It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Sweep GOP out of House of Representatives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
we lost the house and the senate. i am loading my guns and building my bomb shelter at 7 am.u areall on your own.......well actually i wanna stick around long enough to see the change that the dems are gonna bring.i have heard we need change america as a whole voted for change yet i have not heard what that change is. to vote for change just for change sakes is a wasted vote . the ball is in the dems court lets see if they hit the 3 pointer at the buzzer or double dribble and give the ball to the other team.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinityatthebridge
we lost the house and the senate. i am loading my guns and building my bomb shelter at 7 am.u areall on your own.......well actually i wanna stick around long enough to see the change that the dems are gonna bring.i have heard we need change america as a whole voted for change yet i have not heard what that change is. to vote for change just for change sakes is a wasted vote . the ball is in the dems court lets see if they hit the 3 pointer at the buzzer or double dribble and give the ball to the other team.

I keep telling people the dems aren't that bad....actually they are quite mild and the Democratic leadership council transformed them into conservative lite years ago.

One party, regardless of the party controlling all the branches of govt. is far worse for our nation's political health than anything else. Besides that the Dem's control isn't so fat that they could ignore the repubs. (like the repubs tried with them under delay and hastert) but will have to work with them work with them to get anything done besides the repubs. still control the presidency and the courts.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by grover]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
It has just been reported on the AP that if the canvasing in Va. continues as it has been George Allen plans to concede to Jim Webb sometime tomorrow evening. If so, and it certainly looks like it from here in Va. The Demo's will control the Senate (with the help of Liberman and Saunders) by 1 vote depriving Dick Cheney of his only opprotunity to ooze out of his undisclosed location and actually do something the constituition gives the authority to do...break ties in the Senate.

If you are counting on Lieberman to caucus soley with the Democrats, you will be sorely disappointed. The Democrats jettisoned him in favor of Ned Lamont, so Lieberman owes them nothing. And his Senatorial record is testimony to the fact that he never did toe the party line.

I keep telling people the dems aren't that bad....actually they are quite mild and the Democratic leadership council transformed them into conservative lite years ago.

Some of them are, such as Pelosi, Dean, and Kennedy. And wasn't it Harry Reid who "proudly" announced that "We killed the Patriot Act"? And Hillary, leading the applause over the fact that the Democrats had stifled Social Security reform.

The Democrats downfall from this election, and the lesson that they will not learn, is that the election was not an endorsement of far-left policies. Americans are basically conservative and moderate, and the vote was against the Republicans for abandoning those values more than it was for Democrats.

One party, regardless of the party controlling all the branches of govt. is far worse for our nation's political health than anything else.

Yes, but both sides must work together for the good of the country, something neither side has done. The next two years will be basically gridlock.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I love it. History in the making. The world stage is a play. Watch for another terrorist attack.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I think jsobecky hit the nail on the head with his comments about what the voters were voting for, exactly.

IMO, the two major parties have FAILED us.

We desperately need uncompromised leadership.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   

The Democrats downfall from this election, and the lesson that they will not learn, is that the election was not an endorsement of far-left policies. Americans are basically conservative and moderate, and the vote was against the Republicans for abandoning those values more than it was for Democrats.

Sounds like a Canadian election.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I AM FAR LEFT...like left of Bernie Saunders and Paul Wellstone ...like advocating a limited socialization ...nationalizing certain industries...like endorsing a mandatory national public serve (both military and civilian) between 18 and 21...like stern environmental regulations...like national health care, among other things...like I cut my teeth on "Mother Jones" and"In These Times" and still read them and there is no one, absolutely no one in congress that comes anywhere close. The left in our congress is only slightly left than your average moderate Republican...to call them far left makes me laugh so much I spilled my coffee.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I AM FAR LEFT...like left of Bernie Saunders and Paul Wellstone ...like advocating a limited socialization ...nationalizing certain industries...like endorsing a mandatory national public serve (both military and civilian) between 18 and 21...like stern environmental regulations...like national health care, among other things...like I cut my teeth on "Mother Jones" and"In These Times" and still read them and there is no one, absolutely no one in congress that comes anywhere close. The left in our congress is only slightly left than your average moderate Republican...to call them far left makes me laugh so much I spilled my coffee.

National service is neither right nor left. And many other of your beliefs can be found in our gov't., like national health care. Hillary wants that. Gore is an enviro-nut. Kucinich is just plain out there.

So you're a leftie. Good for you. Most of us were at one time in our life. To quote Winston Churchill: 'If you're not a liberal at twenty, you have no heart, if you're still a liberal at thirty, you've got no brain.'

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am 50 and have plenty of brains thank you very much....as for Gore there is absolutely nothing nutty about being concerned about the environment....it is nutty however not to care.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
...I am VERY interested in seeing what becomes of this. The previous leadership of the House and Senate (Republilcans) were far too out of step with both the traditional party appraoch to fiscal conservatism and smaller government, while also radically Christian. I fear that the current leadership elects (Democrats) are the polar opposite - far too liberal and far to secular! I mean, Nancy Pelosi??? Hello??? Since when did anyone desire Carl Marx to become Speaker of the House?

