It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats take US House of Representatives !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
well there is a race here in colo that still is tight, and i am hoping that it goes to the dems. it is the infamous marilyn musgrave versus newcomer angie paccione. last i looke 80% reporting and still too close to call. for those of you that don't know ms. musgrave has been one of the biggest opponents to gay marriage and one of the most vocal, pretty much being used as a distraction tool by the gop to avoid real issues such as the war and the defecit. ms. paccione at least is a more human candidate, accepting and overcoming her faults. she still is against gay marriage, but has at least spoken up by saying there are more important fish for congress to fry.

all you dem lovers out there, send your hopes for a better future to colorado, and i hope to wake up to more pleasant news in the morning.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Ok I am throwing myself on my sword and admitting defeat, I will try not to be a sore loser. I am going to bed now to let the nightmares begin.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Some things will stay the same, but some things may change:

* You may well see increased movements to re-instate the draft

* Funding for the 700 mile border fence will probably never be realized

* Amnesty for illegal immigrants will be the new slogan

* Taxes will rise

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Felt like Xmas when i woke up today.Dems running the house and senate!
Truly a happy day.Yay for the Donkey party!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I cant remember when i've been so happy!!!!!

I am happy for all of us- everyone of us.
Now,as i said in another thread, it remains to be seen what reaction comes frm the White House.

I think there will be hell to pay.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So does that mean Dubya has been given the boot??

When,s he going?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
So does that mean Dubya has been given the boot??

When,s he going?

Nope, the House Democratic leader, Nancy Pelosi, has said impeachment of Bush is not on the table. At the most, gaining House control will block new legislation from passing unless they come to a compromise between both houses.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yep, looks like the politicians cleaned house this election cycle. Yet another year of the people at the top fighting for supreme power. Looks like some of them got their way.

"It looks like politicians are poised to dominate the political discourse of the country for years to come," said analyst Maria Lawson of the Free Enterprise Institute, who as long ago as December of 2004 had picked congressmen to once again take over the House of Representatives. "This should allow them to pursue their own political agendas almost unimpeded, sign even more bills into law, and appoint fellow politicians to committee chairmanships, special interest commissions, and other posts of power."
visit source for comlete article

[edit on 8-11-2006 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
There is some crazy theory floating around on the 'net that the Republicans, especially the neo-cons, are gearing to turn on Bush.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I smell some conspiracy here.Its like the US government was expecting the democrats to take over.So far the republicans got a bad image,I'm think the government decided to use them to give the democrats a better image for some purpose.George Bush definately got a bad image,but is it accidental or intentional?Could it be because they were giving George Bush a bad image just to give the next president a much better image(especially if that president was a democrat)??

But if i'm wrong then show me how i'm wrong.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by tormentor]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
maybe the idea of a US civil war is out of the window now with the Democrats getting in. You could be right about a conspiracy surrounding the breakthrough, but to behonest it was on the cards.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Changes like this occur all the time in the political spectrum of a nation, you win some you, lose some. If your party is in office when things go bad, expect the boot. I see this going down like the Clinton years when the Republicans held congress, minus the impeachment. We'll see how things pan out.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well, I'm just glad that they got all the glitches out of the voting system and none of the Diebold machines were rigged and there was no fraud designed to "steal" this election.

Edit to add: I'm also glad that there were no "disenfranchised" voters, either.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This election wasn't so much an affermation of the democrats principals but a rejection to the neo-cons arrogance and corruption and whoreing out to the big corperations. The electorat wants a voice in how this country is run and they have shown it by kicking out many fine honerable Republicans. The Senate may be next.

The old man Bush has taken control of the administration now. Rummys gone and other heads are gonna roll too. The neo-cons had thier day but the "good ole boy" network of bush 41 has taken over. W is toast. Cheney has been castrated by the old CIA big dogs that have much more power than anyone can even imagine.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Jsobecky,

You mean the attempt didnt work because it was a Democratic landslide all across the board and it just couldnt be coverd up?

www.infowars.com... heckmates_election_thieves.htm

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well, it looks as if the Senate was next with a win for Webb in Virginia.

Allen is expected to give a concession speech tomorrow. MSNBC, CNN

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It's just too bad that the American people did not win control of the House. As long as Americans need politcal parties to tell them what to think and how to vote, the high and the mighty minority will retain control of the majority of WE THE PEOPLE. The powers that be continue to shove two parties down our throats so that we will think that we actually have a choice. We do not have a choice because the Republicans and Democrats are two sides of the SAME COIN. It is time that Americans rose up and took that coin and threw it into the river with the King's tea and pulled a shiny new coin out of our pockets to represent us. The old coin is tarnished and dull and no longer will purchase what WE THE PEOPLE need. It is too filled with graft and corruption and politcal backroom deals that benefit a few mighty and rich men at the expense of WE THE PEOPLE.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Well, I'm just glad that they got all the glitches out of the voting system and none of the Diebold machines were rigged and there was no fraud designed to "steal" this election.

Edit to add: I'm also glad that there were no "disenfranchised" voters, either.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by jsobecky]
Maybe this is it. Since i'm a true conspiracist, i cant rule out that "they" (The Republicans) allowed the people to have their say NOW, only to come back with a COUP in 08. (Since now everyone who's been in a flap about the voting fraud is somewhat apeased.)

I dont put anything past them and i remain skeptical, somewhat happy, but very skeptical of this whole thing.

Nothing is at it appears.

Not to mention the new Speaker of the House "promising" not to impeach George.
i'm starting to smell a rat.

[edit on 8-11-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
IMO the Dems gains can be put down to two things.
The first reason is that many people may have cast a protest vote against the botched war in Iraq.
The 2nd reason is the two party system the lack of thrid party candidates limteds peoples choices on the ballet.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Democrats are going to focus all their energy by attacking our President instead of focusing on other top priorities. For the last six years liberal Democrats have been soaking up anti-american propaganda and reading conspiracy theories believing they are real. This concerns me greatly.
Seems like the Democrats view our President as a greater threat than the forces of terrorism. And seeing how Democrats prefer to cater to Terrorist requests I doubt their ability to confront such a force.

[edit on 9-11-2006 by laiguana]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join