It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Sweep GOP out of House of Representatives

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I predict that Bush us gonna be like Arnold Schwarzenegger. After being beaten by the opponets, he finally decided to surrender to the opponets and work with them.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
When you start railing against the other, legal or not, stop for a moment and try and put yourself in their shoes. Our common humanity is far more valuable and precious than any precieved difference. after all unless you are native American we are all decendents of immigrants, legal or not, who were despised when they first arrived here.

I agree with everything you said, except "legal or not". I am ALL for immigration, but legal. I'm the first born in America on my father's side of the family, but they came here legally. There are American tax funded systems in place to help those who are in need of food, financial, or medical assistance. Those systems are inundated with people coming here illegally from other countries who are paid under the table, so that legal citizens in need have a VERY hard time getting help.

"Well there goes the neighborhood."
Chief Powhatan on seeing a white man for the first time.

Yeah, and look how well things worked out for them.....

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
Bush's reaction is simply the rational, logical, adult reaction to accepting the fact that he lost a public referendum on his policies. Folks love to make fun of him and remind us how stupid he is, but apparently he's smart enough to realize when he's been beaten, and how to accept it with rationality and civility.

You're right, I do love to make fun of him. I wouldn't say he's stupid though, alot of other things, but not stupid. But honestly, I'll miss some things about the "decider" when he leaves, mostly that there will be no more Bushisms, eventually the old ones will lose their comedic value...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

You're right, I do love to make fun of him. I wouldn't say he's stupid though, alot of other things, but not stupid. But honestly, I'll miss some things about the "decider" when he leaves, mostly that there will be no more Bushisms, eventually the old ones will lose their comedic value...

I would actually call him stupid. Especially after what I found out last night. But there's a big difference between just making fun of someone, and making a qualified statement, so here goes.

Turns out a friend of mine's sister used to work for him, back when he was just an incompetent businessman. Now, keep in mind this was before he was ever president, and before he was even Governor. He was, and I quote "always snorting lines of coke in his office," and apparently had a rather nasty habit of physically sexually harassing her to the point she finally told her father about it.

Apparently at the time, Older Bush 41 was President, because her father went up to the company, straight to his office, interrupted younger Bush WHILE he was doing a line, grabbed him by the collar, and said "I don't care if you are the President's son, you touch my daughter again, and I will lay you out."

This is not supposition, urban legend, or some mythical source like "my formr college roomate's father's brother's next door neighbor's cousin's dog"... this is a respectable family I've known very closely for 20 years, and they've never been hasty or brash to act on anything. Last night was the first time I'd heard about it.

It just gives me one more reason to be thankful his power has been snipped, and more convinced he never should have even been on the ballot.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Name names, or keep your stories to yourself.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:41 PM
link   

This is pretty much common knowledge in Texas.

Might I suggest You read "Fortunate Son" if you want names.
The author died of mysterious circumstances to add to its legimaticy.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
I would actually call him stupid. Especially after what I found out last night.

Wow, interesting. Believable as well. Still dunno if that qualifies as stupid, or in the "other things" that I would call him category such as a disrespectful cokehead pig, or something along those lines...

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

This is pretty much common knowledge in Texas.

Might I suggest You read "Fortunate Son" if you want names.
The author died of mysterious circumstances to add to its legimaticy.

Bush Accuser Dies Of Drug Overdose

by Irene Noguchi

The troubled author of a biography accusing President Bush of hiding a three-decade-old coc aine arrest committed suicide Wednesday. James Howard Hatfield, 43, was found in a hotel room in Springdale, Ark., and appeared to have died from a overdose of prescription drugs, police said.

Hatfield wrote "Fortunate Son: George W. Bush and the Making of an American President" in 1999. The book cited unnamed sources in claiming that Bush was arrested in 1972 but that his case was expunged. Bush, who was campaigning for president when the book was published, denied the allegations.

I obviously haven't read the book, but this seems to indicate that Hatfield didn't name names either.

Police went to Hatfield's house Tuesday morning to arrest him on charges of credit card fraud, but Hatfield wasn't home, said Detective John Hubbard of the Bentonville, Ark., Police Department.