When are people going to learn to stop voting AGAINST everything, and start voting FOR something? If this last election was truly a referendum against the Bush White House, then we are in big trouble. If this was truly about doing something different, then I think we'll be ok. Only time will tell. However, that being said, people should be very careful what they wish for or they end up getting more of it than they bargained for!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
When are people going to learn to stop voting AGAINST everything, and start voting FOR something?

When politicians start voting for their constituents and not for special interests.

If this last election was truly a referendum against the Bush White House, then we are in big trouble.

It was, and we are.

However, that being said, people should be very careful what they wish for or they end up getting more of it than they bargained for!

I said that back in 2000, and we got more than we bargained for, didn’t we?

Now there is a balance of power and I think that is a good thing. Everyone is worried that there will be gridlock and it will be worse, but history tells us different. Whenever there were opposing parties in the presidency and the house, and they work together, they get more accomplished and it turns out being better for the country.

If gridlock does happen, we will hold both parties accountable in the next election.

[edit on 11/9/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Aaah, grover, you echo my sentiments exactly. I, too, have envisioned the
"nationalizing of certain industries" in this country. Why? Because maybe our
government should be taking care of our people. Maybe no one should be starving.
Maybe no one should be cold in the winter. Maybe a difference can be made.

I also agree with your take on "mandatory military and public service". How better
to understand your country than to serve it, . .feel it . . .know it?

Maybe the Dems can add a little compassion back into our rat race.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum

Originally posted by 27jd
I don't really like either party, but, IMO, the Republicans have done nothing to make us safer at home, if anything they've increased the danger.

There have been no attacks on US soil since 911 despite several attempts. I'd say they're doing a good job.

Originally posted by 27jd
[the Republicans] had the right idea at first in Afghanistan, targeting fundamentalists, but then completely dropped the ball and led us on a wild adventure to take out a bastard,....

Haven't you ever heard the expression "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Hussein was communicating with Al Qaeda (through Zarqawi) and the genuine concern was that he'd provide them with WMD that EVERYONE (including democrats) suspected he had stockpiled. If we didn't go into Iraq and, subsequently, we were attacked by Al qeada with chemical agents provided by Iraq; Democrats woul have called for Bush's impeachment (deservedly so). Bush had no choice but to take on Iraq before that happened. National security is directly his responsibiity. And, in only that regard he has done well.

A) you need a source to say Hussein was communicating with AlQaeda...havent you heard, the government still cant proove a connection.

B) Are you aware of the fact that the US sold Saddam his chemical weapons, the same ones we accused him of using. We sold it to them so he could use them on Iran.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well, Jsobecky, i'm dissapointed in you.

Is that what you think of lefties, no brains? Let me tell you, genius,
, being a rightie does not make you all that.

Dee dee dee!!! Brain damaged we are, and proud of it.

If its brain damage to want some peace, then i'm a leftie.
If its brain damage to want whats best for OUR country, then i'm a leftie.
If its brain damage to want OUR country back, then i'm a leftie.

And proud of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If you are counting on Lieberman to caucus soley with the Democrats, you will be sorely disappointed. The Democrats jettisoned him in favor of Ned Lamont, so Lieberman owes them nothing. And his Senatorial record is testimony to the fact that he never did toe the party line.

You are correct in this point Jsobecky - so that would put the Senate count at 50/50 in that case. Factor in a Democratic House & a Republican Executive - that provides for a 50/50 Government. I have no problem with that - "Checks & Balances" remember - that is what the Founding Fathers intended & that is finally what we have now!

Wasn't it Harry Reid who "proudly" announced that "We killed the Patriot Act"?

Oh you mean that thing that Violated the 4th & 5th Amendments to the Constitution? Yes you are correct! Sorry I just don't Trust Bush when he says "Take my Word for it". I am all for Spying on the Terrorists - but how about some REAL Safeguards in place for Protecting *AMERICANS PRIVACY*!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wish I could do graphics. I would make a drawing of a bunch of hippies holding up a sign that read:

Halp us jsobecky- We R Stuck hear in Republik of Amerika

www.worldnetdaily.com...

[edit on 11/9/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Isn't this an awkward picture....

Anyway, I wonder if Bush is smiling because he's high on pain meds after having his balls removed...must hurt.

Anyway, pretty interesting that Bush is now 'open to ideas' on Iraq. Almost like a dog rolling over and exposing it's belly as a sign of submission.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't know I kinda get the feeling that the look on Bushes face is a "I gonna break you B----!" But she is one tough cookie....has to be to be a woman and made it this far....the glass ceiling in politics is far denser than in business. If Bush thinks he's going to break her he may be in for a rough ride.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What a great picture! It is as if she is implying that if he does not watch his step he will regret it!

Very sweet. True power comes from the heart, and Bush's mistake was wearing his on his sleeve.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, Jsobecky, i'm dissapointed in you.

Is that what you think of lefties, no brains? Let me tell you, genius,
, being a rightie does not make you all that.

What are you talking about, dg?? And you better stop sticking that tongue out at me, or I'm gonna pour pepper on it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join