It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats take US House of Representatives !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Democrats swept Republicans out of power in the US House of Representatives, riding public doubts about the war in Iraq and President George W Bush's leadership to victory.
Two years after a decisive election victory for Bush and his Republicans, Democrats picked up the 15 seats they needed to recapture control of the 435-seat House for the first time since 1994, NBC television said.

Story Here

About what everyone was expecting ??

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
wow.....get ready for more beheadings....on American soil. Deo Vindice!

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Goodbye Mr. Speaker.. and Hello Madame Pelosi!

I'm happy, it's at least a change of scenery. It's like changing the sheets on your bed, though it's fresh and snuggly, there will still be that one spring that will stab you in the back when you roll over it. That is what this is.

In the grand scheme of things, I don't expect it to be much different. But at least it may feel a bit different.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud
wow.....get ready for more beheadings....on American soil. Deo Vindice!

That wont happen! Eveyone makes the dems out to be doves and they are not. They will fight and fight smart. Im happy at the results.

Remember...the senate has not been decided yet!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What difference does it make? Both sides of the coin look the same to me. I honestly don't see where it makes a difference. That said, it was time for a change simply because the republicans had gotten too cocky. The corruption and cover-ups had to go. How long will it take for the corruption of the dems? Remember, we're dealing with people, not gods. One party is as easily corrupted as the other. The caliber of people running and serving is just too low.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Let the Impeachments begin
, at least Bush and his croonies won't be able to bully the house any longer and if what I was told would be done if the Dems win, the investigations into the Republicans in the White House will start

The Dems better do as they said they would if they won if they want my vote again next time

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Not yet

They need 218 but only have 217. If the rest goes to the Rep's then they won't get majority. But of course they will get majority. They only need one more. They probably got it by the time I post this post.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Fight smart..yeah like France...it is truly now Vietnam redux. Pelosi is the ultimate insult for anyone that has bled and suffered in this bull**** war. The American people do not deserve the country they live in or the rights they are given. As a culture, we are doomed. Such is the way of history, there will be no one left but the hordes to pick up the pieces. Get used to praising Allah, if you still have all of your appendages, or a head to face East.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm very happy that Bush wont have total control of "everything" in the government . Its about darn time!!!

WE are on the right track and the country is waking up.

Thank you, God.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I don't think that this is a good thing.

It's just proof that the control mechanism is functioning properly.

When people start to get angry, the good cop and the bad cop switch hats, and the abuse continues.

I would be surprised to the point of hysteria if the Democrats didn't pick up right where the Republicans left off, selling out our nation to the men with more money than God.

:shk:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Not yet

They need 218 but only have 217. If the rest goes to the Rep's then they won't get majority. But of course they will get majority. They only need one more. They probably got it by the time I post this post.

edition.cnn.com...

sssssoooooo funny! i don't know why, but busted out loud on it!! thanks

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Yeah, yesterday Ted Kennedy controlled the senate and today...he still does. Guys, if you think Bush has two brain cells to rub together to concieve what the word conspiracy even means..then I guess you win. Since when did the colors switch that the republicaneverevenifelectedcans are red. I specifically rememberd when I was a wee lad that they were blue. I do think red fits the dems a bit better. Welcome to the new Amerika. Just wondering...will the serious conspiracy guys hit on Pelosi when we surrender or is that reserved for only for Israel's goy?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Fox News just reported that Jim Talent of MO conceded defeat

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Yeah....so much for Quantrill's Raiders

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miconats
Fox News just reported that Jim Talent of MO conceded defeat

What???

CNN has Talent ahead!

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Dems got the Senate too.

mccaskill and webb have declared victory, so now it all depends on to the Montana seat race with Tester leading.

Keep It Real

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
CNN says the real nail biter will end up being Virginia.

Last time I checked it was roughly 1500 votes apart with Webb in the lead.

It all comes down to the absentee and provisional votes in a recount.

If the first Virginia tally results in less than a 1% difference, this will drag out into December.

I'm not too comfortable with what might happen between now and the end of the year.

What might the all powerful do in desperation to remain all powerful?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by proprog
Dems got the Senate too.

I havent heard this. I think its down to 2 seats.

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Yeah. Those of you who recognize me know that I tend to lean more to the right than many of the members around here. That being said, I say good. Please don't mistake this for me changing my point of view - I would still rather have conservatives in power than the libs any day of the week. It is good though, and not entirely unexpected or even unusual if you look back through history. Control constantly swings back and forth.

As the Dark Elf said above, at this time in history it really doesn't matter who has control of the Senate, House or even the White House. The same people are singing the same songs, they've just changed the key.

Wonder how long the honeymoon will last?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Good. I hope they end up with the Senate as well for the next two years to start correcting some of the terrible damage done to this country in recent years. After two years, I want one house to be Republican and one Democrat to keep them from doing much of anything unless they both compromise to get things through.

I don't think the Democrats winning will make as much a difference as I hope, though. Pelosi has vowed to not impeach Bush. Several of the gutless worms that voted for recent laws against Liberty are already campaigning for positions of influence in the new Democratically-controlled house.

But I hope things turn out better than I expect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join