His body was found around noon Wednesday by a hotel housekeeper. Hatfield left notes for his family and friends that listed alcohol, financial problems and "Fortunate Son" as reasons for killing himself, police said. He is survived by a wife and daughter.

These circumstances don't seem too mysterious to me.

Hatfield was convicted in 1988 of paying a hit man $5,000 to murder his former boss with a car bomb. Both passengers in the vehicle, the intended victim and a colleague, escaped unharmed when the bomb malfunctioned. After news of that conviction surfaced, it was also discovered that Hatfield had pleaded guilty to embezzlement in 1992.

Is it just me, or does this take away from this ex-person's credibility just a little bit?

Link

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Very well. I'll ask if they're comfortable with my giving their names, and to the best of their recollection, the date. If not, then I won't. To be honest though, if I'm not comfortable giving my own real name here, I don't know that they would be.

Wow, interesting. Believable as well. Still dunno if that qualifies as stupid, or in the "other things" that I would call him category such as a disrespectful cokehead pig, or something along those lines...

In my opinion, anyone that does coc aine is stupid, regardless of what any piece of paper says to the contrary. And the same, IMO, can be said of someone who repeatedly physically sexually harasses someone after being told in no uncertain terms not to repeatedly. I suppose that also repeatedly causing businesses under his control to fail could additionally qualify the accusation of stupid, but in truth, I'd be most concerned about the President's coc aine habit than anything else.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Is it just me, or does this take away from this ex-person's credibility just a little bit?

Link

Might I also suggest you read this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

what, you think we rode in from Crawford on a load of pumpkins?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

In my opinion, anyone that does coc aine is stupid, regardless of what any piece of paper says to the contrary.

Well, if I agreed, I'd be calling myself stupid since I've done my share of experimentation and partying in the past. I've grown out of it all and would NEVER touch any of it again, by my own choice, but everybody makes mistakes.

And the same, IMO, can be said of someone who repeatedly physically sexually harasses someone after being told in no uncertain terms not to repeatedly.

Yeah, but it probably wasn't that he was stupid in that he doesn't understand 'no', he just didn't care. That's worse though, IMO. I guess we could go round and round with the semantics of stupid, and it's silly since we both agree he sucks, lol.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I confess that I can be a bit slow on the uptake occaisionally. This is one of those times.

Are you trying to say the article I linked to is disinformation?....Or that I am a disinfo- agent?

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I confess that I can be a bit slow on the uptake occaisionally. This is one of those times.

Are you trying to say the article I linked to is disinformation?....Or that I am a disinfo- agent?

Maybe if you would provide some links to your article I could maka a valid assement of your position.

Do you think Mr. Hatfield was a disinfo agent? Oh, thats right you havent read the
book.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well, if I agreed, I'd be calling myself stupid since I've done my share of experimentation and partying in the past. I've grown out of it all and would NEVER touch any of it again, by my own choice, but everybody makes mistakes.

True, but then again, you're neither the President's son, nor aspiring to become the President yourself. Still, you do raise a valid point, kids that experiment till they settle down is also one thing. But once you put on the suit and become the head of a corporation, it's time to put the toys away till the weekend, and not bring them out during working hours.

The combination of all those things together at the same time, however, is just flat out... a staggering lack of either common sense, or intelligence, on the scale I certainly would never trust him to run a small business, much less a large one, even more scary the thought of him as governor, and sure as hell not my country... but it happened.

I'm sorry, I've been turning this into a bash Bush thread, and such is not my intention, even though it probably looks like it. It's not even supposed to be a bash Republicans thread. Really. I apologize for bickering.

I can only hope our new Congress has learned the importance of either bipartisanship, or at least occasionally listening to the people. Just because they are Democrats doesn't mean they're saints. They've been given a chance, and it'd be heartbreaking to see them use it for revenge politics instead of getting to the real issues immediately.

Who knows... maybe this will start a New Age in politics... maybe seeing all this horrible stuff happen, and realizing how incredibly angry the people were about it, will open everyone's eyes. Maybe the political parties will start working together to figure out how to fix things instead of just bickering like I've been doing. It's a childishly optimistic view, perhaps, but at least now it's a glimmer of hope.

