 by pstiffy]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The claim that human civilization is only 1000 years old doesnt make sense to me.

doesn't make much sense to me either seeing as no one has ever claimed that
creationists claim the earth is currently 6010 years old

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The video is bunk, and seems to just be an ad for a book.

They claim that 'nothing has been accurately dated prior to the 11th century. Thats a flat out lie.

The claim that heiroglyphics were invetned around a 1,000 years ago, and then instantly all the writting forms that exist came into beings within a few years from that, so just plain stupid.

The claim that history was invented by the jesuits is ludicrous. Lots of non-jesuits are invovled in the reconstruction of history.

The whole thing seems to stem from the author/creators surprise that we don't have all the original manuscripts for all various written sources on historical events. We don't have the orignal manuscript for the contemporary accounts of Alexander the Great's campaigns, therefore we can't say when it happened.
The author/creator is apparently surprised that history isn't simple and dry cut, that documents don't allways have time stamps on them and a precisely controlled chains of possession, and therefore feels that they must all be fake.

Then it seems to suggest that, prior to the printing press, all maps were inaccurate and unusable.

It also suggests that, because people in the 10th and surrounding centuries didn't have a solid understanding of ancient history, that therefore there is no such thing as ancient history, and that it was all just an attempt to fabricate everything.

It makes an illogical arguement with respect to c14 dating. It states that it has an error bar of 1500 years. C14 dating is not the end all and be all of dating, firstly, and the error on c14 dating can be around 1%. Neverminding that this is a false illogical arguement, if the error is +/- 1,500 years, then that doesn't mean that we can't go back further than 1,500 years, which is what they are implying.
We even have tree ring records that go back further than the video suggests.

It then makes bland statements like 'ptolomey's 'tractus' supposedly from the 2nd century bc, has astronomical data from the 9th', but then doesn't demonstrate this. Or that bronze is made up of tin and copper, but tin extraction didn't exist until the 14th century.
So by what they are saying, history begins at 1,000 AD, then the ability to make bronze objects doesn't even exist until the 1500s. Does that make sense to anyone here? Does that seem a reasonable explanation of the data that is out there, the artefacts, or even the current state of the world? That the bronze age actually occured 500 years ago, and we've jumped to this current state in a mere 500 years? And meanwhile all these records have been fabricated, or, as they might imply, created through errors (and everyone consistently makes the same errors???).

i am sure this is true, beause our time is screwed up on purpose. thats we we have the gregorian calendar right now which is 365 1/4 instead of 360 days like we should truely have.

Europeans have switched their calender system because they haven't understood completely how the days occur and how the earth moves about the sun. Its only recently that man has figured that out, and because of that, most places have adopted the modern calender.

360 is a complete circle, and that makes more sense too doesnt it?

Why does it 'make more sense' that the earth's orbit and rotation should be such that each rotation occurs over a period of time coincident with one degree of revolution about the sun, over an orbit that is perfectly round??? Why do those utterly human abstract conceptions 'make more sense'??

Did events and eras such as the crucifixion of jesus christ, the Roman Empire, The dark ages, and the Renaissance, actually occur within a very differnt chronology from what we've been told??

Who told anyone? People have had to go out there and figure these things out, it wasn't told to us. The average joe doesn't bother to try to figure these things out and accepts whats been told him, sure. Who's been telling the thousands of people that have studied and reconstructed history then? And to what purpose?

YES we do have 365.24 days a year with THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR.

Dude, we have a 365.24 day calender because it takes 365.24 days for the earth to make one complete revolution around the sun.

because this calendar is modified to make the years longer...

A year is 'one revolution around the sun'. The calender doesn't make it 'look longer'.

A 'month' is not some objective unit out there in the world, its a construct, created by men. We could divide the year up into equal 'metric' units, sure. BUt that'd be an abstract construction of men also.

it should be even right?

Why?
Why 'should' it be anything? If we wanted to, we could eliminate 'months' all together, and just have weeks and days. We could have weeks of '10 days each' if we wanted.

according to the mayan calendar we have 360 days a year

Where are you getting this from? The mayan calender doesn't have 360 days a year.

Now Thats is even.

Its also completely wrong. A 'day' is the period for one complete rotation of the earth about its axis. A year is the period for one complete revolution around the sun. There are 365.25 Days within a Year. Its an objective fact.

We could have decided that a revolution around the sun is meaningless, and we could, say, create a calender of 360 days, sure. But that calender wouldn't be in synch with the seasons. One year, summer would be in warm months, many years later, it'd be in cold snowy months.
Is that important? To us, today, not really, who cares if the months don't synch with the seasons. BUt to the people that created the calenders, it was important, because they were dependant on natural phenomena that their life was built around. Hence, a calender that lets you know where in the seasonal cycle you are, made up of divisions based on 'sunrises and sunsets' or 'days', which aggregrate into 'weeks', another meaningless, but pragmatically useful, concept, and which themselves are grouped into 'months', with the months being determined in part by the cycling of the moon, because that was of import to the ancients.

To us, no, its all meaningless. We don't even really need this concept of 'a day', what does it matter that the earth takes 24 hours, or any other measure of time, to complete a rotation? It means nothing, especially when people can get up at sunset, hope onto a plane, fly around the world, and land where the sun is setting, or rising again, or are communicating with people on the other side of the planet, one in 'daytime' another in 'nighttime'.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Documentally
Although i agree that things did not happen exactly as our historians said they did.. I don't want to give any leverage to the christian fundamentalists who say the world is only a few thousand years old.

By all means lets make sure we don't approve of any scientific research that by coincidence might possibly benefit the arguments of someone we don't like. That's a good way to conduct a debate.

The pro-science crowd are slowly starting to resemble their close-minded adversaries. Dr. Zaius would be proud.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

The claim that human civilization is only 1000 years old doesnt make sense to me.

doesn't make much sense to me either seeing as no one has ever claimed that
creationists claim the earth is currently 6010 years old

SOMEONE is obviously claiming it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKMDC1

The pro-science crowd are slowly starting to resemble their close-minded adversaries. Dr. Zaius would be proud.

Since when were "pro-science" debaters not closed minded? They have always been to my knowledge.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Wow is all I have to say about this video. I'm just speachless, don't know where to start. Human civilization is barely 1000 years old, WOW.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't buy the whole "Civilization is only 1000 years old" bit, but I'd have to say that if I were a betting man,I'd bet histroy has certainly been tampered with. Look at school text books,for God's sake!! They don't even come close to telling people the truth. George Washington, a military genius? Pffft. Of twelve battles that he was over,how many do you think he won? Three. I am sorry but history,particularly text book history, distorts the truth.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

this book will change your entire perception of history forever

in my case it has only led me to the belief that Anatoly Fomenko is a complete cretin

luckily theres a wiki page on it already
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I don't buy the whole "Civilization is only 1000 years old" bit, but I'd have to say that if I were a betting man,I'd bet histroy has certainly been tampered with. Look at school text books,for God's sake!! They don't even come close to telling people the truth. George Washington, a military genius? Pffft. Of twelve battles that he was over,how many do you think he won? Three. I am sorry but history,particularly text book history, distorts the truth.

yup. history has definitely been modified.

IT'S A STORY....but not just a story, but HIS-story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join