It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Sweep GOP out of House of Representatives

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Typical liberal user may think it was a very good thing that the so called evil republicans have lost the election and it's a good thing that their favorite party is now in power. The media outlet and campaign ads has convenced the average couch potato that the republicans are the sources of the dark side, and they are joyfully happy that they have been defeated.

Wait until you see your typical american local neighborhood, town, or city located in the mid/east coast gets taken over at light speed by spanish speaking only mexicans to a point where it gets turned into another downtown los angeles or a mexican city. By the way, most of these people refuses to assimilate with the american sovereignty.

Thats because there is a good chance for an amnesty bill(that legalizes 12-20 million people that are in the country illigally to become american citizens) that will finally get passed now with the democrats taking control of the house. The media calls it immigration comprehension/reform or guestworker program.

And in the long run, the country will be taken over so badly that there will be some politicians running for US offices that represents another country interests rather than US.

If you think the republicans did such a bad job in the house, wait until you see what the democratic house actually does.

I am no big fan of the republicans in anyway but the future of our lifestyle in US does not look good.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by FilmRoll]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Dee dee dee!!! Brain damaged we are, and proud of it.

Well, I certainly can't argue with that.

Possibly the truest thing said by a leftie

Pokey Oats

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The amnesty scare is nothing than scare, already congress, Republican and Democrat knows what Americans think about amnesty.

We have state already that took matters in their own hand and they will prevail.

What I will like to know is how they are going to fix Iraq and how they are going to get us out of the mess we are with the economy and the deficit.

So Mrs. Pelosi What is the strategy about Iraq?

I will be waiting for that answer.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't really mind having either party taking control of the house Democrat or not.

As long as they don't sell out our sovereignty to another foreign country, that would be perfectly fine.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinityatthebridge
we lost the house and the senate. i am loading my guns and building my bomb shelter at 7 am.u areall on your own.

The leadership in the house and senate has changed parties plenty of times in history. I'm sure at each transition there were probably people who thought the whole world would end. You would think, though, after over 200 years of going through this, that people would learn it is a neccessary and vital part to the success of our nation. Sometimes government needs to be the stick, and sometimes it needs to be the carrot. Presently, carrots are looking mighty tasty.

Originally posted by kozmo
I mean, Nancy Pelosi??? Hello??? Since when did anyone desire Carl Marx to become Speaker of the House?

Probably shortly after they decided that they were tired of Adolf Hitler occupying the position.

Originally posted by FilmRoll
Wait until you see your typical american local neighborhood, town, or city located in the mid/east coast gets taken over at light speed by spanish speaking only mexicans to a point where it gets turned into another downtown los angeles or a mexican city.

And this sort of bigotry is exactly why the Republicans are now out of power, thank you very much. It does my heart good to see that, as a nation, we've become a bit more enlightened than the hate-filled, paranoid rants of a white supremist party.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
I wish I could do graphics. I would make a drawing of a bunch of hippies holding up a sign that read:

Halp us jsobecky- We R Stuck hear in Republik of Amerika

Ask Regenmacher for help. He's good with graphics.

I was a hippie in the Nixon era. One of the originals.

Originally posted by 27jd
Isn't this an awkward picture....

Yes it is, when you consider that she is two heartbeats away from the presidency...

Originally posted by Pedro Sanchez
A) you need a source to say Hussein was communicating with AlQaeda...havent you heard, the government still cant proove a connection.

Connection? You mean, like, exchanging Ramadan cards? There are all kinds of "connections".

article.nationalreview.com...
freerepublic.com...
www.regimeofterror.com...

There's also the issue of the training camps in northeastern Iraq; Kurdish territory, to be sure, but could not operate without at least the tacit approval of Saddam.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Originally posted by trinityatthebridge
we lost the house and the senate. i am loading my guns and building my bomb shelter at 7 am.u areall on your own.

The leadership in the house and senate has changed parties plenty of times in history. I'm sure at each transition there were probably people who thought the whole world would end. You would think, though, after over 200 years of going through this, that people would learn it is a neccessary and vital part to the success of our nation. Sometimes government needs to be the stick, and sometimes it needs to be the carrot. Presently, carrots are looking mighty tasty.

Originally posted by kozmo
I mean, Nancy Pelosi??? Hello??? Since when did anyone desire Carl Marx to become Speaker of the House?

Probably shortly after they decided that they were tired of Adolf Hitler occupying the position.

Wait until you see your typical american local neighborhood, town, or city located in the mid/east coast gets taken over at light speed by spanish speaking only mexicans to a point where it gets turned into another downtown los angeles or a mexican city.

