It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Sweep GOP out of House of Representatives

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
It's like I always say to democrats when we debate politics. Winning an election isn't really a victory, it just means that they finally have work to do. They've spent so much time complaining about the republicans that I'd be surprised if they remember how to run a government. Anyways, congrats to the Demoncrats, let's see how you do now that you've got what you said you've wanted.

Like this administration? Running the Government like a champ? Face it if anyone voted for this administration or is affilated, no one has any room to talk. How much does the war in iraq cost per hr? Total failure & warfare pimps to boot. Sorry it can't get any worse than these Mayberry failures. And that's going to be the legacy this administration leaves behind Utter Failure on all levels of Govt. Dean is the winner of his 50 state strategy.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
So are you saying that the hard right is level headed and realistic? That they don't have some pretty far out ideas about those of us on the left? If so that is news to me. I have heard everything from global warming in a liberal plot to take away our SUV's to the Clinton's decorated their White House Christmas tree with condoms and syringes to if Jesus was here he would be a Republican voting for Bush...and those are just the ones I recall right off the bat to referring to Katherine Harris after the 2000 election as "our Mother Teresa and our Joan of Arc" (as reported from her introduction at several inagural balls)...pretty loopy if you ask me....and pretty tacky as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
If it were true, the republicans would have certainly used it to justify the war in Iraq. @@:

They did. Go do your own research. The justification for going into Iraq was always because of his posession of WMD and the threat he presented by using them.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freedom_for_sum
The terrorists and domestic Islamo-fascists (CAIR) are celebrating now that their allies have taken control. Now we can sit back and watch the various Islamo-alphabet groups slowly gain political power to fulfill their desire to turn the US into an Islamic nation. Of course; they may try but it will NEVER happen. The Dems will be voted out (hopefully) long before that ever happens.

My major concern is the Dems have no staying power and no plan on how to win the war on terrorism. I expect the patriot act to be phased out and Muslim terrorist cells to be phased in. Stand-by for the next major attack on US soil.......................................

Yeah yeah... the terrorist liberals are winning and all their Nazi-islamic regime will overrun the White House in 2008. May the God of Guns, Oil and Drugs have mercy on our souls!

By the way, sheep, while you are back into hiding in your #hole for the next 10-12 years, don't forget to TAKE YOUR PILLS this time! And a few posters of photoshopped naked Ann Coulter for your sexual needs...

nanana-na... nanana-na... hey hey hey... GOODBYE!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
This is a fantastic thing that has happened. Our government now has checks and balances! No longer are we ruled in some dictatorship in which whatever the president wants to pass, constitutional or not, it gets passed!

There may not be many accomplishments in the next 2 years due to the polarization in the branches, but this is a great day for the future of America.

McCain was right...it is a wake up call to Republicans.

Bring back the goldwater, small government, responsible fiscal REPUBLICANS. No more of these neoconservatives who pervert and destroy the party and our government!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Alright, enough political baitind. Red flags to fly, as you can already see.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
If it were true, the republicans would have certainly used it to justify the war in Iraq. @@:

They did. Go do your own research. The justification for going into Iraq was always because of his posession of WMD and the threat he presented by using them.

Yeah I figured you didn't have a source.

Here’s a clue. They didn't find any WMD's, so how could Saddam give them to the terrorists?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well I'm no huge fan of the Democrats, but it's good to see the American people have rather firmly advised the neocons where they can stick it. I've heard enough triumphalist crowing over the last six years to give me a bellyache for the next dozen.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
As a Libertarian, I'm used to loosing to the identical twins. The Democrat/Republican Party. I predict the first campaign promise to be broken will happen when the Democrats try to raise taxes on the Middle Class. I'm going to lay a little extra aside so it does not hit me so hard when it happens. If you want real change, find the courage to step outside the box and vote for Idependants and Libertarians. The people have spoken! Two more years of the Republicrats. Don't whine when nothing changes as it's your fault.

As Howard Dean once said - YEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just realized - "Democrates"

Is that anything like Republicanes? Sorry, I've had to much coffee this morning

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Actually I think it would be a good thing if George Allen ties it up for the next few weeks. Really I would like to see him tie it up for the next two years! I bet America will love him sooo much for that

If ever I catch any of these clowns out and about some years from now I will make a citizen's arrest and fly them to Germany on my dollar to stand trial!

Now shut up and give me a red flag already!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
"And freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose . . . ."

Oh , what was that? A snowball just rolled past and sticking out of the top was
someone who looked just like Donald Rummy.....whatshisname anyway?

The first biggee to go down in the snowstorm . . .resigned?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

There have been no attacks on US soil since 911 despite several attempts. I'd say they're doing a good job.

Several harebrained, overly conspicuous attempts. I have a hard time buying any of them honestly. It wouldn't have to be that complicated at all for terrorists to pull off Israel style suicide attacks, Israel has far more security measures in place than we do, but I honestly think the fundamentalists are kinda afraid to hit us here again. Many thought 9/11 was a very bad idea. It gave the world's most powerful and far reaching military a reason to come after them, and gave their number one enemy, Israel, a pass to be more heavy handed with the blessing of the U.S. I believe the Republicans needed to keep the fear alive, since that's all they had to fall back on....

Originally posted by 27jd
Haven't you ever heard the expression "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"? Hussein was communicating with Al Qaeda (through Zarqawi) and the genuine concern was that he'd provide them with WMD that EVERYONE (including democrats) suspected he had stockpiled.