Hmmm...

I think I have a new thread in mind for PTS, unless it's already there. Basically a sort of handshake of Dems and Reps, maybe start making our senators and representatives work together instead of fighting each other, and get some work done.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

nor aspiring to become the President yourself

Hmmmm. Never know, lol.

Still, you do raise a valid point, kids that experiment till they settle down is also one thing. But once you put on the suit and become the head of a corporation, it's time to put the toys away till the weekend, and not bring them out during working hours.

You're right. I completely agree.

The combination of all those things together at the same time, however, is just flat out... a staggering lack of either common sense, or intelligence, on the scale I certainly would never trust him to run a small business, much less a large one, even more scary the thought of him as governor, and sure as hell not my country... but it happened.

Again, I think it was more of a "my daddy will bail me out" rich boy, lack of regard for anybody but himself, kind of thing....he did not earn ANY of the positions he's held.

I'm sorry, I've been turning this into a bash Bush thread, and such is not my intention, even though it probably looks like it. It's not even supposed to be a bash Republicans thread.

Well, the title of the thread is old news now, and we all know it was pretty much due to lack of support for the war, so the thread will prolly die anyway.

Maybe the political parties will start working together to figure out how to fix things instead of just bickering like I've been doing. It's a childishly optimistic view, perhaps, but at least now it's a glimmer of hope.

Optimism is not a bad thing, we'll have to wait and see....

[edit on 10-11-2006 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Maybe if you would provide some links to your article I could maka a valid assement of your position.

Do you think Mr. Hatfield was a disinfo agent? Oh, thats right you havent read the
book.

1) I didn't state my position, I admitted my confusion and I asked you for clarification.

2) There is a link in my first post and in your quote of my first post.

3) I asked you what you meant by refering me to the dis-information thread. Please explain.

4) I freely admited I haven't read the book. If you're just into playing games, say so and I'll move on.

posted on Nov, 10 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   

book.

1) I didn't state my position, I admitted my confusion and I asked you for clarification.

2) There is a link in my first post and in your quote of my first post.

3) I asked you what you meant by refering me to the dis-information thread. Please explain.

4) I freely admited I haven't read the book. If you're just into playing games, say so and I'll move on.

No games, read the book then get back to me or esle MOVE on.

I don't think you are a disinfo guy, I think you are a poofdy.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I don't think you are a disinfo guy, I think you are a poofdy.

[edit on 10-11-2006 by whaaa]

You're a sweetheart. That's the kindest thing anyone has said to me in weeks!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Natural Born Killers

Folks, this is a wonderful debate.
Now, we only need Cheney to take Bush hunting.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Ok, this has been an... interesting thread, to say the least.

To get back on topic, I'd like to make everyone understand that this was just a mid-term election. As such, the Democrat's victory is at best short-lived. Bush doesn't really care about what happens now, because he knows that he can't be re-elected. He knows his time as President is at an end, and is trying to go out gracefully, much to his own chagrin, I'm certain.

I think it's a good time now to remind everyone that just because this has happened doesn't mean that the People get to relax on the political front. The corruption has been rampant in DC for a long time, and it's only getting airtime now because people are getting semi-tired of it. The only way to eliminate corruption is to be as nosy as we can be in the business of our representatives. It's our duty to keep ourselves aprised as to what our representatives do while they are up there working "for us". It's only when we get really upset about it that they react, and that's only because they fear the People doing something rash, like voting them out.

Everyone's calling this election a revolution by the People. In many ways, it is. But there is the ever-present truth that the behavior represented by those that supposedly represent us will return, should we allow it. The main reason I say all of this is because I'm left to wonder that after all of this, if they do the same thing again, and don't listen to the People's wishes, what do we as The People do? How can we make a situation that is so out of hand any better?

I guess, in the end, all I wanna know is what can we do to keep these guys on the road to getting cleaned up? Also, what will we do if/when they fall back into the same power trap that they all have for the past 200 years? Because we can only elect so many people before we begin to see a track record of corruption, all the way from the first run-off elections to the primaries, and then to the main event.

It's with these questions that I leave you for the evening.

TheBorg

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join