And this sort of bigotry is exactly why the Republicans are now out of power, thank you very much. It does my heart good to see that, as a nation, we've become a bit more enlightened than the hate-filled, paranoid rants of a white supremist party.

AMEN...AMEN...AMEN!!! And it is this sort of bigotry and the party playing to it which is why I have come to despise the Republican party so. I grew up in the south during desegragation and saw first hand that posion first hand and loath it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

......Is give peace a chance.

Where is my tambourine? Darn it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Trying to play the race card here I see. It doesn't matter about what race or what skin color you are. It's about who's in this country legally or not.

It's not racist to enforce the immigration laws.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

AMEN...AMEN...AMEN!!! And it is this sort of bigotry and the party playing to it which is why I have come to despise the Republican party so. I grew up in the south during desegragation and saw first hand that posion first hand and loath it.

You missed the point. When the republicans had control of the house, they blocked every single amnesty bill that would tottaly destroy the rights of every tax paying american citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRATNS which means legalizing millions of people who are here ILLIGALLY. It's like rewarding criminals.

For more of a correction, it is not supposed to be the anti-mexican issue.

It's somewhat infureating and funny to see how you people try to picture me as a racist bigot when I walk about the illigal immigration issue.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Connection? You mean, like, exchanging Ramadan cards? There are all kinds of "connections".

article.nationalreview.com...
freerepublic.com...
www.regimeofterror.com...

There's also the issue of the training camps in northeastern Iraq; Kurdish territory, to be sure, but could not operate without at least the tacit approval of Saddam.

Then please explain if the info in these articles is true, why Bush & Co has failed to use this to validate the war in Iraq? Before the war, they had the CIA and Richard Clark looking for any connection between Saddam and 9/11 and Al Qaeda and all they came up with that Mohammad Atta once had a meeting with an Iraqi intelligence official, and even that was weak. That is why they decided to use WMD’s as an excuse to invade Iraq. As it turns out, all the info they had for WMD's was also wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

I started in 2000 favoring the Republican Party. To be fair, I voted Bush, and was relieved when he won. I even supported the Iraq war, at first. I believed in strong leadership, fiscal responsibility, someone who would put science before religion, and equal rights as opposed to special rights.

What I got instead was something out of a nightmare.

Bush proudly displayed his ignorance and caused my first concerns when he, against the advice of all the doctors and scientists, citing what has come to be known as religious "truthiness" rather than fact, as his reason for cutting all funding to stem cell research.

Then 9/11 happened and, when I hoped to see a strong confident leader guide us through a terrible time, I instead got a bumbling moron who had a less coherent picture of what happened than the local convenience store clerk.

Then he ran up the deficit like there was no end to the money on Earth or the credit line of the United States, to the point where my grandchildren's government will be economically crippled.

Then he lied to us. Then he kept lying. He has continued lying, every single press conference, even up till a week ago when he said Rumsfeld would last through the remainder of his term. He slaughtered a people who had never attacked us because of those lies, and lost thousands more of our own citizens to the lies.

Then he wanted to put up a wall to keep all the Mexicans out... a WALL... Like we were motherf---ing Cold War Berlin or something!!! I'm STILL pissed about that one.

Then he started turning the wheels to bring "1984" to reality with every form of domestic surveillance possible. And to this day we STILL don't know everything that's being monitored.

But the one that really got me. The one that completely destroyed any shred of sympathy or hope I had for his whole g-ddamned administration, was the opening of secret torture camps, first lying about whether they existed, then trying to suppress the truth about them, and when it was finally too late to hide them, he tried to make them into law, and threatened to use his first Veto in six years of running the country, to stop a law that would have officially made torture illegal.

THAT is why I am so incredibly glad the Republicans are no longer in power. It is not because I am anti-Republican, or pro-Democrat. I am a moderate. What I am is vehemently anti-Bush, and the only real way to stop this tyrannical madman is with a bloodless coup (a bloody coup would have given him powers of the presidency indefinitely and the authority to use the military against U.S. citizens).

The takeover of House and (hopefully) Senate by the Democrats is just that bloodless coup I was praying for, and the one thing that might, just MIGHT allow us to get through the next 2 years without spiraling our country into another civil war.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   

It's somewhat infureating and funny to see how you people try to picture me as a racist bigot when I walk about the illigal immigration issue.

No, we see you as a racist bigot because keeping out the Mexicans is so important to you that you would allow all the other monstrous atrocities I mentioned above to continue.