Zarqawi? I've never heard nor read anything along those lines. There were never any links to AQ, and the neocons even admitted that eventually. I believe Saddam of all people wouldn't supply weapons after 9/11, that could be traced back to him to hit the country that handed him his @ss so severely, so we could come in and do what we did anyway. He liked ruling his country with an iron fist, he had no allegiance with fundamental Islam, they offered him nothing and he had nothing to gain and everything to lose if he gave them weapons. And EVERYONE was fed false intelligence info, EVERYONE was lied to by this administration and gave them the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The terrorists and domestic Islamo-fascists (CAIR) are celebrating now that their allies have taken control. Now we can sit back and watch the various Islamo-alphabet groups slowly gain political power to fulfill their desire to turn the US into an Islamic nation. Of course; they may try but it will NEVER happen. The Dems will be voted out (hopefully) long before that ever happens.

My major concern is the Dems have no staying power and no plan on how to win the war on terrorism. I expect the patriot act to be phased out and Muslim terrorist cells to be phased in. Stand-by for the next major attack on US soil.......................................

Your post makes me wonder if you even know what the word fascism means. It's sad to see how brainwashed you've become by the neofascist pundits to think that democrats plan on turning the United States into an Islamic nation. If the democrats truly wanted Americans to live under Sharia law you would think that they wouldn't support abortion rights and gay marriage...

It's ironic that you express your fear of the United States becoming "Islamofacist" and yet in the same breath you lament the repeal of the Patriot Act whose passage marks America's first step towards becoming a fascist state.

As far as the next major attack on US soil, if there is another attack you can be sure it will be a false-flag blackops operation just like 9/11. Bush, Cheney and whoever else was complicit in 9/11 should be impeached and executed for war crimes and treason. 9/11 was orchestrated by the George W. Bush regime in order to provide justification for otherwise unjustifiable wars, abridge our precious freedoms, and whip up a rabid nationalistic fervor in the masses. And judging by your post their plan worked on some level.

Day by day this place becomes less like America and more like Nazi Germany. Hopefully the democratic victory in congress will reverse that trend and undo the damage that republicans have done to my beloved country.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Congratulations! You just won the Grand Prize for the most Ridiculously Ludicrous Statements ever made in a Post!

Democrats are AMERICANS & they do not advocate Terrorism! As a matter of fact they have sworn to actually IMPLEMENT the 9/11 Commissions Suggestions for REAL Homeland Security. Just what has Bush done (well besides give away our Ports to the Arabs)?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The justification for going into Iraq was always because of his posession of WMD and the threat he presented by using them.

Oh Yeah - that reminds me -> Bush Introduced a NEW Rationale for the Iraq War right before the Election. Now if you ask me this is the REAL Rationale for the War & although he had previously denied that this was a Main Factor, it went a little something like this: "Imagine a World were Terrorists were to take over a Country Rich in OIL and pull it Off of the Market for U.S. Sale?" - Let me guess, that is what he REALLY means when he says that a Stabile Iraq is Vital to "National Security".

So what are we going to do next - Invade Venezuela?

Yes - good job Mr. Bush - keep on doing the Will of your Puppet Masters over at Exxon Mobile & Halliburton. Just feed the rest of the American Public some B.S. Excuse to Justify Invading Iraq like Islamic "Freedom" (what an Oxymoron). Sorry but as we have just witnessed via our recent Election - the American People have seen through your B.S. to the Real Truth & have responded with a resounding "HELL NO"!

[edit on 8-11-2006 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rahul Buttar
As far as the next major attack on US soil, if there is another attack you can be sure it will be a false-flag blackops operation just like 9/11. Bush, Cheney and whoever else was complicit in 9/11 should be impeached and executed for war crimes and treason. 9/11 was orchestrated by the George W. Bush regime in order to provide justification for otherwise unjustifiable wars, abridge our precious freedoms, and whip up a rabid nationalistic fervor in the masses.

TRUE!! You got my WAT this month.

IMPEACH the rotten bunch NOW

Originally posted by:Bob Dylan
Listen to me Mr. Pussyman / This might be your last night in a bed so soft / We're not pimps on the make, politicians on the take, / You can't pay us off.
We're gonna blow up your home of Voodoo / And watch it burn without any regret / We got the power we're the new government, / You just don't know it yet.

YOU'RE GONNA HANG!

P.S. Excuse my euphoria of joy this morning.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
democrats rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
altough i thought it was funny....i was in study hall...and im like "yay!! democrats won!!" and some girl says to me..."yeah...democrats suck!" and im like "republicans are worse...and bush is horrible"
and she said...AND I QUOTE "bush doesnt represent republicans!"
and i'll just leave it at that...i just thought that was funny...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have to say, as neutrally as I can, that I am quietly relieved that the pendulum of power has swung yet again. As alot of you know I'm neither Dem nor Rep but THANK GOD for term limits, it was time for another 'cycle' and the pendulum of power to change as the current administration is dangerous beyond compare.

Looks like it will be 50 dems and 49 reps in the senate with 1 ind caucusing for the dems so the Cheney factor will probably not be an issue.

We shall see.

About 10 days to certify elections? Recounts anyone?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It has just been reported on the AP that if the canvasing in Va. continues as it has been George Allen plans to concede to Jim Webb sometime tomorrow evening. If so, and it certainly looks like it from here in Va. The Demo's will control the Senate (with the help of Liberman and Saunders) by 1 vote depriving Dick Cheney of his only opprotunity to ooze out of his undisclosed location and actually do something the constituition gives the authority to do...break ties in the Senate.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join