It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone can Lucid Dream, Here is how!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hi, This is my first thread, First off let me explain how my first lucid dream occured. It was the summer between 7th and 8th grade, it was two weeks before 8th grade was to start. The last few precious days of summer were left as it was almost time to begin a new school year in 8th grade. As i went to bed that night i dreamt i was at school, midway thru the dream i realized, WAIT, school wont start for two more weeks! This is a dream! The dream was short, but i understood from that point on that i could realize i was dreaming in a dream.

After that it was only here and there that i would occasionally realize, for one reason or another, that i was dreaming. After i realized i was dreaming i could fly, move objects and do things as i never could before. Like i said this lucid dreaming was spuratic upto now (im 26 years old).

I read a thread not too long ago that offered ways to improve lucid dreams and help them to occur more often. He stated you have to look for tells that you are dreaming, maybe a pink elephant, you cant feel pain ect....Well the second night after reading that thread i had a dream, i was in a house, talking to my brother, something didnt seem right, the house wasnt right, i then asked my brother, can you feel pain? He gave a wierd look and replied yeah, of course and gave me a strange look. Then suddenly i had a pair of pliers in my hand, I took them and pinched a finger in them, NO PAIN, Then i put my finger in my mouth and bit myself, NO PAIN, I was lucid dreaming! I realized that Nothing was right, the house wasnt right, my brother wasnt right, the time wasnt right, THIS WAS A DREAM! As he stated you can get too excited and knock yourself out of a dream)., i remembered this and tried to stay calm, even as excited as i was. First thing i wanted to do was fly. As i thought this i rose to the ceiling, But it seemed as though i stayed in place and my surroundings dropped at an instant and there i was, floating in the air. I didnt have to go anywhere, everything came to me!

That was the end of my dream. I realized 1) You have to take everything in steps. Realize Nothing is right, this has to be a dream. 2) Confirm that its a dream, No pain, Pink elephant. This isnt real, this is a dream. 3) attempt something impossible; flying, making objects appear, doing what ever you want. 4) take it one step at a time, if you get too excited, i tend to be knocked out of the dream. 5) Take it one step at a time, if you can fly in the house, next time try and fly outside, then all the way up in the sky, then fly anywhere you want to. One step at a time.

Good luck everyone!!! Let me know if any of this was of any help. After my last dream i felt very spiritual, like i was completly disconnected from my body. Almost as if i understood life after death, This is what prompted me to sign up to ATS and create this thread. I want others to share the same thing.

join