I agree, illegal immigrants are techically criminals.

Do I really frickin' care that someone here illegally is plucking chickens and washing dishes? No.

Do I care enough that I'm going to let the President destroy our country and what it stands for just to make a pretense of getting rid of them? HELL NO!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Trying to play the race card here I see. It doesn't matter about what race or what skin color you are. It's about who's in this country legally or not.

I am not a racist and never have been and it infuriates me to claim that I am playing the race card. Would you be writing what you did if we were being swamped by white, English speaking Canadians instead of brown skinned Spanish speaking Latinos? I seriously doubt it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

......Is give peace a chance.

Where is my tambourine? Darn it.

Hey where did you get that picture of me?

Actually my hair is a lot shorter these days and I have a short cropped beard and I have a few (never mind how many few) extra pounds but hey in the day!!!

[edit on 9-11-2006 by grover]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I am not a racist and never have been and it infuriates me to claim that I am playing the race card. Would you be writing what you did if we were being swamped by white, English speaking Canadians instead of brown skinned Spanish speaking Latinos? I seriously doubt it.

What I posted previously was rather misworded to a point where everyone called me racist and I apologize for that. I am against illigal immigration, any any guest worker/reform bill that comes out giving these people anmesty.

I would just hope that these newly elected democrats in the house of represenative would not vote for any bill like that. But with the democrats in house control, it just give everyone else a big fear that the chances of a disastrous bill like that getting passed is very likley.

I did not mean to be racist in anyway but again misworded with the reason why I mentioned "spanish speaking only mexicans" at first is because the vast majority of illigal aliens of course are from mexico out of any other country.

As for other issues besides that, it would be interesting to see what will happen in the future.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The amnesty scare is nothing than scare, already congress, Republican and Democrat knows what Americans think about amnesty.

We have state already that took matters in their own hand and they will prevail.

Not without federal funding they won't. Let's wait and see if the funding for the 700-mile wall goes thru, now that Charlie Rangel will chair the Ways and Means committee.

So Mrs. Pelosi What is the strategy about Iraq?

You need to start being politically correct, marg. It's MIZZ Pelosi.

I don't really mind having either party taking control of the house Democrat or not.

As long as they don't sell out our sovereignty to another foreign country, that would be perfectly fine.

Remember who sid "I would put it to a Global Test" when talking about pre-emption. Hint: he was the Democratic candidate for the presidency in 2004.

Originally posted by thelibra

Bigotry? White supremist party? Are you referring to Republicans as "white supremists"? And you talk of bigotry?

The majority of Americans are against amnesty. The majority of Americans oppose making it easier for illegal immigrants to become citizens. Nine out of ten Americans say illegal immigration is a serious problem.

www.breitbart.com...

I suggest you stop with the name calling.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   

As you sit there and try to paint Republicans as segregationists, don't forget the names Strom Thurmond, George Wallace, William Colmer, and Robert Byrd, to name a few.

Edit typo.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I did not mean to be racist in anyway but again misworded with the reason why I mentioned "spanish speaking only mexicans" at first is because the vast majority of illigal aliens of course are from mexico out of any other country.

Living where I do, I understand what you mean. Too many pull the race card when it comes to illegal immigration, it's BS. There are neighborhoods here that are exclusively spanish speaking, all the stores, the signs, everything. There's even a Fry's Mercado in one neighborhood, instead of Fry's Marketplace, which is a major grocery store chain here. But neither party has done anything to stop it, Republican or Democrat. I'm not even sure what could be done, other than aggresively go after those who employ them, that's it. You can't build a wall, that won't work, they'll go over, under, or around. You can't round them all up, there are millions of them. It's a pretty complicated issue, but race has nothing to do with it, they're illegal, and there's no way to track them when they commit murder and escape back to Mexico, etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well Thanks Js I was not sure if she was a Mrs. or a MIZZ

Now something very interesting came out about the states that had ballots with immigration issues.

Well!!!!!

It seems that the majority of Spanish that voted on those states also were in favor of the immigrant initiatives and border control.!!!!

So people READ MY LIPS we can not allow Congress, the president or whoever is in Power to allow amnesty.

I am a Spanish woman and eve I don't want amnesty for illegals.

It Will hurt working class American citizens.

So call and call and call and bog your representatives and say no

WE the people are the only ones that can make a differences.

Remember that Congress change hands NO because we wanted amnesty but because we wanted changes and new directions with our domestic issues and giving a free ride to illegals WAS NOT ONE OF THEM.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join